Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well since I don't see any new polygons, that would be a reskin and not a remodel.

But if they had changed any shapes, it would be a remodel.
    Putin khuliyo

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    ...you had to ask the question! >_<

Snip
    My brain is going to explode here <.<

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, these pictures never truly represent what they look like in game.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Well since I don't see any new polygons, that would be a reskin and not a remodel.

But if they had changed any shapes, it would be a remodel.
    The new bird definitely does have some new polygons.

First off, compare the heads of the two... especially the shape of the beak.

Secondly, compare the tips of the wings. The ravenlord has a model with protruding spikes that point downward, this new bird clearly does not and has claws pointing outwards.

Now...I'll be the first to say this bird doesn't have a LOT of new polygons! :P They're also clearly just editing the wings/head of the existing ravenlord.

I'd call it a "Cheap remodel" :P

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 03:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blockygame View Post
    To be honest, these pictures never truly represent what they look like in game.
    While that statement is pretty much bollocks, may I suggest watching the video then?

Yeah, that's def not a reskin, but the old one looks way better.

it's 100% a reskin. it's a new skin on an old model. i get the feeling most of you think reskin = recolor and that's NOT what a reskin is. you folks really haven't ever fucked around with 3ds or hell, even PS

but why in the hell do you folks get so goddamn offended when someone insinuates that blizzard didn't 100% come up with something new? it's sickening.

like it or not, agree with it or not, it's a reskin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I'd call it a "Cheap remodel" :P
    You know, I needed a second look at it. I guess it is a slight remodel.

Sometimes its hard to tell with the shaders and lighting.
    Putin khuliyo

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    You know, I needed a second look at it. I guess it is a slight remodel.
    Well whatever it is; It's the same mount just... slightly on fire haha this mount on the thread is a oversized giant Do-Do bird that's ugly.

imo

10+ Year Old Account
    ....well I like it

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    it's 100% a reskin. it's a new skin on an old model. i get the feeling most of you think reskin = recolor and that's NOT what a reskin is. you folks really haven't ever fucked around with 3ds or hell, even PS
    Ummm.... broad assumption there buddy, and wrong on my account. :P

As said above, check the head/beak and wings compared to the Ravenlord mount. The Raven Lord model clearly was adjusted... it did not just have a re-skin. It's just not very obvious unless you put the two side-by-side.

For those of us who actually do model work - Re-Skin = replacing the texture map. Re-model = adjusting the polygons mapped on top of the animation skeleton.

This bird was clearly adjusted via modelwork in some areas, and obviously via the texture map.

Perhaps you should spend some time with 3D studio pro and Photoshop. :P

All I know is I want one

but why in the hell do you folks get so goddamn offended when someone insinuates that blizzard didn't 100% come up with something new? it's sickening.

what do handheld gaming systems have to do with models O-O
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    what do handheld gaming systems have to do with models O-O
    PS = photoshop. 3ds = 3DS Max, a modelling suite.
    Putin khuliyo

Well, a recolor is a reskin by default, though a reskin is not necessarily a recolor. But this? No, that's definitely a modified model at least. The beak is completely different and it does not have any armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's so floofy. I want one!

hahaha, I got a kick out of the person who thought 3DS meant the thing from nintendo. I did a lot of stuff with architecture back in high school and 3d Studio Max was one of the main programs we had access to. Granted I didn't use it near as much as autocad R13, but still it was there. ^_^
    Last edited by zshikara; 2013-01-10 at 04:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

A recolor is actually a really good definition of what a "reskin" is.

It is a remodel, not a reskin, not a recolor.

There's one simple question you can ask yourself: is the model exactly the same?

If the answer is anything except for "yes," it's a remodel.

"but all they did was take a horse and stick a horn on its head!" Doesn't matter; remodel.
    "All they did was give it some armor plates!" Doesn't matter; remodel.
    "All they did was remove its plague-injector backpack!" Doesn't matter; remodel.

As for the flame talon of Alysrazor, you have to look at the raw models in the WoW model viewer.

First off, "Ravengod.m2" and "fireravengodmount.m2" are logged as seperate models. That'd be your first hint.

Second, here are some pictures:

The anzu we all know and love:

The raw model for the flametalon:

I'm sure I don't have to spell out the differences. I'm going to assume the projections added on are for the particle effects to work correctly; many of the firelands models with burning manes and wings have this characteristic. Moreover, the flametalon lacks the hanging baubles the Raven Lord has.

Final verdict: Flametalon was a remodel.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I hate when people call everything a reskin without knowing what the hell they are talking about. By your logic the original raven lord was a reskin of the basic raptor mount....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    I hate when people call everything a reskin without knowing what the hell they are talking about. By your logic the original raven lord was a reskin of the basic raptor mount....
    Thank God I'm not the only one that's noticed this.

You can sit a raven lord and Raptor next to one another and watch as they go through the exact same idle animations...
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Mount or not, it looks fluffy and I want one.

I want this one. It looks sweet