Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

[Rogue] 16446 Changes

Talents
    Burst of Speed Increases movement speed by 70% for 4 sec and removes any movement-impairing effects. Increases movement speed by 70% for 4 sec and removes any movement-slowing effects. Does not break stealth. 50 30 Energy.
    Cloak and Dagger (New) Your Ambush, Garrote, and Cheap Shot abilities can now be used from 30 yards away, and will cause you to appear behind your target.

Combat
    Blade Flurry While active, your attacks strike an additional nearby opponent up to 4 additional nearby opponents for 25% of normal damage, but Energy regeneration is reduced by 20%.

Subtlety

Sanguinary Vein
    Increases the damage of your Rupture ability by 50% and causes you to deal 16% 20% additional damage to targets afflicted by your Rupture, Garrote, or Crimson Tempest.

I think this blade flurry change is interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    So rogues no longer gets a +70% DPS boost on 2boss/adds fight :P
    Blade Furry is going to be fun vs AoE packs tho. Numbers everywhere ^^

It'll be good for those leper gnomes in the brawlers guild. xD

The Blade Flurry change I guess gives combat rogues a reason not to respec for aoe fights, as long as the number of targets are low? I doubt it will compare to ele or fire. Not the direction I would have gone, but it's something. Blade Flurry should not be fucked with IMO.

So confused bout whether we getting Hit & Run or Cloak & Dagger as a new talent. Could this mean we getting both and having Shadowstep baseline???

Deleted
    Good change with blade flurry. Been long overdue. The cata version of blade flurry should never have been implemented in the game in the first place.

Deleted
    bah put blade flurry back to the way it was in wrath. 2 min cooldown, 15 second duration with a little haste boost thrown ontop. Was great burst when used correctly and not some stupid 'i win at cleaves' button.

Deleted
    Liking these sub buffs...

Quote Originally Posted by Xeast View Post
    This. i might legit start playing sub....

15+ Year Old Account
    Sooo Blade Flurry is still crap in multiple target AoE since you're still only doing 100% additional damage, except now you have to have at least 5 mobs to hit.

energy regen should decrease to 10-15% and not 20% but its okay they way it looks now
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

It shouldn't reduce energy regen at all anymore...

Well, there's already plenty of times when you have 5 mobs, and blade flurry is pretty mediocre on live compared to what other specs (of rogues and others) have to offer in such a situation. I think it needs to have a better aoe mechanic than "tiny cone" if it's going to be redesigned, and with some number of mobs it needs to exceed 100% damage. But, whatever. They are really hurting that move, lotta hate directed there. 25% is just too goddamned low.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Well, there's already plenty of times when you have 5 mobs, and blade flurry is pretty mediocre on live compared to what other specs (of rogues and others) have to offer in such a situation. I think it needs to have a better aoe mechanic than "tiny cone" if it's going to be redesigned, and with some number of mobs it needs to exceed 100% damage. But, whatever. They are really hurting that move, lotta hate directed there. 25% is just too goddamned low.
    Exactly, as long as you have 5 mobs you're still doing the same exact damage you would be doing with the current Blade Flurry mechanic. The problem is that's not enough to put it on par with other classes AoE when you have that many targets. Even with this new adjustment it's still going to be complete and utter garbage.

So have it do 25% to as many targets that surround you. There isnt that many times where theres 5+ targets.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hoodrogue View Post
    So have it do 25% to as many targets that surround you. There isnt that many times where theres 5+ targets.
    Or have it scale to how many targets you have around you, like if you only have one extra target to hit it does 50% damage and slowly goes down with each extra target. With this nerf they're just straight up deleting our cleave ability.

Well, thats a buff to what it was but still garbage. Live BF was no where near the top on groups of 5 or more and this will be doing the exact same (so long as you maintain at least 5 anyway). And at that point, I think you'd still be forced into assassination to AE the 5+ mobs if it was actually important.

A step in the right direction, but there is a lot of work to do still.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whiners thought they could nerf ST obviously blizzard think It's fine thus no change so far, Maybe I should go back to my rogue :P

( No really go to the PTR forums; SOOOOO much whining about your ST attack )

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeast View Post
    I thought that was the current SV...
    Why is there no "Demonhunter" hero class yet? He was only the coolest hero in WC3. Get busy Blizzard.