Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    They've been modified, and only seem to store 1/3rd hp now, and the bloom is split among everyone it hits. Also, you now see a 'Wild Mushroom: Bloom!' buff pop up once they're fully proc'd, and the bloom icon glows.
    The fact that it is split amongst all people in the radius is a bit of a shame for 25 encounters like feng with a lot of stacking and spikey damage. Still a great instant heal but based on my hp i would be healing everyone for 17k during stacks (just an approximation). Further to this I wonder how long it would take in this encounter to fully charge a set of shrooms without purposely overhealing.

    This will still be very potent for the 10 man environment though.

  2. #122
    Zookeeper Sunfyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sunfyre's Nest
    Posts
    1,764
    It's 33% of your hp split across everyone it hits, how is that so incredibly broken?

    Sunfyre | Blog | Twitter

  3. #123
    People in thread have pretty much covered what I feel about the new changes; it's better than current shrooms but are still the clunkiest heal out of all the classes to execute.

    Sidenote: Has anyone on the PTR done Tsulong yet? Kind of curious if Mushrooms planted before Sun Breath will benefit from the bonus healing from Sun Breath. If not, wonder if it's worth wasting a Sun Breath to plant 3 mushrooms then bloom the next breath.

  4. #124
    They should. Detonate also resolves all effects when it is triggered.

    In a 25 man where everyone is stacked up, everybody gets healed for 4% of your health. That's somewhere around 16-18k. From three fully grown shrooms, mind you.

    It's powerfull on single targets, but Blizz can limit that if necessary. On multitarget, it quickly loses its oomph.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Lleaff View Post
    The fact that it is split amongst all people in the radius is a bit of a shame for 25 encounters like feng with a lot of stacking and spikey damage. Still a great instant heal but based on my hp i would be healing everyone for 17k during stacks (just an approximation). Further to this I wonder how long it would take in this encounter to fully charge a set of shrooms without purposely overhealing.

    This will still be very potent for the 10 man environment though.
    If the charged heal is split amongst all people in the radius, i.e. heals for 133K(for each shroom) if 1 person in radius, heals 33K each for 4 people in the radius,
    then the change is really good as it would be useful even if the raid is spread out.
    In 25 encounters like feng being able to heal for 600K every 10 seconds at the cost of 3 rejvu and the bloom it's still decent in terms of HPM and HPET.

    Hope someone could confirm that the shrooms heal for 100%hp even if only 1 person in radius.

  6. #126
    They do. In fact, they actually heal for more than that since they still benefit from Mastery and have a base value.

    Keep in mind that this might still change, though.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    It's 33% of your hp split across everyone it hits, how is that so incredibly broken?
    It's 33% of your hp per shroom. 400k burst on a bunch of people for 6k mana that charges up from overhealing you have anyway is definitely not broken. Check how much healing Tranq does per cast, you will get a rough idea why Shrooms in their current state will be nerfed in one way or the other.

    You can even not charge them up fully and blow up on cooldown while planting new ones straight after. HPM is just way through the roof.
    Tortie - Night Elf Druid - The Maelstrom EU

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They should. Detonate also resolves all effects when it is triggered.
    Nice, that should add at least 10k hps for that fight.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Torty View Post
    It's 33% of your hp per shroom. 400k burst on a bunch of people for 6k mana that charges up from overhealing you have anyway is definitely not broken. Check how much healing Tranq does per cast, you will get a rough idea why Shrooms in their current state will be nerfed in one way or the other.

    You can even not charge them up fully and blow up on cooldown while planting new ones straight after. HPM is just way through the roof.
    Those 400k are the total healing that is split across all targets. Tranq would be close to twice that.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Torty View Post
    It's 33% of your hp per shroom. 400k burst on a bunch of people for 6k mana that charges up from overhealing you have anyway is definitely not broken. Check how much healing Tranq does per cast, you will get a rough idea why Shrooms in their current state will be nerfed in one way or the other.

    You can even not charge them up fully and blow up on cooldown while planting new ones straight after. HPM is just way through the roof.
    But the charge up part comes from rejuv overheal which cost mana.
    So the HPM of the charge up part is about the HPM of rejuv.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Those 400k are the total healing that is split across all targets. Tranq would be close to twice that.
    Tranq is actually 3-4x of shrooms, but it requires channel, costs 2.7x more and has 3 min cd. You can also fire both shrooms and tranq at same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by insanedruid View Post
    But the charge up part comes from rejuv overheal which cost mana.
    So the HPM of the charge up part is about the HPM of rejuv.
    Rejuv has around 30% overhealing already. You don't need to do anything extra, they will charge on their own no matter what you do. Also, you don't really need fully charged shrooms, because even at the moment they are extremely mana efficient.

    Just check them in upcomming PTR raid tests. I'm expecting at least 10k hps increase from all changes on heavy damage encounters, probably around 15-20k if you play good with SotF/Shrooms.
    Tortie - Night Elf Druid - The Maelstrom EU

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Torty View Post
    Tranq is actually 3-4x of shrooms, but it requires channel, costs 2.7x more and has 3 min cd. You can also fire both shrooms and tranq at same time.

    Rejuv has around 30% overhealing already. You don't need to do anything extra, they will charge on their own no matter what you do. Also, you don't really need fully charged shrooms, because even at the moment they are extremely mana efficient.

    Just check them in upcomming PTR raid tests. I'm expecting at least 10k hps increase from all changes on heavy damage encounters, probably around 15-20k if you play good with SotF/Shrooms.
    But your rejuv does cost mana. It's not like 400K heal for 6000ish mana.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by insanedruid View Post
    But your rejuv does cost mana. It's not like 400K heal for 6000ish mana.
    I think the point being made was that since these mushrooms will charge without a single change in your play style, they're effectively free, since you're not doing anything different to what you would have been anyway. So for 6000 more mana, you get a 400k heal.

    Imagine you go to buy a car for £15,000, and then the dealer or company says, we can give you this addon to your car, say leather seats, for an extra £500. Would the leather seats cost £500, or cost £500 + "the cost of the car" = £15,500. Most people would think that the claim that the leather seats cost £15,500 was an unusual or odd way to think about their cost, given that you're already spending the £15,000 anyway.

    You're spending the mana on rejuvenation anyway. For 6000 more mana, you can have this 400k heal. How much does the extra heal cost?
    Last edited by Themessiah; 2013-01-11 at 03:17 PM.

  14. #134
    - The problem i have with my druid while being in a raid is that whenever i put an hot on someone that is damaged, but not enough to require a direct heal, another class like shaman or paladin fills the player HP and my hot goes wastd
    - Having a Spongebob mushroom that absorb that wasted healing is nice, but i don't have the assurance that this absorbed healing will be used because the raid might never drop enough to justify the bloom or could possibly not be where i have originally placed the mushrooms

    My suggestion for this problems:
    - Making the bloom AoE bigger is not the solution, the mushrooms are big enough already
    - Since we would not be able to reposition the mushrooms if they are in a spot where the raid can't be when we need to detonate them i think the over healing done should be a stackable buff on the druid and we can use 33%, 66%, 100% of that value based on how many mushrooms we drop down.
    - The other problem is that there's no guarantee that the msuhrooms won't be overhealing too, if the above modification is applied then, yes we can use just 33% of the overhealing usable and bloom just one mushroom.
    But the ideal solution for me would be to give something druids always lacked, absorbs.
    I'd really love if the mushrooms healed the target and the overhealing done instead of being converted into extra healing could be converted in an absorption shield.

  15. #135
    I'm not exactly following how a shroom powered up by 33% of your max hp and then having that healing split among targets is overpowered at all. Let's say you have 450k hp, what you'll get then is 150k per mushroom approximately which is a 450k heal for all 3 mushrooms.

    In a 25-man stacked scenario now split that by 25 ppl and you'll get an 18k heal per target for all 3 mushrooms. This is hardly overpowered and actually makes mushrooms worth using instead of the current iteration which is almost worthless. On ptr currently the split isn't working which is why everyone screams "OMG OP NERF NOW!" and you see shrooms healing for 1 million and more.

    For priests for example divine star heals for about the same on a fully stacked 25-man on a 15 sec cd yet none complains about it being op.

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Themessiah View Post
    I think the point being made was that since these mushrooms will charge without a single change in your play style, they're effectively free, since you're not doing anything different to what you would have been anyway. So for 6000 more mana, you get a 400k heal.

    Imagine you go to buy a car for £15,000, and then the dealer or company says, we can give you this addon to your car, say leather seats, for an extra £500. Would the leather seats cost £500, or cost £500 + "the total cost of the car" = £15,500. Most people would think that the claim that the leather seats cost £15,500 was an unusual or odd way to think about their cost, given that you're already spending the £15,000 anyway.

    You're spending the mana on rejuvenation anyway. For 6000 more mana, you can have this 400k heal. How much does the extra heal cost?
    You are right in some way.
    But if you want to analyze the HPM, you won't treat it as free.

  17. #137
    What i see is not a way to "fix" our current mechanism but a way to compliment us in something i still think could be much simplier in my opinion . There have been 20 pages topic in blizz's forums with suggestion of how to fix our healing issues currently . Also one of the issues with mushrooms was the crap placement which is still an issue. From what i read it seems mushrooms get a way to be useful but i dont see our class receiving an improvement; Two heals will become no existant again (healing touch esp with changes to cenarion ward and nourish) and what we get is "spam you rejuv , overheal and you will get an aoe heal based on that" is that the solution to our current state??
    I am sorry but i fail to see a solution. I will try ptr in the next few days to see about how exactly the changes work out.

    At least i finally see blizzard working on our class which is better than the silence of recent months.

  18. #138
    I can't say I have a strong opinion on this implementation at the moment, other than that it's pretty fascinating. The one thing I find pretty odd is giving us a spell that has its max scaling determined by our health pool rather than any actual caster stats.

  19. #139
    Sounds great but would it be overpowered to be able to re position them after they are fully buffed?

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by halfawake View Post
    Sounds great but would it be overpowered to be able to re position them after they are fully buffed?
    I don't know that it'd be overpowered, but it'd drop the skill cap for using them correctly by quite a lot, and I don't think that's a good goal here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •