Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmagoz View Post
    Taric is one of the weakest supports outside of laning phase imo, don't see how he dominated.
    Dat aura? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    Why MF...? I see her fairly often but I wouldn't say she dominates? Solid AD carry pick she may be, I see her snowball and dominate far less often then Ezreals, Graves, and Corkis.
    She has strong early game, good wave clear and huge presence in fights just with her R late game. Amumu does not snowball that hard either, just overall strong champ.

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 12:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lovecraft View Post
    Taric's Lane dominance is what makes him a top 5. A good Taric can basically feed his ADC kill/zone opposing ADC out etc.. Secondly, Taric is a good roaming support, just helping lanes with ganks while your jungler is in another lane.
    Taric is solid (and super boring), but I don't think he is above nunu. Rank 5 blood boil is something like 3k gold worth item bonus. It helps hyper carries immensly. Also consume lets you do some silly things in jungle. ADc + nunu can steal red together at lvl 1 for example.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Taric is just undervalued. He has:

A heal
    1.5 second ranged stun
    An armor aura that gives 30 armor to his team at max rank, and an additional 30 to himself
    He can use that additional armor to shred the enemies' armor for the same amount (which is MASSIVE burst damage with an ADC)
    His ulti also gives him 70(!) AD AND AP for 10 seconds at max rank, his allies get half of that (35 AD+AP for the whole team is really good), it also does decent damage
    He also has a really high base AD

If you and your ADC stun someone, and you use Shatter+ulti, they are almost guaranteed to die, unless they blow Flash or get some lucky help.

Couple that with items, and you have the ultimate team-fighting machine.
    I'm not saying he's always the best, but he is severly underestimated.
    Last edited by NotValidAnymore; 2013-01-11 at 11:08 AM.

I love that i play none of those champions and i still own

Of those i only find amumu and rumble to be great...

$#%& the meta! Go the way you like it
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Taric is solid (and super boring), but I don't think he is above nunu. Rank 5 blood boil is something like 3k gold worth item bonus. It helps hyper carries immensly. Also consume lets you do some silly things in jungle. ADc + nunu can steal red together at lvl 1 for example.
    You want to talk super boring Nunu is that. It is super safe and can be extremely aggressive with the right ADC (Draven/Cait/Vayne/MF)

Quote Originally Posted by lovecraft View Post
    You want to talk super boring Nunu is that. It is super safe and can be extremely aggressive with the right ADC (Draven/Cait/Vayne/MF)
    I won't dispute that, both Nunu and Taric have boring ability set. But Taric non skill shot heal + extra armor + non skill shot stun wins this fight I think. Nunu can play around with his bb and snowball and ult at least.

It's always fun to land good ultis with Nunu though.

Had to support a shite Kog'maw in blind pick, their support and my Kog dying in a fight. I ran into a bush and their Caitlyn followed with less than half health.

BOOM. Dead. :3

Ezreal, Amumu, Olaf, Eve, Leona.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StNimrod View Post
    Ezreal, Amumu, Olaf, Eve, Leona.
    Still need a semi-competent team with Leona, you just don't do any damage from mid-game forward to be able to put up with any of the champs your team fed.

Derp, thought this was the other thread.
    Last edited by mmoca2e031eea5; 2013-01-11 at 09:35 PM.

Deleted
    Zyra is meh she isnt dominating much

10+ Year Old Account
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    I am gonna agree on Eve and Khaz at least. The former is getting nerfed, and I think the latter will be getting nerfed soon as well. He hits extremely hard and has stupid high mobility and range. Both are considered "free ELO" champs atm.

Ez is good but I don't see him dominating, same with MF. I actually think the ADC role is somewhat balanced right now. The rest I dunno.
    Light or darkness...which are you blinded by?

I feel like Ez snowballing is more because experienced players rising from elo where they don't belong are likely to pick him. But compared to s2 where you had Ez, Graves, Corki most ADc are viable in S3. It's questionable if some ADc&support combos are not out of line. Nunu+late game carry like Kog or Cait are pretty strong combos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Caitlyn is hardly a 'late game' champ. She has no steroids to speak of and the only redeeming feature is her long-ish range. Even then several other ADs outrange her.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Caitlyn is hardly a 'late game' champ. She has no steroids to speak of and the only redeeming feature is her long-ish range. Even then several other ADs outrange her.
    Have you played against full item Cait with BB ? No matter, to quite Doublelift for example ...

You're going to see a lot more hypercarries like Kog, Trist, Cait, Twitch who do absolutely nothing but stall the game until they get 6 items.
    I don't think Cait or Twitch do nothing early, but they sure do hell of a lot when they got full build. Games usually end before that point, but if not ... that's why you call them hypercarriers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    She is a lategame champs, her range is sick and she is one of the safest ADs. Several ADs dont outrange her, trist does but she is so useless midgame anyways. Even her laning phase isnt that great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you played against full item Cait with BB ? No matter, to quite Doublelift for example ...

I don't think Cait or Twitch do nothing early, but they sure do hell of a lot when they got full build. Games usually end before that point, but if not ... that's why you call them hypercarriers.
    They're AD Carries. If they don't scale with items, they're useless. The only reason Cait is viable lategame is because of Nunu keeping her up to speed. Quite simply, Cait has one of the lowest damage outputs of all AD carries.

10+ Year Old Account
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    I would call Vayne a lategame champion, or Trist or Twitch, but not Cait. Cait's laning phase is about as easy as it gets for me to work with, she feels made for it and is the only ADC I have sucessfully 1 vs 2'd a lane with (I didn't *win* my lane, but I didn't lose and got a few kills even). Passive for last hitting on minions or adding up on an opponent, Q for clearing, W for zoning/anti-turret diving pressure, E is a good escape vs a jungler, and if they get low they won't get away from her Ult, not even Ez or Trist. Her late game is bad but games won't always go that far. Despite that, I have more fun in lane with Nunu as Vanye than anyone else. Vayne's W passive + Bloodboil just melts everything, and the extra + to movement makes the extra positioning she needs for her low range + E really easy to do.

Cait's range helps make up for when your team is badly positioned (very likely for me), or to ult a runner at the end, but I have a hard time carrying with her in extended games where everyone gets to max level vs pretty much any other champion I am competent with. I'd prefer Trist by then for range, or pretty much anyone else for damage by that time. Cait will make ganking her team at Baron hell though, or anywhere she has time to set up her snares, but lategame that just doesn't happen a lot.
    Last edited by Kenai; 2013-01-14 at 06:28 PM.
    Light or darkness...which are you blinded by?

Deleted
    I won't dispute that, both Nunu and Taric have boring ability set. But Taric non skill shot heal + extra armor + non skill shot stun wins this fight I think. Nunu can play around with his bb and snowball and ult at least.
    Not that much on both. I feel if Nunu was destroyed or nerfed hard game would be much better. Couldn't really say that about Taric, as he could still serve as counterpick to AD heavy comp, which at least adds something to game.

I think that by destroying those automatic support abilities, variety in selection could be much richer. For example I have my favorite comp with friends where we usually have Lulu top and me as Syndra bot doing kills. You would however not do that to dominate because failing to snowball bot makes the comp automatically subpar (no free auras, no free attack speed...), and people always rage when you propose something that is not safe meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was also going to defer to LoLking, but was going to just list characters from each lane.

Top: Talon (55.6% win rate)
    Mid: Evelynn (55.45% win rate, but 84.73% ban rate), otherwise Twisted Fate (54.2% win rate, 14.85% ban rate), otherwise Zyra (52.23% win rate)
    Jungle: Amumu (55.48% win rate, but 60.58% ban rate), otherwise Shaco (54.64% win rate, but 26.9% ban rate), otherwise Fiddlesticks (53.48% win rate)
    Support: Taric (55.19% win rate)
    ADC: Miss Fortune (54.91% win rate)
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1