Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    If that's confirmed, that's more or less what I was thinking.
    Guessing the first part of that is right, but I think Lei'shen comes later, after the titans leave.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder if it's a Titan or a Watcher; it could be the Titan that fell fighting C'thun / Y'rsaarj (it's not really clear whether Blizz retconned this) - in either case it's very interesting to see a model named 'captured titan.'

Whatever it is, it kinda looks like it might have a case of 'Curse of Flesh.'

If you consider that according to lore a Titan fell fighting one of these beings: why haven't we seen this titan, or at the very least his remains while scouting modern Azeroth. Would actually bet on it being him.
    Last edited by Berri; 2013-01-10 at 02:04 PM.

Deleted
    Pretty sure the Titan isn't Tyr, as it was mentioned that he was probably General Vezax.

He could be Golganneth, though that would be insanely powerful for a boss in this tier. Could be Ra'den, but eh, dubious.

It looks like the flesh was removed in certain areas of the Titans body, which explains how the bell was made from the flesh of the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    Pretty sure the Titan isn't Tyr, as it was mentioned that he was probably General Vezax.

He could be Golganneth, though that would be insanely powerful for a boss in this tier. Could be Ra'den, but eh, dubious.
    Wait, Tyr was supposed to be Vezax? Errr, wat? Can you explain this? I'm pretty new to lore and really digging learning more about this, but I'd never heard this before.

Also, agree with the "missing flesh was used to make the bell" sentiments going around. Really doubt this is a true titan, but rather what the Mogu viewed as "god" (and which Lei Shin apparently owned), simply because they did not/could not comprehend there being MORE powerful beings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Wait, Tyr was supposed to be Vezax? Errr, wat? Can you explain this? I'm pretty new to lore and really digging learning more about this, but I'd never heard this before.

Also, agree with the "missing flesh was used to make the bell" sentiments going around. Really doubt this is a true titan, but rather what the Mogu viewed as "god" (and which Lei Shin apparently owned), simply because they did not/could not comprehend there being MORE powerful beings.
    It was a theory made when Ulduar was launched, that Tyr had somehow mutated into General Vezax due to Yogg-Sarons influence.

I believe Blizzard themselves later disproved it by saying Tyr was not in Ulduar then Yogg was defeated, so Vezax couldnt have been him.

And yeah I highly doubt this "Captured Titan"/Ra-Den is Tyr. What happened to Tyr's hand if thats the case? According to wowpedia he "sacrificed his right hand in the fight against an unimagineable evil" (which I assume means the Old Gods). Tyr should have a silver right hand, the model doesnt.

Deleted
    Its not The titan Tyr, because Tyr is missing his right hand.

So far it's Ra-den. Whatever more he can be, we don't know. Also straight from the PTR: http://imgur.com/GgIKJ

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    Its not The titan Tyr, because Tyr is missing his right hand.
    He's not actually missing his right hand, he has a silver hand with a closed fist in it's place, which indeed this model has not.
    However, back in Cata, when they released the Queen Azshara model, she also had a lot of mistakes that were fixed after, it is also possible that he is indeed Tyr but whoever was in charge of the model is not up to date with lore and will fix after.

However he is, nice to see a nice lore discussion on an expansion that many said made no sense and whose bosses were irrelevant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumble View Post
    It was a theory made when Ulduar was launched, that Tyr had somehow mutated into General Vezax due to Yogg-Sarons influence.

I believe Blizzard themselves later disproved it by saying Tyr was not in Ulduar then Yogg was defeated, so Vezax couldnt have been him.

And yeah I highly doubt this "Captured Titan"/Ra-Den is Tyr. What happened to Tyr's hand if thats the case? According to wowpedia he "sacrificed his right hand in the fight against an unimagineable evil" (which I assume means the Old Gods). Tyr should have a silver right hand, the model doesnt.
    Someone said that indeed Tyr was not present when Yogg fell because he was already dead by the time we got to Yogg.

I'm not so certain Lei Shen defeated him in battle. Any kind of strange deal could have been struck.

Makes no sense for the HEROIC ONLY endboss to be weaker, lore-wise, than the standard boss. Though lore-wise I suppose the same was true for Algalon/Yogg-Saron. Though we only fought a minute fraction of Yogg-Saron's true power.

I think his model is ridiculously underwhelming coming from some of the other models (Lei Shen's, notably) but I guess their hands were tied somewhat given previous representations of watchers.

Deleted
    A cookpot Pet!
    Allways wanted one!

Quote Originally Posted by ThePlanckEnergy View Post
    I'm not so certain Lei Shen defeated him in battle. Any kind of strange deal could have been struck.

Makes no sense for the HEROIC ONLY endboss to be weaker, lore-wise, than the standard boss. Though lore-wise I suppose the same was true for Algalon/Yogg-Saron. Though we only fought a minute fraction of Yogg-Saron's true power.

I think his model is ridiculously underwhelming coming from some of the other models (Lei Shen's, notably) but I guess their hands were tied somewhat given previous representations of watchers.
    Am i the only one who thinks that his model is really bad-ass?

Quote Originally Posted by Dravelar View Post
    Am i the only one who thinks that his model is really bad-ass?
    I think so too. It's not overdone and is about right.

Damit I tought we gonna be friend with this Captured Titan

Deleted
    So can we assume now that updated troll models are done and more are coming?

I have to say that the Ra-Den model is pretty much what many of us were expecting. Only question left is, why we fight him. Perhaps he has gone mad over the years or is simply pretty pissed at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    So can we assume now that updated troll models are done and more are coming?
    A GM said that´s really unlikely how the playable trolls will look like, at least, in these case...

here the link: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...el-is-awesome/

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 11:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Keoren View Post
    I have to say that the Ra-Den model is pretty much what many of us were expecting. Only question left is, why we fight him. Perhaps he has gone mad over the years or is simply pretty pissed at this point.
    Maybe he´s being controlled and he free him or something

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    A GM said that´s really unlikely how the playable trolls will look like, at least, in these case...

here the link: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...el-is-awesome/[COLOR="red"]
    Damn. But that's just weird. Why would they look so much different from other trolls?

Quote Originally Posted by Eskobar View Post
    He's not actually missing his right hand, he has a silver hand with a closed fist in it's place, which indeed this model has not.
    However, back in Cata, when they released the Queen Azshara model, she also had a lot of mistakes that were fixed after, it is also possible that he is indeed Tyr but whoever was in charge of the model is not up to date with lore and will fix after.

However he is, nice to see a nice lore discussion on an expansion that many said made no sense and whose bosses were irrelevant.
    That's a pretty big thing to forget, considering this is the Silver Hand that the paladin order is named after. Besides which, Ra-den apparently was assigned to guard the Engine of Nalak'sha, whereas Tyr was a jailor of Yogg Saron before he took up wandering.

Quote Originally Posted by Keoren View Post
    He got his heart torn out. There's little telling what effect that would have had on him. Thinking of the XT Deconstructor here, when we destroyed that thing's heart it went completely bughouse and got a drastic increase in strength. Being that XT was created by an entity that was itself created by a Titan, this might be an insight into exactly what function the "heart" of a Titanic construct, or even a Titan itself, is supposed to fulfill.
    Last edited by Drilnos; 2013-01-10 at 05:22 PM.