Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    While the new t15 4 pc dps bonus is better than the AotD crap.. its still lackluster and not desirable. SR hits for shit and I still dont see many DKs throwing it into their rotation at 45% health on bosses. It COULD be decent but not worthy of a 4 piece set. And NO DK in their right mind would waste a KM proc on stupid ass SR instead of obliterate.

And dont even get me started on the nerf to the t14 2 pc. It isnt necessary. It isnt OP as it is right now.. in fact its one of the only things that keeps DKs competitive right now in raid dps. Raid leaders everywhere will be wondering why their DK lost 5-10k dps upon 5.2 and their groups are getting close to enrage timers.

Fuck blizzard. They make the most retarded decisions ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Grishnok View Post
    SR hits for shit and I still dont see many DKs throwing it into their rotation at 45% health on bosses. It COULD be decent but not worthy of a 4 piece set. And NO DK in their right mind would waste a KM proc on stupid ass SR instead of obliterate.
    not sure if trolling or....

You realize that SR is the most dmg you can do per rune right? Why wouldn't you want that to crit with a KM proc?

Quote Originally Posted by Reniat View Post
    not sure if trolling or....

You realize that SR is the most dmg you can do per rune right? Why wouldn't you want that to crit with a KM proc?
    Mainly because the KM proc on SR is only an increased chance for SR to crit. KM on oblit is 100%.

from ghostcrawler:
    - Clarification on the 4pc: It means that if you have a Killing Machine proc up and hit Soul Reaper, that Soul Reaper will be a guaranteed crit, will consume the Killing Machine Proc, and the future Soul Reaper Shadow detonation will also be a guaranteed crit. Basically, Killing Machine will function for Soul Reaper, just like it already does for Frost Strike and Obliterate.

While the new t15 4 pc dps bonus is better than the AotD crap.. its still lackluster and not desirable. SR hits for shit and I still dont see many DKs throwing it into their rotation at 45% health on bosses. It COULD be decent but not worthy of a 4 piece set. And NO DK in their right mind would waste a KM proc on stupid ass SR instead of obliterate.

And dont even get me started on the nerf to the t14 2 pc. It isnt necessary. It isnt OP as it is right now.. in fact its one of the only things that keeps DKs competitive right now in raid dps. Raid leaders everywhere will be wondering why their DK lost 5-10k dps upon 5.2 and their groups are getting close to enrage timers.

I might be doing something wrong, but even as 2h frost (this will be even bigger for DW), soul reaper is doing higher average damage than obliterate PER APPLICATION (as in strike + execute damage), this would make it more than two times effective in damage per rune ratio. So depending on how the set bonus works (I guess it will be guaranteed crit for both the initial hit and delayed damage per KM consumed) it will actually be pretty decent. The 2pc T14 nerf is uncalled for though

Here's the logs I'm basing my assumptions on so you see I'm not pulling numbers out of my anus:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...4#tab-dmgspell

Deleted

I'm no maths wizard, but for the sake of argument lets look at 2h Frost, the spec that would get the most benefit from the current t14 2pc bonus.

...Again, for the sake of argument lets assume a DK currently does 100k DPS on a single target fight and that 70% (I am pulling these numbers out of my arse) of the damage comes from obliterate and frost strikes. At the moment that would mean, of the 70K DPS coming from OB/FS - 7K of that is due to the set bonus... In an ideal world, without switching to an AOE rotation or w/e that means a 2h frost DK would lose around 4K dps?

the 3K DPS that's left with the new, 4% set bonus would roughly equate to 3% overall damage for a 2H frost player which seems far more in line with what they want the set bonuses to achieve. 7% Damage from a single set bonus is silly... And no, it's not keeping us competitive, DKs are completely fine when it comes to damage.

By contrast, for unholy scourge strike (again, numbers plucked from the air) might do about 25% of your damage, meaning the current set bonus is a 2.5% increase to DPS - you get the idea.

Not only is the set bonus OP anyway, it scales and could have theoretically made keeping 2x bits of t14 gear desireable long into the next tier of raiding - Blizzard don't want that.

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    I might be doing something wrong, but even as 2h frost (this will be even bigger for DW), soul reaper is doing higher average damage than obliterate PER APPLICATION (as in strike + execute damage), this would make it more than two times effective in damage per rune ratio. So depending on how the set bonus works (I guess it will be guaranteed crit for both the initial hit and delayed damage per KM consumed) it will actually be pretty decent. The 2pc T14 nerf is uncalled for though

Here's the logs I'm basing my assumptions on so you see I'm not pulling numbers out of my anus:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...4#tab-dmgspell
    You're not doing anything wrong, SR does hit harder per application once you factor in the initial physical damage and the delayed shadow damage hit. If you're looking at it from a purely Rune POV then it does nearly twice as much damage (per rune) as obliterate.
    Last edited by mmoc0cdb03e806; 2013-01-24 at 07:09 AM.

in fact its one of the only things that keeps DKs competitive right now in raid dps.
    I would argue, that in real world (read: level majority of players are playing on), DPS is affected more by following three things than a class/spec:
    1) personal skill - if you don't push the buttons right, you gonna do low damage no matter what gear, class or spec. I for one suck big time on not eating KM with Frost strikes. I know that it costs me ton of damage so I don't complain about low dps...
    2) gear - no matter how mad skills you got, if the (worse) player next to you has upgraded heroic weapon and you don't, you are not going to outDPS him - this is what happens for me and the other DK in my group, he has just better trinkets, yet he is doing consistently more damage than me. According to numbers we are doing everything else the same way - same (+-2) number of obliterates, frost strikes, ...
    3) rng - over the course of 8 minute fight rng on procs and crits matters A LOT. Streak of bad luck during pillar of frost/bloodlust, or couple of crits when Lei Shi has high fog stacks, all of that is going to affect your DPS more than you would like.

I replied earlier on this thread to know what the current thoughts are about 4set bonus for the dps tier, but for some reason my reply got removed?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LickMeh View Post
    I replied earlier on this thread to know what the current thoughts are about 4set bonus for the dps tier, but for some reason my reply got removed?
    I guess you replied to the T16 thread, not this one.

Locked because irrelevant that this is about T15 and not the new one.