Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    I just had a thought, though I doubt I'm the first to have it. While the WW 4 set bonus is useless for us, how about the 2 set bonus? For reference:
    I don't like the idea of the orbs being lost due to heavy movement fights. I haven't delved into any 5.2 fight mechanics yet but I can think of plenty of T14 where it wouldn't be the most thrilling bonus.
    Quote Originally Posted by imoom View Post
    There is more discussion of the 2 set to be had, for instance, is the 50% uptime achievable (i think so), and how "mastery" (comparing overall average, and during actual uptime) will critrating provide vs what mastery provides.
    Pretty sure someone posted in another thread that 50% uptime on EB wouldn't be likely even in T15 gear. Who ever math'd it out is probably lurking.

Still a great set bonus as it rewards us for using an ability we should already be maximizing. The 4P is a bit ambiguous to calc.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

if that calculation is correct then it is really bad. its only 60% of a jab, so not even 1 chi per minute, and our 4set seems to end up in the area of around 4-6 chi per minute.
    possibly if SCK can give multiple energy spheres, it can possibly be useful for aoe.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 12:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Pretty sure someone posted in another thread that 50% uptime on EB wouldn't be likely even in T15 gear. Who ever math'd it out is probably lurking.
    ok I missed that discussion, checking my own logs relatively fast i have around 25-30% uptime on 2 tank fights, and 40% on single tanking windlord. so considering 2tank fights i think it isnt impossible that we will be able to keep it up during that time, and even if we look at the windlord occasion, (40% uptime) it means 15sec dodge, 15sec "stagger" , and last "20%" of the uptime is 7.5sec which can be a fitting window to use guard.

Tier is now available on PTR.
    good thing:
    no dodge on items
    bad thing:
    socket bonuses are: 2 x agi, 2 x dodge,1 x int!?! (will be fixed ofc)

4set proc has 15sec duration, and is currently showing no visuals except a buff (looks like divine plea or something) in buffbar, so weakauras is adviced.

Tier is now available on PTR.
    good thing:
    no dodge on items
    bad thing:
    socket bonuses are: 2 x agi, 2 x dodge,1 x int!?! (will be fixed ofc)

4set proc has 15sec duration, and is currently showing no visuals except a buff (looks like divine plea or something) in buffbar, so weakauras is adviced.
    Knew I meant to do something yesterday. Thanks!

That said I wouldn't place toooo much stock in what stats they are: as you say with the int socket, they're probably just placeholders and will get fixed. That said, nothing wrong with a bit of agi as a socket bonus! :P

But yeah I'll log on later and have a play around with the set bonuses. Been hoping they'd give out T15 on the PTR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless they tweak the proc chance the 15sec duration seems pretty solid. Based on Gynshon's initial feedback it sounds like we will be consuming the proc shortly after it is up anyways.

Do they usually add an Aura effect to set bonus abilities if applicable? Of course Weak Aura's can handle this and not sure how they will mix it in with the visual lighting up of PB at Heavy Stagger already.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

think usable procs on tier is very rare, so dont know what they usually do on that part.
    the proc will be used more or less instant ofc, but 15sec duration makes it more viable to try and cheese a proc while offtanking to keep for "little later".

15+ Year Old Account
    Where is the vendor for the new tier????
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    Where is the vendor for the new tier????
    Same as the valor vendors in the Temple of Nizaou or however it is spelled. I actually like the look of the tier this time around. Much better than our current "anal beads around my neck" look.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Was there any updates regarding the set bonuses on the PTR? They both seem like they could be very useful to me but that's just in theory, which isn't always right while in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by reLik View Post
    Was there any updates regarding the set bonuses on the PTR? They both seem like they could be very useful to me but that's just in theory, which isn't always right while in-game.
    Pretty sure they've stayed the same, no changes so far. I can't imagine them changing either: they seem in a pretty solid place.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    Same as the valor vendors in the Temple of Nizaou or however it is spelled. I actually like the look of the tier this time around. Much better than our current "anal beads around my neck" look.
    the anal beads got me all hot and bothered during long raid nights

Going to throw this out there. Let's assume 6 PB per minute are free. That is 6 free Chi per minute.

Can you guys drop from 15% expertise to 7.5% expertise now that we will have 6 free Chi to spend on PB per minute, so your whopping .5 KS that gets parried in the same minute timeframe isn't a big deal anymore? Just curious...
    The extra chi we'll have spare doesn't do a thing for the argument for or against 15% expertise. Keg Smash parries can already be mitigated by having chi banked for such an occasion, giving us more chi over the course of a fight isn't going to increase the likelihood of us banking chi or not.

So tested this out quite extensively on the PTR. It procs pretty regularly, enough so that we won't be spending Chi on PB at all except for some rare occasions of heavy incoming damage phases. It actually looks to be a pretty decent set.

10+ Year Old Account
    So tested this out quite extensively on the PTR. It procs pretty regularly, enough so that we won't be spending Chi on PB at all except for some rare occasions of heavy incoming damage phases. It actually looks to be a pretty decent set.
    How much is regularly? Just a rough estimate. Also if you are seeing very little need for chi for PB once you get this 4 set is this going to create a gearing issue where people are going to need slightly more haste than they have right now, 5-6k whatever you take, but once you get this 4 set you avoid haste like the plague?

Regularly enough that I had the Purifier buff everytime I considered casting PB. This was in LFR mind you, so not sure how much more I will need for heroic raiding, but even still, the initial tests look good. I didn't time it because I wasn't casting PB everytime it procced. I guess I could for a comparison though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Regularly enough that I had the Purifier buff everytime I considered casting PB. This was in LFR mind you, so not sure how much more I will need for heroic raiding, but even still, the initial tests look good. I didn't time it because I wasn't casting PB everytime it procced. I guess I could for a comparison though.
    yea was doing alot of lfr with guildies on the ptr this weekend, its procs about every 5-10secs it seems like.

Confirmed in today's heroic testing, the proc is every 10ish secs or so. I would not cast PB unless I had a Purify buff up, and I maybe only took a cpl extra ticks of stagger where I normally I would have purified off. Was pretty rare though, and most times it procced right when I wanted to use it.

It was pretty nice tbh.

Any idea yet on what offpiece will be BiS?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvonnel View Post
    There's a high degree of randomness in the Thunder-Forged items, and you can't be sure that you'll ever get a TF item of the specific type you want. It's likely that whatever piece you happen to get as TF will be the one you want to use as an offpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonnel View Post
    Regardless of what paraalso said, if you want to avoid mastery like the plague, go for the WW helm, the other 3 pieces you might consider are Hands Chest 1 Chest 2.

It mostly ends up being personal choice really, not sure what you're aiming at stat wise, hence why I just supposed you didn't want any mastery at all. Personally I'll most likely go for the WW helm. Rockfall Ribwraps have 2 sockets instead of 3 which isn't that appealing and the other chest just screams for the DPS classes (3 red sockets). Don't really have anything against the gloves themselves though, but here's the Tier piece for comparison.

Cheers!