Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    like merry and pippin didnt have ADHD
    Bilbo has OCD
    Gollum has Schizophrenia

MANY MANY MORE !

Deleted
    How is it having Aspergers? i'm not saying that i have it but as someone that only had one friend through all my school years i'd like to know if i could have it. I can't make conversations with random people and i can only answer questions and i don't know why, am i just super insecure and shy or do i have personallity disorder like autism or asperger's?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Thing is with having labels, it is easier to work with the issue.

I function well. In most situations but it took me years to adapt.
    That's an upside to labels. A downside is that the wrong one means you're working on the wrong thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiz View Post
    How is it having Aspergers? i'm not saying that i have it but as someone that only had one friend through all my school years i'd like to know if i could have it. I can't make conversations with random people and i can only answer questions and i don't know why, am i just super insecure and shy or do i have personallity disorder like autism or asperger's?
    you should be asking a doctor/trained professional this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have nothing.
    I have NO allergies.
    I have a very high metabolism.
    I'm ideal weight.

Do I win?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafknight View Post
    Bilbo has OCD
    Gollum has Schizophrenia

MANY MANY MORE !
    Saruman has a superiority complex
    Aragorn had an inferiority complex
    Sauron has chronic glaucoma (lol)
    The orc general during the siege of Minas Tiereth had elephantitus.
    The steward of minas tiereth was just plain insane.

Anyone else care to add anything? ;D
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post
    I have nothing.
    I have NO allergies.
    I have a very high metabolism.
    I'm ideal weight.

Do I win?
    i have no allergies either.
    i also have a high metabolism.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafknight View Post
    Bilbo has OCD
    Gollum has Schizophrenia

MANY MANY MORE !
    Orcs were evil and wanted to kill YOU, it's only natural that you defend yourself.

Elves were okay, what inferiority complex? I mean, as far as I know, they were the uber race of the good guys.

Well DUH, Gollum had the One Ring for like 400+ years. It corrupted him, that's a no brainer.

Pippin and Merry didn't have ADHD.
    What OCD does Bilbo have?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Thing is with having labels, it is easier to work with the issue.

I function well. In most situations but it took me years to adapt.
    Be warned though - your label might be mis-read when you may have something different, or even something more. I mean, they've already changed what the Asperger's label means just recently...

Most people I know who have "mental disorders" don't ask why they're "different"... they just focus on what works and what doesn't in their thinking, adapt and even use them to grow their character and their ideas/philosophies.

Also consider it might just be personality. Meyers-briggs has a lot of ideology behind that without making it out to be a "disorder" or disease.

It's only just RECENTLY being recognized, only recently are people with high functioning autism even getting diagnosed with autism. It's not the "new xxx" it's simply how things are.
    Ummm... No? Aspergers has been around for ages - 1944 specifically was when it was first classified. It's not something that's "recently" been discovered - just something that's recently been slapped onto seemingly everybody, just like Bi-Polar was a few years ago, and ADHD before that.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2013-01-10 at 01:25 AM.

Sounds a lot like aspergers, simply get an appointment somewhere

Deleted
    Trust me, you're better off to ask a real doctor this than here.

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Orcs were evil and wanted to kill YOU, it's only natural that you defend yourself.

Elves were okay, what inferiority complex? I mean, as far as I know, they were the uber race of the good guys.

Well DUH, Gollum had the One Ring for like 400+ years. It corrupted him, that's a no brainer.

Pippin and Merry didn't have ADHD.
    What OCD does Bilbo have?
    /twiddles fingers

/adjusts monocle

The Elves, my boy, are clearly having a deep rooted inferiority complex - this is what clearly drives them to display themselves as - as you so quaintly put it - "uber".
    I would guarantee if one would look deeper into Elven heritage one could find a societal disfunction involving them having to overcome a far superior race, and thus aquiring their "attitude" as some might call it, as a defensive mechanism for a fear of loosing said superiority and, thusly, self control.

...Gollum, on the other hand, has a very complicated past history... we have a term for this condition - it's called "Batshit looney-tunes". ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    All this talk about burgers is making me hungry.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Trust me, you're better off to ask a real doctor this than here.
    You men a psychyatrist not a doctor. Doctors will be incorrect.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    no one gives a fuck what you have stop trying to turn things into competition this is like when you tell someone your problems and they try to one up you. there's seriously no reason to post this.

Deleted
    social anxiety doesn't automatically mean you have aspergers but you can always go see a psychiatrist
    not like that will change anything but at least you will know

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    /twiddles fingers

/adjusts monocle

The Elves, my boy, are clearly having a deep rooted inferiority complex - this is what clearly drives them to display themselves as - as you so quaintly put it - "uber".
    I would guarantee if one would look deeper into Elven heritage one could find a societal disfunction involving them having to overcome a far superior race, and thus aquiring their "attitude" as some might call it, as a defensive mechanism for a fear of loosing said superiority and, thusly, self control.

...Gollum, on the other hand, has a very complicated past history... we have a term for this condition - it's called "Batshit looney-tunes". ^_^
    Elves are just leet and that's it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Visit a psychiatrist if you're curious. It really doesn't change much knowing you have it, it just provides a somewhat more specific description of who you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Elves are just leet and that's it!
    not to mention they're dreamy.

Deleted
    Thread has been derailing since the start and some "bad" posts here and there, so I'm just going to close this now.

Also, if you have a condition, visiting a doctor/psychiatrist would be better.