Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I know ill be using the DPS set atleast on my prot warrior :P

Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    All tank boni across the classes seem to be rather lacking with the only exception being Paladin 2P (Casting Word of Glory or Eternal Flame also grants you 40% additional block chance for 5 sec per Holy Power.) Regulary i looked forward to completing my set but this tier and the next are rather unappealing for the bonus sake. But to be fair having a 30% (glyphed) victory rush avaible for 20 seconds isn't to shabby but as stated before it's totally unreliable.
    The 2pc is amazing (actually, it depends on how long VR is active) and the 4pc isn't... well, terrible at least.

Keep in mind Prot Warriors are pretty much going to have insane scaling in T15, I'd even say scaling issues because in heroic T15 gear we'll get awfully close to crit block cap.

Deleted
    I really really like the prot bonus!
    2pc: A 100 % increased impending victory is damn strong. Especially with the change in 5.2 (now 15 % heal for impending victory). Thats a 210k heal (30 % on a 700k lifepool).
    4pc: Don't even know where to start with this great bonus. Demo shout is on a 1 minute cooldown and already provides 20 % reduction. 50 % more rage is huge. With this bonus demo shout comes close to a shieldwall. Even the old avatar only had 30 % increased rage generation on a 3 minute cooldown and 20 sec duration. The 4 pc demo shout is so much better. Especially with even more mastery in T15, the prot warrios seems to become very nice
    I think they will nerf the 4pc before it goes live. It's imo just too good.

Quote Originally Posted by Requiel View Post
    arms is balanced around not having a large enrage up time so giving it the same proc chance as SMF would make it OP.
    was only comparing SMF vs TG, never asked for arms to have the same ammount of procs as SMF, but TG should have roughtly the same number of procs per minute as SMF, else it would cause alot of problems.
    but on the other hand would be fun if SMF would relie on haste and mastery instead of crit, if this 2p bonus has a massive procrate for SMF.

Deleted
    Love the dps set bonuses.
    What I now would like to see is arms being competitive against fury.

Deleted
    I think the prot bonus are fairly good and well thought off. About the 2-set, right now it is balanced around the improved Impending Victory (15%). If only buffed it to 20% (with the old 10%) nobody will pick Impending when the bonus already gives a 20% victory rush by itself. With the 30%, if it doesn't reset the CD, impeding victory with the 2-set is more or less the same regen as picking enraged regen and having the 2-set (depends on your luck and the number enemies, revenge spam-> victory rush spam). And the 4-bonus is really well designed. When do you use Demo Shout? a) some skill of the boss requires it b) you are rage starved/with shield block on CD. It's a minor CD, so most of the times, b). In either choice, these are the moments when you do need more rage, either to Shield Barrier moar the boss skill, or to Shield Barrier while having enough rage to keep Shield Blocking once it's out of CD.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2013-01-10 at 08:30 PM.

Keep in mind that Victory Rush is free while Impending Victory has a 10-rage cost. That needs to be considered.

Deleted
    bad for arms, great for fury

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the prot 4pc bonus. But that's from a HC 25man raiders standpoint.
    ~200k Proc heals are nice, and will also make soloing easier. Nothing amazing here, just a generic set bonus filler
    The increased rage generation on targets with demo shout is great. If you've got demo shout up, you obviously needed some sort of damage reduction, and now you'll be generating extra rage so you can either use some fatter shield barriers, or maintain both barrier and sblock for 10 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiel View Post
    arms is balanced around not having a large enrage up time so giving it the same proc chance as SMF would make it OP.
    True, but outside of pure damage enrage does nothing for arms, unlike fury. It could be one way to help close the gap between the specs.

It seems the 2p made the Impending victory mandatory but the 4pc is only active for 10s every minute so on an average fight of 6-8 minutes your getting about a minute to a minute and a half of 50% increased rage which as long as you manage your rage properly now just means you can blow a few more shield barriers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard said the 2p DPS will have a 1.6 PPM for arms and a .6 for fury, and will do everything normal enrage does (RB proc, 10 rage, damage). 1.6 PPM for arms will mean it's up for around ~10 extra seconds per minute as arms? Of course with Berserker rage and normal procs being higher anyway, due to more crit in 5.2, I'm not sure how large a DPS increase this will be, especially compared to the current 2p.

On my last fight of Heroic Feng as arms, I had an uptime of 48.6% on enrage. If we assumed there were 0 overwrites of a current buff, that'd be an extra 15 seconds per minute, or 25% extra uptime. Considering it'll probably overwrite, assuming a 50% uptime base, that means it'll add around an extra 7.5 seconds per minute, not huge, but not terrible. This'll only make RNG a larger factor though, instead of being a constant increase like the current 2p is, and I don't like that.

I accidentally my math, derping and going off 10 second enrage, instead of 6 second. Still the basic idea is the same, since enrage is up half of the time already, this set will effictivly be slightly over half of what the PPM rate is, due to overwrites and refreshes, mitigated by the fact that Brage can be popped anytime, although even that can be refreshed.
    Last edited by Darkfriend; 2013-01-11 at 09:12 AM.

Am I the only one that isn't too sure about the prot 4p bonus? It doesn't seem too powerful to me. Demo Shout has a 10 second uptime, assuming you get pretty lucky and fit, for exmaple, 2 SS's, and 3 Revenges, counting in the increase from auto attacks, it's really only ~55 rage over 10 seconds, which is barely enough for much of anything.

It would be interesting if you ended up going 2p dps, and 2p tank this tier, depending on what the PPM for the dps set is for prot.

Deleted
    0.6 PPM makes 2p dps bonus sooo underwhelming for fury

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Am I the only one that isn't too sure about the prot 4p bonus? It doesn't seem too powerful to me. Demo Shout has a 10 second uptime, assuming you get pretty lucky and fit, for exmaple, 2 SS's, and 3 Revenges, counting in the increase from auto attacks, it's really only ~55 rage over 10 seconds, which is barely enough for much of anything.

It would be interesting if you ended up going 2p dps, and 2p tank this tier, depending on what the PPM for the dps set is for prot.
    Well, if arms is 1,4 and fury 0,6, let's say 1ppm on prot. That's 10 rage/min and +1% damage at best. I don't think it can compete.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsm View Post
    0.6 PPM makes 2p dps bonus sooo underwhelming for fury
    Yeah, especially considering the increasing crit levels in T15 that make the enrage uptime and amount of RB procs significantly higher by default.

I didn't read that as 0.6 PPM but 0.6 proc chance. If its 0.6PPM then it'll be useless. Cause that would mean around 1 RB extra every 2min. So pretty sure its based on a proc chance and not a PPM.

Deleted
    Well, luckily it is ppm. Being a 0.6 proc will make it even worse:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The DPS Warrior 2T15 bonus has a RealPPM rate of 1.6 for Arms and 0.6 for Fury. It triggers all of the effects of enraging, including generating a Raging Blow charge, and 10 rage.
    Anyways, it's probably not 0.6, but 0.6x2, a proc each 50 seconds. Main hand and off-hand independent.

Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    Well, luckily it is ppm. Being a 0.6 proc will make it even worse:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The DPS Warrior 2T15 bonus has a RealPPM rate of 1.6 for Arms and 0.6 for Fury. It triggers all of the effects of enraging, including generating a Raging Blow charge, and 10 rage.
    Anyways, it's probably not 0.6, but 0.6x2, a proc each 50 seconds. Main hand and off-hand independent.
    That's ridiculous. It's not a weapon enchant, so handedness is meaningless. There's absolutely no chance it's 0.6x2.

Deleted
    They have no technical limitation at all to make it so, whether it's a weapon enchant or not. We are all going on assumptions, yours is that it's likely that the 2-bonus will proc 1 time each 1:40 mins?