Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

[Resto] Overhealing Shrooms

Restoration: Grow magical mushrooms with 5 health at the target location. After 6 sec, the mushrooms will become invisible. The mushrooms grow larger as they accumulate healing power from 75% of overhealing done by your Rejuvenation, up to a maximum of 100% of your health in bonus healing.
    Here is blizzard's feedback about the spell:
    We’re still iterating on this design for Wild Mushrooms. Currently, they each absorb 25% overheal, up to a max of 33% of the Druid’s max health (total of 75% / 100% with 3 Mushrooms out). This max size isn’t working in build 16446, but we hope to hotfix that soon. Upon blooming, their accumulated healing is split over the targets they heal. Several parts of this aren’t yet working in build 16446, leading them to be massively overpowered (which we also hope to hotfix soon). Feedback, especially in future builds, is appreciated.
    What you guys think of it? I think it sounds pretty awesome, druids seem to have a high overhealing(maybe if not used wisely) and this will somewhat help us. The only problem I have is if you rejuv is already overhealing why would you need this anyways?

I do not druid hea; that much( I do in lfr and random pvp times) but it seems pretty cool to give them a better use. Now just fix the shrooms for boomkins...
    Last edited by apepi; 2013-01-11 at 08:45 AM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

My assumption is that say if we put them down at the start of the fight, whilst doing our normal shit they will grow to say hypothetically the maximum, which is a 100% of our health, in my case 400k ish buffed, so when detonated they will heal for 400% of the normal value? Will allow for some good aoe on demand burst healing, but obviously placement will be key.

If this is how they'll end up, I must say I like it. Well then again anything can be better than they are now, but makes them more attractive whilst also helping out in an area we're lacking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Without knowing much more than the tool-tip, I have a feeling it is going to be pretty damn good.
    Still shrooms should be placed on a target player instead of a location, and I think they could find other ways to make our hot's not over-heal for so much.

Instead these new shrooms, will encourage over-healing with rejuvenation, which is kinda odd.

Got the feeling they will change a lot during the PTR.

I think the idea isn't so much that they encourage overhealing, but that you drop them early, let the natural overhealing generated by a druid pile up, then detonate them.

I'm wondering about whether they imply current health without buffs, current health with raid buffs, current health with situational buffs (Luck of the Draw, for example), or base health only. Each of these will provide different values for the mushroom, some with ridiculously high amounts of bonus healing that are almost guaranteed to overheal. That being said, as the bloom is off the GCD anyway, it makes for a good panic button.

I'm worried about needing to intentionally overheal to get the benefits from this. Mana is tight enough, especially on heroic modes, that every heal is a deliberate attempt to keep overhealing as low as possible (including working with other heals to reduce the amount of hot sniping.) To have to worry about doing ineffective heals to power up a stationary burst heal (especially in high-mobility fights) might create problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    The idea might not be to encourage it, but if shrooms turn out to be pretty good. Then obviously you would want to over-heal, so you could benefit from the increased effect. Over-healing will always occur from our hots naturally, but to intentionally want to do so just to use a spell is kinda weird.

Can't be any worse than the current ones for sure, and it's nice to see them trying to come up with something different.

If you look at them as a 1.5-2min cd, to allow for growth time you could essentially just heal as per normal and during times of large aoe damage treat them as nice little cd. Obviously can't imagine them be as effective as a major cd but treating them as something you can use 3-4 times per fight to allow for maximum growth on the shrooms, could be quite helpful coupled with other non major cd's. Maybe even coupled with our own Nature's Vigil might make them shine ever more, depending if they'll be effected by other buffs.

They are making them better than what they were before but i don't know about "overhealing don't matter" approach they have.

Quote Originally Posted by anzolix View Post
    They are making them better than what they were before but i don't know about "overhealing don't matter" approach they have.
    I think it's more, regardless of what happens it's very hard to keep overhealing on our hots to a minimum compare to more direct heal focus classes, so why not compensate us for it. I doubt if they go live as is, you'll be specifically looking to overhealing to grow them but more so be rewarded for the overheal you do do in a normal setting.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest i was hoping they would make them like some sort of shield like ability (think watershield), you cast it on yourself 3 times and then you could carry them anywhere u go and detonate them, would be great for pvp then but regardless of a buff, they will still be nearly useless in PVP in current state because of constant movement.

we'll have to wait and see...
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

The problem is that it doesn't solve the core problem of Mushrooms, which is that they're shit on movement heavy fights. Using this and giving us something akin to Totemic Projection might make them better, but as they stand I still don't like them.

I just healed all the 100 monks on the training dummies for 350,000 healing each on a bloom that charged in under a minute o.o

Uncapped AoE healing...what could possibly go wrong.

I see this being used to trivialize a lot of mechanics. An instant AoE LoH just sounds entirely broken.

Quote Originally Posted by mighteatyou View Post
    I just healed all the 100 monks on the training dummies for 350,000 healing each on a bloom that charged in under a minute o.o
    But obviously you just solely tried to max them in that time, in a normal situation you wouldn't have 100% overheal. Still interesting to see the numbers none the less, will be a lot more interesting to see how it pans out in a proper fight. As in a normal situation it may take 5-6 minutes to be at max potential, unless you actively seek to overheal and in turn mana issues.

Quote Originally Posted by mighteatyou View Post
    Wow. I assumed the healing was divided among targets. In fact, I still assume that by the time it goes live, it will be. No way in hell Blizzard gives us THAT much burst AOE healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Abysal View Post
    Wow. I assumed the healing was divided among targets. In fact, I still assume that by the time it goes live, it will be. No way in hell Blizzard gives us THAT much burst AOE healing.
    But we need more burst!

On a serious note it'll be nerfed.

They heal for a million total with pvp gear.. Considering its an aoe heal and making it heal for a million takes a couple seconds its pretty OP. I like the idea tho.

i don't like the mushroom mechanic. it was fine when they were weak and not really required. i hope they aren't so strong that i need to use them to be effective

Does it really need to be nerfed? Think about it: Either it will take several minutes (I'd assume a minimum of 3) for it to heal that much (and if it takes several minutes, then it's no different than a raid CD for a big burst ability), or you'll use it well before its max healing potential and get a small-ish but useful burst heal. In either case, its overall hps is not going to be huge, but it's burst healing potential will be.

The alternative, that it's divided, but still takes several minutes to get to max would make it pretty week. For example, if it takes 3 minutes for it to heal 400k, then divided among 10 people, that's 40k each. 40k is crazy weak for 3 minutes of buildup.

Quote Originally Posted by Gags View Post
    But obviously you just solely tried to max them in that time, in a normal situation you wouldn't have 100% overheal. Still interesting to see the numbers none the less, will be a lot more interesting to see how it pans out in a proper fight. As in a normal situation it may take 5-6 minutes to be at max potential, unless you actively seek to overheal and in turn mana issues.
    Anything above 5 minutes means you can't get there, as shrooms only last 5. Still, this is something that definitely needs testing in actual combat. What you can do when everybody has full health anyway is rather irrelevant.