LastLast

LoL: Top 5 Champions dominating the current Meta

I've seen recently in a blog wherein,

1) Rumble
    2) Zyra
    3) Amumu
    4) Ezreal
    5) Taric

are said to be dominating. What are your thoughts? Is this pretty accurate?

Deleted
    Seema pretty good but I'm not sure if zyra and rumble are dominating tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by alteam View Post
    Seema pretty good but I'm not sure if zyra and rumble are dominating tbh.
    Who do you think are the champions that are currently dominating?

Deleted
    Not on my elo. (1100)

Quote Originally Posted by bennyrosso View Post
    Not on my elo. (1100)
    Pretty nice stat dude.

I'll fix this list for you:
    1) Evelynn
    2) Rammus
    3) TF
    4) MF
    5) Rumble

Bonus sleeper: Sejuani, wait for it.
    Last edited by Obsession; 2013-01-10 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
    I'll fix this list for you:
    1) Evelynn
    2) Rammus
    3) TF
    4) MF
    5) Rumble

Bonus sleeper: Sejuani, wait for it.
    Thanks but where did you get your stats?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yippykayay View Post
    Who do you think are the champions that are currently dominating?
    1- evelyn
    2- ryze
    3- amumu
    4- cho gat
    5- blitzcrankzomg

1200 elo
    Last edited by mmoc4e1f8a6749; 2013-01-10 at 10:13 AM.

By dominating current meta I would not say rumble or zyra? Are you looking at win rate stats? if so Id understand why rumble is there, he is a champion that generally few play but those who do play are very good with him, thus increasing the chance of high win % or that is how I see it as well. Zyra also would have a good win % on sites like Lolking due to her support been so hard to deal with in lower levels of play such as pre-lvl 30 and under 1.4k elo(and above that it is hard as well, but below that I'd assume people have much more trouble with her).

In the current meta the champions that get pick up all the time are generally
    1)Eve
    2)Amumu
    3)Ezreal
    4)Lee sin
    5)maybe MF
    All these champions work really well with current meta and get played heavily in all elo in levels of play. Also it is no secert that Eve works perfectly as both a solo queue and team champion, same with amumu. Also I think one big thing that needs to be considered is more the type of champion currently dominating the meta, the 2 big dominating factors in the meta atm for me are. Good AoE champions Eve, mf etc and bruisers mid such as talon who are not designed to be a late game power house, but instead are designed around destroying weak early game mids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    By dominating current meta I would not say rumble or zyra? Are you looking at win rate stats? if so Id understand why rumble is there, he is a champion that generally few play but those who do play are very good with him, thus increasing the chance of high win % or that is how I see it as well. Zyra also would have a good win % on sites like Lolking due to her support been so hard to deal with in lower levels of play such as pre-lvl 30 and under 1.4k elo(and above that it is hard as well, but below that I'd assume people have much more trouble with her).

1)Eve
    2)Amumu
    3)Ezreal
    4)Lee sin
    5)maybe MF
    All these champions work really well with current meta and get played heavily in all elo in levels of play. Also it is no secert that Eve works perfectly as both a solo queue and team champion, same with amumu. Also I think one big thing that needs to be considered is more the type of champion currently dominating the meta, the 2 big dominating factors in the meta atm for me are. Good AoE champions Eve, mf etc and bruisers mid such as talon who are not designed to be a late game power house, but instead are designed around destroying weak early game mids.
    Add in Katarina in there :P

Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post

1)Eve
    2)Amumu
    3)Ezreal
    4)Lee sin
    5)maybe MF
    Just saw that article in a blog and I am quite surprise with the list. That is why I am asking others if they do agree on that.

You have raised a very good point. As what Kseux said, add Katarina in there.

eve
    amumu
    lee sin
    MF
    Kha'zix

kha'zix is the single strongest champion in the game right now that isn't getting dick punched currently on the pbe(eve ). he's the strongest clean up champion in competitive play.

Deleted
    Since i dont give two fucks about champs beeing op there isnt much i can tell to this.
    But i sure have a list of champs that are always or nearly always picked if not banned.

1. Amumu
    2. Katarina
    3. Kha'Zix
    4. Ezreal (like always)
    5. Eve

Thats based on my experience, of course.

Ya I probably should have said eve/kata as they play the same sort of role. Aoe, insanely mobile, roam like crazy, but I feel eve just does her job, but better. But ofc kata's ability to snowball a team fight is only comparable to Yi's

'mumu is banned like 99.9% of the time in ranked, so I guess he's dominating in blind / draft pick

Pretty much the Eve, MF, Khazix have guaranteed top 5 ... the rest is not that clear imho. Amumu is solid pick, but I wouldn't go as fas as saying it's top 5. Maybe if he wasn't permabanned we would know more. Same goes for Malph.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Why MF...? I see her fairly often but I wouldn't say she dominates? Solid AD carry pick she may be, I see her snowball and dominate far less often then Ezreals, Graves, and Corkis.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    Why MF...? I see her fairly often but I wouldn't say she dominates? Solid AD carry pick she may be, I see her snowball and dominate far less often then Ezreals, Graves, and Corkis.
    it's not so much MF alone as the MF/sona mf/amumu or MF kayle combos. anything where the enemy team is locked down or MF is safe via bubble and can get a full ult off. MF's build black cleaver, bloodthirster, and LW, and ult kills everyone immediately.

Deleted
    Taric is one of the weakest supports outside of laning phase imo, don't see how he dominated.

Taric's Lane dominance is what makes him a top 5. A good Taric can basically feed his ADC kill/zone opposing ADC out etc.. Secondly, Taric is a good roaming support, just helping lanes with ganks while your jungler is in another lane.