Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    WW monks only use their Chi for single target attacks and have an Aoe that works off energy. If they made DS cost mana instead of HP we would simply use TV, WoG or Inq at 3 HP.

Glyph of harsh words is a dps loss with or without DS costing HP.
    Ah DS i missread big time, I thought you meant put TV on 5 sec cd and make it mana cost.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    Oh my god why do you guys do this. We get a great 4set and you have to mess it up for everyone. I doubt the damage will be even remotely comparable to a 275% weapon damage triple dipping templar's verdict.
    exactly, the people who don't know any better boned ret yet again.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 12:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Terielx1 View Post
    ghost crawler said the extra damage will be equivalent to a templars verdict so it will essencially be like using divine storm AND templars verdict at the same time
    Without the mega mastery and seal.

So basically T15 4set is kinda like our Cata T11 mastery.

Non existent.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-01-17 at 12:14 AM.

Aaaaand the rng noodle slap hits are back. Why can't we get anything that does sustained damage...

2Pce : Casting Inquisiton bathes you in holy light causing targets around you to take 6% additonal holy damage.

4pce CS / HoTR has a 50% chance to cause your TV / DS do deal an additional 100% weapon damage as Holy Damage to the primary target.

2 set allows greatly needed sustained dps and aoe dps and is a passive which i feel is important for tiers sets. Both should not be active effects you must track or things get far to clunky for the average player or even the world class player.

4 set allows the exact same damage to the boss if you choose to aoe or TV so you do not have to be afraid of breaking CC when AOE is not an option and when AOE is needed you can still get the benefit of the set bonus on a single target.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...75?page=25#483
    Post and show your support so we can get something more stable like the above suggestion

Another contradiction... they don't want mandatory glyphs but 2 set spreads with Exo? All the more reason it should be added to inquistion.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-01-17 at 12:45 AM.

They could just "2p: buff Inq by X%" and I'd be happy. Simple and effective for sustained dps. No rng crap. Ofc that might blow up later when they'll design new tier bonuses, cause it could scale too well.

"Retribution
    The tier-14 2-piece set bonus now causes Crusader Strike and Hammer of Wrath to have a 40% chance to make the Paladin’s next Divine Storm deal a Lightning Strike for 255% weapon damage as Nature."

Now this seems extremely underwhelming. It is even a dps gain to use DS during the proc?

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    "Retribution
    The tier-14 2-piece set bonus now causes Crusader Strike and Hammer of Wrath to have a 40% chance to make the Paladin’s next Divine Storm deal a Lightning Strike for 255% weapon damage as Nature."

Now this seems extremely underwhelming. It is even a dps gain to use DS during the proc?
    Did you even bother to read that right? There's no way that could be correct in any possible way whatsoever. It says T14, for one. Then it says 2-set. Then it says Hammer of Wrath. :|

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Did you even bother to read that right?
    No I did not good sir!! I derped like there was no tomorrow. I misread Hammer of Wrath and didn't even pay attention to the tier number.
    Now that I reread it, it seems like a whole mess of typos.

So I'm really confused. Is it a typo or did they change the T14 2 set to what they said was going to to be the t15 4 set would be?

The latest notes are rife with errors. Personally, my money's on the numbers for the set bonus being accurate, but they mislabeled it as a t14 2pc and HoW instead of t15 4pc and HotR. I wouldn't turn down a t14 2pc buff, but I don't think that's what they meant

255% weapon damage as nature is almost exactly even with a TV hit (yes, including the Mastery proc with Inq - remember that TV's 275% is reduced by armor, while 255% nature is not). DS + a TV's worth of proc is definitely more total damage than just using TV; it's essentially a free DS worth of damage. Since DS hits ~60% as hard as TV, that's actually not so far short of the previous version of the bonus, which worth ~85% of a TV.

Paladin
    - For Retribution, we were trying to emphasize what was once the most awesome spell in the Ret arsenal (Divine Storm) while reacting to some of the initial feedback that the first set bonus wasn't exciting. As often happens in cases like this, the players who liked the first set bonus and not the second have now offered their feedback. I want to stress that when this happens it's not a poll or a contest to see who can yell the loudest. We evaluate the feedback we get, weigh the strengths of the various arguments, and come to a decision. For 5.2 we're going to go back to the initial 4 pc set bonus of Templar's Verdict sometimes hitting for Holy damage. I also want to stress that anyone expecting said bonus to be a 20% DPS increase or something are going to be disappointed, so I hope that's not why you liked the bonus.

Incorporating Divine Storm into the single-target rotation, sometimes, is still a neat idea and the kind of thing we might do as a glyph or something in the future.

tl;dr, old 4p is back again

Quote Originally Posted by Therm View Post
    Paladin
    - For Retribution, we were trying to emphasize what was once the most awesome spell in the Ret arsenal (Divine Storm) while reacting to some of the initial feedback that the first set bonus wasn't exciting. As often happens in cases like this, the players who liked the first set bonus and not the second have now offered their feedback. I want to stress that when this happens it's not a poll or a contest to see who can yell the loudest. We evaluate the feedback we get, weigh the strengths of the various arguments, and come to a decision. For 5.2 we're going to go back to the initial 4 pc set bonus of Templar's Verdict sometimes hitting for Holy damage. I also want to stress that anyone expecting said bonus to be a 20% DPS increase or something are going to be disappointed, so I hope that's not why you liked the bonus.

Incorporating Divine Storm into the single-target rotation, sometimes, is still a neat idea and the kind of thing we might do as a glyph or something in the future.

Well thats good, I'm happy about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Therm View Post
    Paladin

The only thing I didn't like about the bolt and it being with Divine Storm was that it didn't do anything for mastery.. but meh, I'm okay with the previous one too. Of course a 20% increase in damage is ridiculous unless the spec needs that much to compete with other DPS *coughFuryWarriorscough* ... but yeah.

Deleted
    So they made a 2 set where one single target ability and another execute/cooldown ability cause an AoE ability to gain a boost? I beg you pardon?

not gonna claim credit for getting it changed... but i did kinda post a shitton of valid points it nuked. Mainly mastery scaling.

Yay! Super TV is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    The only thing I didn't like about the bolt and it being with Divine Storm was that it didn't do anything for mastery.. but meh, I'm okay with the previous one too. Of course a 20% increase in damage is ridiculous unless the spec needs that much to compete with other DPS *coughFuryWarriorscough* ... but yeah.
    They did say that they want to find a way to get DS into the single target rotation at some point in the future so maybe we will still see something happen with that. Honestly though, Tv hitting for holy damage will be fun. I think it will make it feel a little more interesting than "I have 3 holy power and just need to hit tv because thats the finisher move".

Announcing 4pc bonus, changing it 3 days after that, then changing it something else, then back to what it was all in less than 2 weeks without testing, This is the main issue this game is at at the moment..
    "In space, no one can hear you unless you scream!"

Quote Originally Posted by Riftcrusher View Post
    Announcing 4pc bonus, changing it 3 days after that, then changing it something else, then back to what it was all in less than 2 weeks without testing, This is the main issue this game is at at the moment..
    The main issue is that they have no idea what they're doing when it comes to PvE DPS balance. Sure they can iron out some quality of life stuff, but what does it matter when you're completely outclassed in DPS?