Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Evi1Toad View Post
    I thought that was the current SV...
    It was originally when MOP came out and then nerfed to 16%. Basically just reverting their mistake hence no actual buffs for sub.

Deleted
    so it starts again... new PTR build and we get only 1 real change (which is questionable) and a couple of wording/tooltip changes? <.<

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegirl91 View Post
    so it starts again... new PTR build and we get only 1 real change (which is questionable) and a couple of wording/tooltip changes? <.<
    As a good entertainment critic once screamed while waving his finger around in a circle:
    LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLET'S GET READY FOR LETDOOOOOOOOOOOOOWN!
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegirl91 View Post
    Would you have preferred having stuff nerfed like ST? Haha

Are combat still getting that 5% buff to single target dmg? I can't see it anywhere, and was hoping it wouldn't be put in. On single target fights this is the closest I have seen assassin and combat in a long time.

Or was it already put in, oh god I am so confused.
    Last edited by Shiravan; 2013-01-10 at 03:54 AM.

They really need to remove the energy reduction. I hate it, it's such an awful feeling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, apparently RIP Hit and Run?
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    afaik Hit & Run was never announced, it was simply data mined, pre-ptr somehow. Likely it was just something they were thinking of, and the ranged openers won out internally.

Hit and Run has been datamined and not i n the patch notes; also i recall a Twitter from devs in which the ability was described as "clunky" and very likely scrapped.

And i agree with that - while it looked fun, actually the use of it would make eyes bleed (click button, stay still and get raped while you search for perfect spot to place it, trololol).

As for the rest, more aoe for combat stripping away the niche of cleaving it had. Basically, if the single target isn't on par with other specs, i see it being abandoned for the ones that do the MIGHTY MORE DAMAGE ON SIMULATIONCRAFT.

We have a lot of classes doing better aoe (and assassination aswell coupled with a someway decent rupture cleave). I'd focus on single target and let others do the aoe - padding meters is useless in a raid fight.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

That's a shame, Hit & Run looked like a lot of fun in pvp especially for wsg and twin peaks. I hope they keep working on it and bring it back in the future coz it gives out more of that rogue flavor we're missing.

Personally, I would have preferred a heart strike like mechanic for blade flurry: 50% on first target, 25% on second, no third target, though.

The other thing I'd prefer for blade flurry is instead of reducing the energy regeneration while active, reduce physical damage done by say 10% then. That way your rotation isn't stalled, it doesn't "feel" like you're being crippled, yet there is a definite cost to having it turned on and a definite reason to have blade flurry off if there isn't a second target.

I think the latest PTR version of Blade Flurry is pretty good, but they should make it baseline for all specs and create something new for combat to make it more unique.

Does anyone else feel like Cloak and Dagger really won't be used over ShS?

-Garrote/Ambush (req. stealth) so only triggers the effect in stealth or dance. Dance is big on lockup and burst...so how is this useful when you really only dance when you're sure your target is rooted, immobolized, slowed, stunned etc. to get the most damage outta the duration of dance..You might use 1 CS to stun your target..or one garrote to silence.. but why would you pop dance before being ontop of your target anyway?
    -Kidney shot (req. cp and has a 20 sec cd) so great for stunning far away targets but yet if you don't want to KS at that moment..what do you use?

-ShS however.. has no ability restrictions and is a quick gap closer on a 24 sec cd. Doesn't break stealth and can be used right before any choice of openers or even cc such as a quick sap. Correct me if i'm wrong but it just seems like the abilities used to trigger cloak and dagger are to restrictive for it to be picked up over ShS...

I would love to hear some ideas for cloak and dagger because to me it seems too restricting. Didn't expect it to share the ShS tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyndren View Post
    I would love to hear some ideas for cloak and dagger because to me it seems too restricting. Didn't expect it to share the ShS tier.
    I kinda like the idea of it breaking steath on the leap for pve. But in pve I dont see it being that great unless you're going to mass cheap shot people(and you can) but you can say step sap then open on someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    I kinda like the idea of it breaking steath on the leap for pve. But in pve I dont see it being that great unless you're going to mass cheap shot people(and you can) but you can say step sap then open on someone else.
    True but then you'd be wasting your burst w/ less ambushes. Also where does this leave this talent for Assassination or combat which both lack dance. So blizz is telling us this talent really is only most useful in one spec but yet its one of our talents on their "versatile" build design?

EDIT: I was under the impression this talent might be baseline which would've made slightly a bit more sense and less restricting because you still would have your mobility talent (ShS) and be able to use garrote/ambush + cloak and dagger to get a quick jump/opener and instead of using shadow step or sprint while stealthed.
    Last edited by BHOutbreak; 2013-01-10 at 09:24 AM.

True but then you'd be wasting your burst w/ less ambushes. Also where does this leave this talent for Assassination or combat which both lack dance. So blizz is telling us this talent really is only most useful in one spec but yet its one of our talents on their "versatile" build design?
    Yeah, But if a team shitting on you and they're all spread out, It's gonna be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    Yeah, But if a team shitting on you and they're all spread out, It's gonna be nice
    But i mean you could always counter that with redirect kidneys or even dirty tricks gouges.. or both. Idk i just feel like this talent definitely needs some reworking if its going to take up a slot on a tier.

But i mean you could always counter that with redirect kidneys or even dirty tricks gouges.. or both. Idk i just feel like this talent definitely needs some reworking if its going to take up a slot on a tier.

Yeah, For easy CC for starters it might be nice

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you guys not get a chance to play with hit-and-run in the earlier PTR? It wasn't just datamined, it was a blast. Seriously it was the most fun they've given a rogue this entire xpac, which mind you doesn't really say alot, but it was unique and interesting. Now we just have a shadow-stun-step thing in its place for which I'm not very pleased.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Did you guys not get a chance to play with hit-and-run in the earlier PTR? It wasn't just datamined, it was a blast. Seriously it was the most fun they've given a rogue this entire xpac, which mind you doesn't really say alot, but it was unique and interesting. Now we just have a shadow-stun-step thing in its place for which I'm not very pleased.
    I didn't really like hit and run when I played around with it. Maybe for a quickie burst on someone then port back not to get shit on, Maybe but purely from pve standpoint, I didn't care for it