MS "IllumiRoom" at CES

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...errifying.aspx

Now, I understand it is just a projector that is most likely attached to the console as a second display, but I can't decide if I like it or want to to go diaf.

This is all the info I have on it and I'm just curious about other peoples thoughts on the matter?

Deleted
    I looks cool on theory but in practice I don't think it has much value.

Looks very epilepsy inducing and pointless.

Looks a bit gimmicky to me and more annoying then adding to the gaming experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I heard rumors of this, but this is a bit more underwhelming then it sounded. In all honesty the best system I ever played that really made you feel like you were more in the game with no outside the screen distractions was the Virtual Boy. This would be cool however if you had a plain white wall and a TV with thin exterior edges.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    Eh, I heard rumors of this, but this is a bit more underwhelming then it sounded. In all honesty the best system I ever played that really made you feel like you were more in the game with no outside the screen distractions was the Virtual Boy. This would be cool however if you had a plain white wall and a TV with thin exterior edges.
    Yeah. Too bad that damn thing made your eyes bleed. Hm, you know, that's probably why it was all red...so you couldn't tell.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Deleted
    Hopefully it isn't worse than the Kinect, though from that footage I'm sceptical whether it is going to be at all useful.