Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Transmigration View Post
    I just wanted to say that I report every single name I see that's trollish, sexual, not funny, or otherwise outside the context of a fantasy setting. I also report every single person I see spoiling movies, making fun of people, or saying anything considered distasteful. We are out there and we will make changes in this community, however insignificant they may be. I have done some very questionable things with some weird women over the years, but I leave it out if the game.
    See, people - it's only 13$/month to make yourself feel important for a change

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Does it really matter?

It's not like the op asked a question that's already been answered 5 times and the thread has reached an absolute resolution; the topic has shifted towards players discussing the names that have gotten them suspended or prompted name changes.

Honestly I'm more annoyed by someone who points out a thread is old, saying it has been "necroposted" like it's some sort of idiot thing to do than someone who wants to post in an old topic. A topic being old doesn't mean that it can't produce new discussion.
    Well, if you put more thought into that question than the rest of your post you may have come up with an answer and wouldn't have needed to 'pick up' the poster you quoted.

If you struggle for an answer, get back to me as to why a 3 year old necro shouldn't be the norm.
    Would be glad to give you at least 2 answers.

Pro Tip: Think before you post.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPisthelifeforme View Post
    The only issue I have with this, is that I am worried/paranoid if Blizzard will check my account, or if they are "giving me a chance to repent" if you will with my other characters. I might add they are MUCH worse than Bdsm.
    Well you only have yourself to blame, when you use an adult fetish that is BDSM expect to have hassles the thing is that unlike 20 or so years ago when such things were not widely known.. And if you say that you have even worse names then expect more trouble..

Now days pretty much everyone knows what such things like BDSM means (especially with the movie 50 Shades of Grey) and the fact that the game is rated T for Teen Blizzard have to draw the line somewhere when it comes to character naming..

I remember a long time ago a person I know who named his character Clintoris (think about it) and they was told to change it or end up in hot water..

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    All the more reason WoW needs to have/allow surnames or multi-word names, since finding a semi-coherent name for a character can be an exercise in frustration due to so many names being in use. Yet you can name characters Buttplug, Knobcheese, among other not-so-pleasant things without a hitch.
    Can confirm, have a toon named Butteplug. I don't even like the character name, but it's funny to tick off the morality police.
    Last edited by Krieleros; 2016-01-13 at 03:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats not even that bad. . . . I have a Rogue on KT nammed Vulvatron, and a DK nammed Vagitron. . . .never been banned.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Thats not even that bad. . . . I have a Rogue on KT nammed Vulvatron, and a DK nammed Vagitron. . . .never been banned.
    Funny thing just did a armory search of your second toons name and there are 46 instances of it and there are 74 of your first one.. lol Also did a armory of bdsm and there are 138 instances of that name.. So looks like the OP may have ticked someone off although by the looks of things most of these toons have not been played in a long time..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2016-01-13 at 03:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Funny thing just did a armory search of your second toons name and there are 46 instances of it and there are 74 of your first one.. lol Also did a armory of bdsm and there are 138 instances of that name.. So looks like the OP may have ticked someone off..
    /sadface

I thought I was original with Vulvatron. . . .

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    /sadface

I thought I was original with Vulvatron. . . .
    Nah when it comes to naughty bits people will use them first if they can do it in a way that does not draw too much attention.. And interestingly 8 years after I made my hunter her name is still a one off original no one has copied ever.. But the main this is that it is not dirty..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2016-01-13 at 03:43 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    One of my chars have a completely unique name that are in violation of the ToS. It's nudity and violence combined (it is obvious when you read it). Never been reported or banned, had it since Cataclysm. But then I do keep a low profile outside of Guild and whispers when I'm on it. It's truly brilliant, and I'd be really sad if I would be forced to change it.

Personally, I wouldn't report my own names. Just keep a low profile when you're playing chars with names that are in violation of the ToS and cross your fingers

all I have gathered from this post is kiddies think it is cool to have an offensive name and then whine if banned or forced to change it.
    it is everyone else's fault for not liking their sense of "humor".
    you go out of your way to be offensive and draw attention to yourself and when you get said attention whine about the consequences.
    if you use a name like that don't be shocked with the results and grow the hell up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    If you struggle for an answer, get back to me as to why a 3 year old necro shouldn't be the norm.
    please, enlighten me. go ahead, i'm waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    all I have gathered from this post is kiddies think it is cool to have an offensive name and then whine if banned or forced to change it.
    it is everyone else's fault for not liking their sense of "humor".
    you go out of your way to be offensive and draw attention to yourself and when you get said attention whine about the consequences.
    if you use a name like that don't be shocked with the results and grow the hell up
    Um, isn't that all the women do with their daily lives?

i made a gnome and call it nineinchdk didn't get flag

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Um, isn't that all the women do with their daily lives?
    what??
    what in the hell are you saying?
    how is it relavant to purposely choosing offensive names in a game?
    seems you truly are coonfused

Code of Conduct.

As with all things, your use of the Game is governed by certain rules. These rules (the “World of Warcraft Code of Conduct”), maintained and enforced exclusively by Blizzard, must be adhered to by all players. It is your responsibility to know, understand and abide by this World of Warcraft Code of Conduct. The following rules are not meant to be exhaustive, and Blizzard reserves the right to determine which conduct it considers to be outside the spirit of the Game and to take such disciplinary measures as it sees fit up to and including termination and deletion of the Account. Blizzard reserves the right to modify this Code of Conduct at any time.

A: Rules Related to Usernames and Guild Designations.
    Each user will either select a character name or allow the Service to automatically select a character name at random. Additionally, users may form "guilds" and such guilds will be required to choose a name for the guild. When you choose a character name, create a guild, or otherwise create a label that can be seen by other players using the Game or the Service, you must abide by the following guidelines as well as the rules of common decency. If Blizzard finds such a label to be offensive or improper, it may, in its sole and absolute discretion, change the name, remove the label and corresponding chat room, and/or suspend or terminate your use of the Service. In particular, you may not use any name:

(i) Belonging to another person with the intent to impersonate that person, including without limitation a "Game Master" or any other employee or agent of Blizzard;

(ii) That incorporates vulgar language or which are otherwise offensive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;

(iii) Subject to the rights of any other person or entity without written authorization from that person or entity;

(iv) That belongs to a popular culture figure, celebrity, or media personality;

(v) That is, contains, or is substantially similar to a trademark or service mark, whether registered or not;

(vi) Belonging to any religious figure or deity;

(vii) Taken from Blizzard's Warcraft products, including character names from the Warcraft series of novels;

(viii) Related to drugs, sex, alcohol, or criminal activity;

(ix) Comprised of partial or complete sentence (e.g., "Inyourface", "Welovebeef", etc);

(x) Comprised of gibberish (e.g., "Asdfasdf", "Jjxccm", "Hvlldrm");

(xi) Referring to pop culture icons or personas (e.g. " "Britneyspears", "Austinpowers", "Batman")

(xii) That utilizes "Leet" or "Dudespeak" (e.g., "Roflcopter", "xxnewbxx", "Roxxoryou")

(xiii) That incorporates titles. For purposes of this subsection, "titles" shall include without limitation 'rank' titles (e.g. , "CorporalTed," or "GeneralVlad"), monarchistic or fantasy titles (e.g., "KingMike", "LordSanchez"), and religious titles (e.g., "ThePope," or "Reverend Al"). You may not use a misspelling or an alternative spelling to circumvent the name restrictions listed above, nor can you have a "first" and "last" name that, when combined, violate the above name restrictions.
    Guess the naming policy bears repeating. It hasn't really changed in 3 years since the last poster posted it although (xiii) wasn't posted the last time.

Shockingly, children do play this game. When I started, I found a number of 13 and 14-year-olds. These days I don't interact with others as much, but those I do are adults. In all honesty, if you don't want your children to see the name you're using, then you shouldn't be using it. If you wouldn't even name your child that, then pick something else. The name you pick is the first impression others have of you, and if I see another player who is named "Arthasssxs" or "Leetdk", I can't help but think their IQ is 0 and their creativity is about as creative as a piece of blank paper. I also can't help thinking that they're a child and will throw a tantrum as soon as something doesn't go their way. Sexual references just make you look even more childish. It also suggests laziness, especially if you just steal an existing character's name and add a letter (Arthasx). Special characters make the laziness more apparent because you can't be bothered to come up with something else. It also makes you appear stubborn because you won't give up on that name and will use special characters that typically don't even equal the letter you replaced. It's rather sad how many can't come up with names that fit into the world. My characters:
    Dyra
    Lumera
    Zaralyn
    Jasalyn
    Jumi
    Mitara
    Linora
    Lanyra
    Sartella
    Saramirel
    Laradel
    Alavenya
    Lavenya
    Tymena
    Venica
    Laveniel
    Ranial
    Fizzi
    Lanera
    Hanishra
    Taslana
    Arvalia
    Trisana
    Chuli
    Talaena
    Timaya
    Masande
    Tavatera
    Zaqura (had her before the new My Little Pony launched and the zebra was introduced although her name is Zakura)
    Evanaeas
    Vaelana

Many of those characters have been created post-Cata. It's not that hard to come up with names. Play with syllables. Pull apart names and rearrange syllables. Anduin = an du in. Anasterian = an a ster i an (among other ways you can break it down). Andarian = Anduin + a + Anasterian OR Anduin + Varian. Evan = ev an, William = will i am, Alexander = al ex an der. Eviander. Aliev. Alexian.

Names are important because they tell other players a lot about you before you even speak. Perhaps people should be more weary of what names they choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post

Pro Tip: Think before you post.

SO to be clear.

User brings up a topic, people yell at him to use the search function.

User uses search function and posts something relevant continuing an old thread which has actually had some conversation to it and somehow he is still wrong.

Seems to me that the relevant post that spawns discussion is not a malicious necro, but instead a proper use of the search function. you are just trying to sound important but coming off as a tool.

Deleted
    With names like that you will always have a chance to get reportet and banned. As blizzard writes to you "repent and turn in yourself, and we cool bro" .. I bet that if you get banned in the future, because you didn't repent, you might get punished harder ..

10+ Year Old Account
    People with stupid char names should get banned.

Well done Blizz.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

The discussion about the redundancy of names made me look into the quantity of other players using the names I use. I do have a couple that are near 200, but Also a couple that no one else in Azeroth is using, which is something I rather like.

On subject, while I personally dislike most attempts at "clever" names, I've never once felt obligated to report them. I am guilty of assuming the worst of the player behind Lolsukkzornewbz, but personal experience has played out that any type of player can have any type of name. But I've never reported on name alone. Actions speaker louder than words, yadda yadda.

there is children in game, your name was "sexually meaning", im happy blizzard care enough to remove name like yours