Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Because I run Thrill of the Hunt, I cast more Arcane Shots than my Hunter buddy does, and less Cobra Shots.

Vizier -- BM, Dire Beast, other Hunter, 62 Arcane Shots, 58 Cobra Shots

Same fight as above -- Surv, Toth, Me, 75 Arcane Shots, 54 Cobra Shots

Random Hunter I saw with similar kill time -- Surv, Dire Beast, 23 Arcane Shots, 52 Cobra Shots

Comparing me and the random Hunter I saw, Yay! Talent differences!
    Changing my post again

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

your numbers are off in comparison to your links o0

t15 > t14, just because mroe stats.. easily..

think that hawk will scale, toth will get a little push & fuck up someones rotation, bad players will ask why they will do lower dps with toth and bm will math out if it will be better to cast cobra instead of arcanes if the hawk scale and could be active multipile at one target

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Okay okay, I did 53 Cobra Shots instead of 54. My bad bro. Miscounted. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    your numbers are off in comparison to your links o0

t15 > t14, just because mroe stats.. easily..

think that hawk will scale, toth will get a little push & fuck up someones rotation, bad players will ask why they will do lower dps with toth and bm will math out if it will be better to cast cobra instead of arcanes if the hawk scale and could be active multipile at one target
    It would be better just to do your normal rotation simply because with the 4 piece you get extra damage off of your arcane shots sometimes. With just the 2 piece? I don't know because we don't know how much damage it does and the proc rate, but it would be safe to assume they wouldn't implement something that would make it so that you would just spam cast cobra shot. So I'm going to say normal rotation with the 2 piece or both the 2 piece and 4 piece.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Both the T15 set bonuses are appealing, and could turn out to be quite useful, especially for a BM Hunter like me. I'll enjoy looting for these in LFR.

Deleted
    While I personally like these set bonuses, the 4 piece just comes off as ''Look, now all specs have Wild Quiver''. I think Wild Quiver is an extremely cool mastery for Marksmanship and it's one of those things I love about the spec. I feel both excited for getting it on the other specs as well as cheated that Marksmanship doesn't have this unique passive on it's own anymore. I don't think this should be acceptable. Who knows, maybe they'll change it to a chain lightning-type arrow instead.

All the annoyances of courageous summoned pets pulling things on it's own, not feeling like attacking something, having a lava bath and so forth of the 2 set, I think the 2 set is awesome. It's a 2 set guys. I was expecting something in the lines of ''Arcane Shot now deals 2% of it's damage over the next 5 minutes''. 2 sets generally aren't very interesting. I find this 2 set quite fun.

But hey that's just my opinion.

Very vanilla (boring) and unimaginative.

It's like they worked on the hunter set last (which I swear they do a lot in reality, nearly always the last sets announced when they do one by one previews) and just wen't "My god im so tired, can we just like pick old tier bonuses and talents out of a hat or something so we can go home?"

Deleted
    We have 6 out of 12people in our raid on prot. With more weak set bonusses seems like I'll just skip collecting any piece like I did in T14.
    Don't get why Bliz wants to gut hunter representation in raids.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    Very vanilla (boring) and unimaginative.
    What the above said - ultra boring set bonuses. Seems to really lack imagination - ANOTHER pet & the 4set is just lacking, esp if it works like wild quiver ie. will probably further decrease the durability of an overstressed bow.
    Dafft - Scout - DAoC
    Dafft - Shadow Warrior - Warhammer
    Dafft - Hunter - WoW

Deleted
    I don't understand the complaints about the 2 set really. All 2 set bonuses involve something little extra related to the class' theme and almost all of them are just a small benefit. We are Hunters, we are the number one pet class in World of Warcraft. A chance to summon an additional pet for a few seconds ties in with our theme really well. 2 set bonuses in the past have always been something small and passive like ''+5% crit chance on Serpent Sting''. What were you expecting? I'm happy it's not something like the Windwalker Monk 2 set bonus where it requires us paying additional attention to something relatively uninteresting.

The complaints about possible mechanics are very valid however. I hope these summoned thunder hawks instantly start attacking the right target. Unlike say, the Mage's mirror image set bonus who run off on their own and tactically pull half the instance.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion they sound a lot interesting than the tier bonuses we had in this tear for example. So it's better I guess?

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming it works like Wild Quiver it'll boost AoE if the proc rate is good - though it could have a ICD.

SV mastery bonus will make this quite awesome for AoE, pushing SV even further ahead here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    we are the number one pet class in World of Warcraft
    A pet class doesn't mean we have to be turned into a zookeeper. Especially when I choose not to play BM I don't want to have more than 1pet. As MM I'd rather have none.

This means in T15 we'll be able to have 10pets out at the same time which results in exactly the same problem as having so many skills -> nothing is high damage.
    The problem is also that it's linked to CS/SS. Either the hawk will do bad damage and it's a bad set bonus, or it will do good damage and we'll be forced to fish for procs with our lowest priority ability in the game.
    It would be as rediculous like putting a self heal on our disengage forcing people to jump around everywhere. Oh wait...

Wink

Lightning arrow sounds rather similar to the elemental "call lightning" 2 piece i think hunters will have a higher proc chance as its a lower use rotational ability you also have to remember its going to have an ICD so its actually better on a non spam ability rather than a spam my one with a low proc chance

Ofc if you don't like the lightning arrow set-bonus you can always give it back along with the mail offspec stuff you nicked last raid ;-)

signed shamans ;-)

Deleted
    So, BM will still be happy.
    SV will be happier.
    MM will go cut itself.

These are easily the most boring set bonuses I've seen i a while. It's pretty much just a static dps boost on the 4p, nothing interesting at all. The 2p is a little bit more fun, but still wont change anything.

I cant really speak about 2pc bonus because we dont know anything about its behavior or scaling: will it attack our current target? Will it switch targets if we do? Will it attack another target if our current dies like Dire Beast or will it disappear like AMoC? Will it benefit from damage buffs (think Garalon)? Will it do any AoE? Will it dynamically change its AP as hunter does or will it have a snapshot of stats from the point when it spawns? Will it benefit from BM mastery or SV mastery in case its damage is magic (higly possible since it is a Thunderhawk, looks like nature damage)? What will be the ICD?

4pc bonus: pretty generic one, looks exactly the same as T14 2pc (it will only differ in parameters such as proc chance and how hard it hits, possible ICD). Very likely to benefit from SV mastery. Hopefully will benefit from MM mastery (I doubt it). It may turn out OP or lackluster, we will see.

However: the way how one can proc these bonuses works against each other. BM is not going to have their Thunderhawk during times it is needed the most - during burst. Also any spec running with Thrill of the hunt talent will have low uptimes of this bonus. On the other hand MM is not going to benefit from 4pc almost at all during Careful Aim or during Heroism.
    Im not sure this is good or bad, it just dosnt seem right that these bonuses work against each other.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StijnDP View Post
    A pet class doesn't mean we have to be turned into a zookeeper. Especially when I choose not to play BM I don't want to have more than 1pet. As MM I'd rather have none.

This means in T15 we'll be able to have 10pets out at the same time which results in exactly the same problem as having so many skills -> nothing is high damage.
    The problem is also that it's linked to CS/SS. Either the hawk will do bad damage and it's a bad set bonus, or it will do good damage and we'll be forced to fish for procs with our lowest priority ability in the game.
    It would be as rediculous like putting a self heal on our disengage forcing people to jump around everywhere. Oh wait...
    I beg to differ. Our whole theme and niche is summoning pets and controlling powerful beasts to aid us in combat. Granted I wouldn't complain if we get a petless spec someday but pets are beasts are our thing. I don't know what 10 pets and nothing doing high damage have to do with eachother. At the end of the day this hawk is just going to account for a few hits of a certain amount of damage. Just because we suddenly get another guardian companion doesn't mean our damage is suddenly going to be lower. A Mage doing 10k frostbolts every 2 seconds and a Hunter summoning 10 pets that do 1k damage each every 2 seconds isn't suddenly going to make Hunters very weak.

You have a point about the fishing for procs or us not caring about it thing. But that's a mechanic related complaint. Something I actually agreed with. The theme and nature of the set bonus have nothing to do with that.

The heal from the Disengage glyph isn't going to force you to use it on cooldown either. It's merely an extra little heal in case you decide the glyph is worth it. It doesn't sudden;y make you a healer who needs to keep himself alive by spamming Disengage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Didn't think of that. It could which would screw MM.
    exactly it makes the tier best for BM yet again. Still kinda pissed GC makes promises about fixing hunters and we get prolly the weakest bonuses on out tier gear of all the classses.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    we get prolly the weakest bonuses on out tier gear of all the classses.
    We have no ideas what the numbers are, how can you possibly judge this?

Besides, I like the idea of yet another pet being summoned. And I find the whole ToTH issue in regards to the set bonuses interesting.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.