Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

[Ret] T15 Set Bonuses

So I was looking at the datamined set bonuses that they have for Ret in the next raid

Item - Paladin T15 Retribution 2P Bonus (New) Your Exorcism causes your target to take 6% increased Holy damage from your attacks for 6 sec.
    Item - Paladin T15 Retribution 4P Bonus (New) Your Crusader Strike has a 40% chance to make your next Templar’s Verdict deal all Holy damage.

It's an interesting pair, and wondering what everyone thinks of them compared to the current 4P of 65 seconds off of Avenging Wrath.

With no haste buffs my Paladin has a 13 seconds CD on Exo, which is close to a 50% up time on the 2P at least (485 currently, no plate DPS items have dropped in our raids..). I wonder how high that can get with the new raid gear.

The 4P has me more interested though, as far as I know boss resistances were removed quite awhile back and wrath bosses had about 34% armor with all possible reductions. If that is true Templar's Verdict should hit 34% harder (If that is still the armor value) since magic ignores all armor.

How does this compare to our current tier bonuses to you?!

More RNG... ffs
    TV full holy damage -> even more damage from Inquisition and Hand of light tho
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2013-01-10 at 06:43 AM.

Deleted
    E: NVM, Bosses can :P

Still interesting

Still waiting for 4th piece of tier 14 (cries). Tier 15 Is it a Mastery play??
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy Templar's Verdict Batman!

Quote Originally Posted by Arganaut View Post
    Still waiting for 4th piece of tier 14 (cries). Tier 15 Is it a Mastery play??
    It'll be interesting. In 1 hand, Haste affects both of them a good deal. Lower haste means more Templar's Verdict and Exorcisms. Exorcism kind of double dips with Art of War and Sanctity of Battle. On the other hand, I can easily see Mastery becoming God like if we manage to get enough and push Hand of Light damage over the top.

I also kind of like haste > Mastery. Makes the rotation smoother and a bit more fun than sitting around waiting for something to come off CD.

Don't know if these are the final set bonuses yet, but it can't hurt to do some napkin math. If bosses really do mitigate Templar's Verdict damage by 34% to get to the numbers we see right now, that with Inquisition is literally almost double the damage. ~1.97 times more damage. Smplifying it to 2/5 Templar's Verdicts on average is about 38.7% more TV damage on average.
    Last edited by Reith; 2013-01-10 at 07:27 AM.

Mastery and TW madness!

With the t15 4p bonus, we will go for Divine Purpose i reckon. Haste will still be the best secondary stat, or will mastery push ahead?

Pretty interesting set bonuses. The 4 set looks like it will be amazing.

The guestion I have is, will the 2 set be worth not having the 4 set t14? I mean 1 min off Wings cd seems a lot better than 6% holy damage for 6 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Exorcism kind of double dips with Art of War and Sanctity of Battle.
    Last time I checked double dipping = effect scales with itself (resulting a function of (1+x)^2) - which is not the case with AoW and Sanctity of Battle since both effects are a linear function of haste and add up rather than getting multiplied.
    number of exorcisms = (1+haste)/cd + (1+haste)*proc chance/attackspeed

Deleted
    I think HA will shine like a diamond(Rihanna ref), due to the spam spam spam of CS+Exo to get that sweet TV for the 6%holy increase and TV full holy DMG I like, alltho 2 set could/should be better imo.

I like the current 4p bonus too much. Wings + Holy Avenger every 2 minutes = fun fun fun.

The only way to boost the 4p is with more crusader strikes, so HA does nothing extra for that. We will just go back to using C>J during wings.

Deleted
    Does this mean that exo will pull ahead HoW in our rotation?
    Also, will CS have a higher prio than HoW if our 4set hasn't procced?
    (no 4set proc - exo<cs<how<judge, and 4set proced - exo<how<judge<TV<cs) Obviously this needs testing.
    Last edited by mmoc13e5020cea; 2013-01-10 at 12:35 PM.

does DS already do holy damage? or do you think they should add it to the 4pc saying either TV or DS do all holy damage. which would help our AOE (if it isnt already all holy damage)

Quote Originally Posted by hugsofdeath View Post
    does DS already do holy damage? or do you think they should add it to the 4pc saying either TV or DS do all holy damage. which would help our AOE (if it isnt already all holy damage)
    Divine storm already does 100% holy damage.
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

Quote Originally Posted by hugsofdeath View Post
    Yeah Ds is already Holy damage. Thats why it does so much for only being 100% weapon damage. I can see Tv hitting for well over 300k crits when its all holy.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I can see Tv hitting for well over 300k crits when its all holy.
    I'm thinking 400-500k crits with a new tier weapon on cooldown-roids.

Could mean the return of mastery as prime stat, considering haste's decreased value after the plateau and higher Ilvl to get there faster.

Haste (8k) > Mastery > Haste > Crit sounds likely.
    Last edited by Veliane; 2013-01-10 at 05:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veliane View Post
    I'm thinking 400-500k crits with a new tier weapon on cooldown-roids.

Could mean the return of mastery as prime stat, considering haste's decreased value after the plateau and higher Ilvl to get there faster.

Haste (8k) > Mastery > Haste > Crit sounds likely.

I hate mastery and I hate haste WTB Crit has best stat

Deleted
    Don't do serious PVE so does not effect me, but the bonus looks very interesting indeed.