Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
LastLast
  1. #81
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,200
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Got this from Mech from his SoL thread



    And well the thread bellow this
    So he is a watcher, neat.

    And that's awesome to think that Lei Shen could defeat it.
    Unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

    If you dislike where WoW is headed in your mind, quit. Really. Sitting around complaining about "promises" that may or may not have been made isn't doing anything to help your cause. It's just making you look more and more like the constantly complaining and perpetually offended.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    We'll find out how. The Origins of the Mogu are in this patch. Maybe they were a rebellious sect of Titan constructions; the first to succumb to curse of Flesh?

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 05:07 AM ----------



    Watch him be a Night Elf...
    the mogu were the armies of the titans that fought against the old gods when they turned into flesh the leader of the mogu basically said "im teh boss nao rawr" and went and took out ra dens heart and ate it gaining his powers. they then carried out the titans wishes in the way they thought would be best
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  3. #83
    there is a loa-infused compy in the files but it is just a plain vanilla red raptor but with much higher res textures.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the mogu were the armies of the titans that fought against the old gods when they turned into flesh the leader of the mogu basically said "im teh boss nao rawr" and went and took out ra dens heart and ate it gaining his powers. They then carried out the titans wishes in the way they thought would be best
    If that's confirmed, that's more or less what I was thinking.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    If that's confirmed, that's more or less what I was thinking.
    its not final but thats what the datamined dungeon journal says
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  6. #86
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    If that's confirmed, that's more or less what I was thinking.
    Guessing the first part of that is right, but I think Lei'shen comes later, after the titans leave.
    Unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

    If you dislike where WoW is headed in your mind, quit. Really. Sitting around complaining about "promises" that may or may not have been made isn't doing anything to help your cause. It's just making you look more and more like the constantly complaining and perpetually offended.

  7. #87
    Wonder if it's a Titan or a Watcher; it could be the Titan that fell fighting C'thun / Y'rsaarj (it's not really clear whether Blizz retconned this) - in either case it's very interesting to see a model named 'captured titan.'

    Whatever it is, it kinda looks like it might have a case of 'Curse of Flesh.'

    If you consider that according to lore a Titan fell fighting one of these beings: why haven't we seen this titan, or at the very least his remains while scouting modern Azeroth. Would actually bet on it being him.
    Last edited by Berri; 2013-01-10 at 02:04 PM.

  8. #88
    Brewmaster Jess Day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Farmer Land UK; Prev Los Angeles, CA.
    Posts
    1,374
    Pretty sure the Titan isn't Tyr, as it was mentioned that he was probably General Vezax.

    He could be Golganneth, though that would be insanely powerful for a boss in this tier. Could be Ra'den, but eh, dubious.

  9. #89
    It looks like the flesh was removed in certain areas of the Titans body, which explains how the bell was made from the flesh of the Titans.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    Pretty sure the Titan isn't Tyr, as it was mentioned that he was probably General Vezax.

    He could be Golganneth, though that would be insanely powerful for a boss in this tier. Could be Ra'den, but eh, dubious.
    Wait, Tyr was supposed to be Vezax? Errr, wat? Can you explain this? I'm pretty new to lore and really digging learning more about this, but I'd never heard this before.

    Also, agree with the "missing flesh was used to make the bell" sentiments going around. Really doubt this is a true titan, but rather what the Mogu viewed as "god" (and which Lei Shin apparently owned), simply because they did not/could not comprehend there being MORE powerful beings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Wait, Tyr was supposed to be Vezax? Errr, wat? Can you explain this? I'm pretty new to lore and really digging learning more about this, but I'd never heard this before.

    Also, agree with the "missing flesh was used to make the bell" sentiments going around. Really doubt this is a true titan, but rather what the Mogu viewed as "god" (and which Lei Shin apparently owned), simply because they did not/could not comprehend there being MORE powerful beings.
    It was a theory made when Ulduar was launched, that Tyr had somehow mutated into General Vezax due to Yogg-Sarons influence.

    I believe Blizzard themselves later disproved it by saying Tyr was not in Ulduar then Yogg was defeated, so Vezax couldnt have been him.

    And yeah I highly doubt this "Captured Titan"/Ra-Den is Tyr. What happened to Tyr's hand if thats the case? According to wowpedia he "sacrificed his right hand in the fight against an unimagineable evil" (which I assume means the Old Gods). Tyr should have a silver right hand, the model doesnt.

  12. #92
    Its not The titan Tyr, because Tyr is missing his right hand.

  13. #93
    The Patient Photek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    A Coruña, Spain
    Posts
    316
    So far it's Ra-den. Whatever more he can be, we don't know. Also straight from the PTR: http://imgur.com/GgIKJ

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    Its not The titan Tyr, because Tyr is missing his right hand.
    He's not actually missing his right hand, he has a silver hand with a closed fist in it's place, which indeed this model has not.
    However, back in Cata, when they released the Queen Azshara model, she also had a lot of mistakes that were fixed after, it is also possible that he is indeed Tyr but whoever was in charge of the model is not up to date with lore and will fix after.

    However he is, nice to see a nice lore discussion on an expansion that many said made no sense and whose bosses were irrelevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevra View Post
    It's a #$^&*@ fantasy game. You're a blue space goat riding around on flying serpents killing dragons the size of continents. And you're wondering why a gryphon doesn't look like an eagle?

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumble View Post
    It was a theory made when Ulduar was launched, that Tyr had somehow mutated into General Vezax due to Yogg-Sarons influence.

    I believe Blizzard themselves later disproved it by saying Tyr was not in Ulduar then Yogg was defeated, so Vezax couldnt have been him.

    And yeah I highly doubt this "Captured Titan"/Ra-Den is Tyr. What happened to Tyr's hand if thats the case? According to wowpedia he "sacrificed his right hand in the fight against an unimagineable evil" (which I assume means the Old Gods). Tyr should have a silver right hand, the model doesnt.
    Someone said that indeed Tyr was not present when Yogg fell because he was already dead by the time we got to Yogg.

  16. #96
    I'm not so certain Lei Shen defeated him in battle. Any kind of strange deal could have been struck.

    Makes no sense for the HEROIC ONLY endboss to be weaker, lore-wise, than the standard boss. Though lore-wise I suppose the same was true for Algalon/Yogg-Saron. Though we only fought a minute fraction of Yogg-Saron's true power.

    I think his model is ridiculously underwhelming coming from some of the other models (Lei Shen's, notably) but I guess their hands were tied somewhat given previous representations of watchers.

  17. #97
    A cookpot Pet!
    Allways wanted one!

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlanckEnergy View Post
    I'm not so certain Lei Shen defeated him in battle. Any kind of strange deal could have been struck.

    Makes no sense for the HEROIC ONLY endboss to be weaker, lore-wise, than the standard boss. Though lore-wise I suppose the same was true for Algalon/Yogg-Saron. Though we only fought a minute fraction of Yogg-Saron's true power.

    I think his model is ridiculously underwhelming coming from some of the other models (Lei Shen's, notably) but I guess their hands were tied somewhat given previous representations of watchers.
    Am i the only one who thinks that his model is really bad-ass?

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravelar View Post
    Am i the only one who thinks that his model is really bad-ass?
    I think so too. It's not overdone and is about right.

  20. #100
    Damit I tought we gonna be friend with this Captured Titan
    http://www.adriacraft.net :: Adriatic Blizzard Community Fansite
    Twitter: @Stiven_SRB

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •