Suggest to me a Final Fantasy game!

Well here's the deal, 30 year old gamer and I have NEVER played a single Final Fantasy game. I think it's about time. So MMO community which one should I play?

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends how much you care about graphics i guess. I love them all but particularly love 8. Also there is a final fantasy 10 hd version coming out eventually so you might want to wait for that. Also expect a lot of hate for the recent ones, i like 12 & 13 but a lot of people dont.

Graphics don't matter at all. I've seen my brother play the newest one I THINK and it didn't look like the ones I remember from my youth.

I would personally start with 4 (2 in the states) or 6 (3 in the states). Move on from there once you've realized what fun you've been missing out on all these years.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

I would say start with FF9, the art style and story are a good intro to the series.

Then try FF10, good graphics and likeable characters.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    I had the same question as you a while ago, tried FFVII, but couldn't get very far due to how much the graphics bothered me (yes, I know, I am an -insert expletive here-). So I tried FFX, and I have to say I really, really liked it. It's not even the most popular of the series, so when I do get around to playing the others, I'm sure I'll enjoy them.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    All the snes ones (IV, V, VI) or IX tbh, all amazing game that also aged fairly well compared to the earlier titles on PS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

Do not start with anything other than VI imo, it is widely regarded by the majority of FF fans (VII fan boys aside) as the best FF.

Deleted
    I think 8 is a good mix from moderate graphics, great story and FF-feeling. Furthermore it got Triple Triad, a reallly great ingame-game that is pretty known among FF-fans.

FF 7, 8 and 9 are the best ones in my opinion, specially ff8 the card game alone is the most addicting thing ever.

VII's graphics bother me more then the 16 bit ones tbh, something about those orginal 3d graphic games just don't do it for me although I loved the game at the time. I personally love the SNES days of final fantasy. So Final Fantasy II (SNES, IV in reality) and Final Fantasy III (SNES, VI). I also was a really big fan of Final Fantasy V which wasn't released in the states from what I remember but it can be found. I guess I just love SNES jRBGs.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Final Fantasy 8 is by far the Best of the Brand.

Best Story. Best Twists. Best Combat/Stat System. Best Soundtrack.

It only just edges out FFX for me as the best Final Fantasy. Though FFX is extremely amazing aswell though since it is a PS2 game is much harder to get hold of since the earlier Final Fantasy games have been released on PSN and remakes on Nintendo DS and such.

Final Fantasy 9 is also quite awesome.

I don't suggest FFVII/12/13 though. Borefests.

10+ Year Old Account