Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fumblz View Post
    Seeing these fixed again got me thinking...

What if blizzard did the same things to all the other places around the world, but players could kill the npcs and slow down the building and take supplies for their factions own use for rebuilding! Would last for a month or so and would give players a chance at world pvp again.
    Sounds incredibly fun, but I doubt they'd do it. If they're going to slowly rebuild/heal things that got destroyed in Cataclysm they'd need to phase everything. Wouldn't make sense if you're rerolling and everything is perfect again!

Tbh guys, I'd take the redridge workers over the westfall ones any day. Fixing 1 house has got to be easier than a bridge. Not to mention those poor sods got their precious buildings on fire for an expansion.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    Quite glad to see things getting updated. Orgrimmar gate looks amazing! =D

But yeah, hopefully we'll see the park getting turned into something again. It feels so hollow (no pun intended).

Now they can blow it up again and return it to the old Orgrimmar.

kthxbye

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be lying if I said I wasn't dissapointed with this. The pictures still show Stormwind has a massive hole in it which a little upsetting I must say tbh, why can't they just rebuild it into a Worgen district? Heck or even just another random Human district or just wall it off, it's involved in a quest that could easily just be phased. I would imagine Danath's statue is still gone?
    /sigh
    Here's to hope that this isn't the last SW update we will see by the end of the PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    I'd be lying if I said I wasn't dissapointed with this. The pictures still show Stormwind has a massive hole in it which a little upsetting I must say tbh, why can't they just rebuild it into a Worgen district.
    /sigh
    Here's to hope that this isn't the last SW update we will see by the end of the PTR.
    Could be but there's nothing saying you won't see more in 5.3 or 5.4.

Awesome!

I would lover quelthalas to get a simlar update same with exodar (showing both of them fully repair/rebuilt)

10+ Year Old Account
    Excellent, Orgrimmar will be done just in time for us to plow some steamtanks through it.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Finally, should have happened at the start of mop tough

Deleted
    Hell yeah, at last! I'm glad it finally happened, just the park to go now...

10+ Year Old Account
    Kosak's tweet about the Park has gotten under my skin.
    https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/288034816895643648
    So in other words the Park won't be repaired any time soon. Not something I wanted to hear. Sadly this has reignited some old pessmistic feelings.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-01-10 at 03:20 PM.

Deleted
    I hate how they made Stormwind look like Disneyland, with all the bright white stones. It should've been a gray and stormy coastal settlement, as the city name refers to!

Stupid Neuschwanstein castle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    well LAST guys they hired went on to try and start a rebellion.
    Well they weren't payed, so it was rather reasonable to make a scene ;P

I wonder when the park will be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    It was where Night Elves resided, Blizz doesn't care about that aspect of the story
    Not quite true they like to beat them down, if they try to get up again. ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose I'm left hoping that before MoP ends the Park will be replaced with a Worgen district with a small Night Elf population.
    Also Worgen love to run around in parks!

actually i like ogrimmar in unfinished state more, same with SW it got nice change from same theme in town, this new ones just look same like any other place in city now.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgesh View Post
    Wait..... what about the park?..
    I'm going to dig you a giant hole in the ground, fill it with water, take away the excess dirt, and tell you to fill it.

That is what repairing the park is. You'd have to take the dirt from somewhere else, likely westfall because it's the dumpster of the Alliance.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Kosak's tweet about the Park has gotten under my skin.
    https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/288034816895643648
    So in other words the Park won't be repaired any time soon. Not something I wanted to hear. Sadly this has reignited some old pessmistic feelings.
    I'd interpret it as he isn't sure whether or not they'll get to it this patch, but I think it's likely to be done before the expansion is finished. The mere fact they updated Stormwind at all shows that fixing the park is somewhere on their priority list.

I'm not surprised the front gate got priority. Despite endless discussion on the Park, the gate is still the first thing people see when they walk in the city and really had to be fixed for the city to not look like Deathwing came by yesterday.

There's also the question on what to do about the Park district. There wasn't a lot of discussion that needed to be done on the front gate (I'll summarize: "Fix it"), but the park is another matter. The land itself crumbled into the sea, so rebuilding it as it was before isn't an option. So do we build a different-looking park on a slope? Do we just wall off the place like it was never there? Do we build a platform out over the cliff? What should we put on said platform if we go that route?

These aren't insurmountable questions by any means, but it could explain why fixing the park will take a little longer then fixing the gate will.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, where is the new and improved park Blizzard. Better yet I would like to see an airship docking station thing at the side of the city to fill in that hole.

10+ Year Old Account
    The mages of the Kirin Tor could shrink Dalaran and park it in the hole the Park left! Then either make the underbelly tunnel connect to the cellar of the Slaughtered Lamb/The Keep/Cathedral or just straight into a wall of earth because mages can't steer.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

I am glad, but it is small things like this that should be done more frequently. If over the course of the expansion (Cataclysm) we saw this happen, slowly over time, it would've been much nicer, rather then an update almost 2 years on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    well LAST guys they hired went on to try and start a rebellion.
    Yeah, the king's royal cheque bounced.