Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    This. It's just GC trying to be funny at the expense of productive information, yet again.
    Ummm, you do realize the part I quoted was only two sentences from a lengthy post, right?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Ummm, you do realize the part I quoted was only two sentences from a lengthy post, right?
    What does that change about what I said?

What does that change about what I said?
    Because the rest of the lines were productive information?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the rest of the lines were productive information?
    ... And? OK, I'll bite the derailment bait: I don't understand what point you're trying to make here or what your concern is. He's being sarcastic with a tongue-in-cheek commentary reflecting the community's tendency to overexaggerate everything. In this case, how powerful the new 'special' pet will be and the overinflated hype surrounding it. Whether he posted 10,999 additional lines of productive information changes nothing about what I said.

... And? OK, I'll bite the derailment bait: I don't understand what point you're trying to make here or what your concern is. He's being sarcastic with a tongue-in-cheek commentary reflecting the community's tendency to overexaggerate everything. In this case, how powerful the new 'special' pet will be and the overinflated hype surrounding it. Whether he posted 10,999 additional lines of productive information changes nothing about what I said.
    My concern is that you're overexaggerating the lack of productive comments

10+ Year Old Account
    So moving along to things that actually matter:

GC mentioned (I think on Twitter) that there might be vendors on PTR which would let people try out the set bonuses without waiting for drops. Does anyone know if these have been implemented? I'm curious to find out what the actual wording of the 4-piece means with regard to Multi-Shot.

These set bonus's are not to dissimilar to ele shammy ones back in Firelands (if I recall). They are boring, but is that the price we paid for a really good 4 set bonus (for BM) in the current tier. Wish the hunter community would shout out loud and tell Blizz that we want something more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Windthorn View Post
    These set bonus's are not to dissimilar to ele shammy ones back in Firelands (if I recall). They are boring, but is that the price we paid for a really good 4 set bonus (for BM) in the current tier. Wish the hunter community would shout out loud and tell Blizz that we want something more interesting.
    Summoning a Thunderhawk and shooting lightning bolts is definitely more interesting that increased proc chances or straight buffs to signature shots.

Summoning a Thunderhawk and shooting lightning bolts is definitely more interesting that increased proc chances or straight buffs to signature shots.
    the problem is that its still part of an 8 year old stupid pet AI.... the one thing the devs have proven time and time again is they forget that hunters have to use pets when they build raids. We are going to encounter fights where there is some gimmick to the fight that we need in order to complete the fight that won't apply to lets thus making it even a weaker set bonus then it already is.

the root issue if they like making hunters revolve around pets, but yet they build encounters that make pets a disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    the problem is that its still part of an 8 year old stupid pet AI.... the one thing the devs have proven time and time again is they forget that hunters have to use pets when they build raids. We are going to encounter fights where there is some gimmick to the fight that we need in order to complete the fight that won't apply to lets thus making it even a weaker set bonus then it already is.

the root issue if they like making hunters revolve around pets, but yet they build encounters that make pets a disadvantage.
    I won't disagree with that, believe me. But it's possible the Thunderhawk may not actually melee attack your opponent; the "minimum 5 attacks" with a 10 second usage seems to indicate that the Thunderhawk is going to arrive, blast your current target every 2 secs, and then despawn. They could go with a Dot like aMoC instead, I guess, but that negates some benefit on target-switching fights.

I guess I'm just not ready to "panic" until I see it in action.