Thread: Resto T15 Bonus

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Resto T15 Bonus

So Blizz wants to buff our passive healing. What do you think about it? How do you see it compared to the other healing classes set bonuses?

My first thoughts:

2x T15: this is a flat 50% buff to our HST and with HST being one of our strongest tools for overall healing this should push our overall healing quite strongly. Maybe this set bonus isn't very spectacular but in the end, the numbers are what counts.

4x T15: now this one sounds pretty interesting if not overwhelming to me. 20% is quite a high chance to proc. I just wonder if the 2 set-bonus will contribute more to our overall healing.

TLDR: nothing spectacular but a passive buff to our overall healing without have to do something for it
    Last edited by Madhoof; 2013-01-10 at 08:57 AM.
    R.A.I.D - Resto at its destiny

Deleted
    Anything is better than the current 4pc. I look forward to using 2t14+2t15 during progression, will be very strong.

i'm not sure how i feel about the 2 piece , yes healing stream totem is useful , i do especially like it spreading its little 10% less spell damage taken around on fights with AOE magic damage but im a little underwhelmed. Perhaps if it affected all healing totems to add an extra target to our tide at 50% as well or perhaps if the heal also procc'ed the glyph turning healing stream into a 10 man survivability tool (popped down 4-5 seconds before a big burst of magic damage can help mitigate 6 odd targets damage by 10%)

A Pure numbers increase in healing its as exciting as magnolia paint i'd be more excited about a 1% raw numbers healing boost on healing wave

well this a bit will help with our spread healing these bonuses are ok but not amazing ( want t 13 4 set so i can use as ele again

Quote Originally Posted by Madhoof View Post
    So Blizz wants to buff our passive healing. What do you think about it? How do you see it compared to the other healing classes set bonuses?

My first thoughts:

2x T15: this is a flat 50% buff to our HST and with HST being one of our strongest tools for overall healing this should push our overall healing quite strongly. Maybe this set bonus isn't very spectacular but in the end, the numbers are what counts.

4x T15: now this one sounds pretty interesting if not overwhelming to me. 20% is quite a high chance to proc. I just wonder if the 2 set-bonus will contribute more to our overall healing.

TLDR: nothing spectacular but a passive buff to our overall healing without have to do something for it
    50% increase to a spell that costs zero mana, yes please

Not bad. 2P Should be quite usefull especially in 10 man HST is around 15% of my total healing.

I hope they keep them.

Looks like we will actually have a usefull 4 pc now.

Time to roll for the set tokens again and not automatically pass them to someone that makes better use of it.

Seems too RNG, i want something I can control

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    50% increase to a spell that costs zero mana, yes please
    "Your Healing Stream Totem now heals an additional target for 50% of its normal amount."

I'm confused, wouldn't it just heal one extra target for 50% of the normal amount? Surely it's not 50% on an extra target every time it ticks? 50% on every tick seems too good to me, but then again (for those that use the glyph) it'll likely be recalled before the extra tick is complete. Am I misunderstanding something?

Edit: I guess it would be every tick, bonuses seems pretty nice then especially for those in 10 man.
    Last edited by mmoc655d7a65ff; 2013-01-10 at 05:12 PM.

Boring but useful. 2-piece seems quite strong and 4-piece seems good. Gladly take it after t14 bonuses. Edit: Missed that it healed a separate target making the 2-piece better than I thought previously.

15+ Year Old Account
    @Ayriael: I understood it as "an additional 50% heal every tick"; I never thought about it could be meant as "a single heal with the amount of 50% of the oervall healing" since there was no description about when that heal occurs (e.g. when putting down the totem or with the last tick)
    R.A.I.D - Resto at its destiny

Deleted
    Yeah, initially I thought it was just one extra tick but it seems more in line with some other healers 2 sets if it does it every tick. Even though it's not really that interesting or exciting (either of our bonuses) I really do like them.

Meh. The T15 bonuses are complete garbage. If I continue playing my Shaman, I'm going Disc priest because I'm tired of Blizz being ok with resto shaman being nearly useless in 10m raids. Say all you want about what I'm saying, but when you're progressing through heroic 10 mans and people are spread out getting wrecked and you have to single target 75% of the content, we're useless. 50% of a 25K-30K heal (base) one a second person per tick, yay, I'll pass on it. In fact, depending on drops, in 10m progression I would prefer to just go with as much mastery as possible and slowly transition into crit / haste as the raid gears up.

The new 2 piece is very good in 10 mans. In fights that are spread out(where I can't use HR), healing stream accounts for 20-25% of my healing. That's for a spell that costs no mana if you do it right. Buffing that number by 50% is huge. I'm glad there is a good 2 piece, because quite frankly, the 4 piece T14 is useless. I don't understand why blizzard nerfed it so heavily.

Yeah, obviously gonna be a lot of love for our 2pc since we all love our HST, and this makes it one and a half times as effective. More LB spam for us, yaaaaay!

4pc isn't bad at all, I still get plenty of GHW that don't crit (we all know that feeling where the tank is at 20% and the god damn GHWs won't crit), so this could be really useful too. 20% isn't low, and god knows I spam my HW for funsies.

If both are smart heals, then these are pretty decent by themselves. Still think Ele's 2pc wins out in coolness, but for usefulness we're not getting the crappy end of the deal. Priests have to deal with a slow moving (hopefully overhealing) apparition as their 4pc, suckers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryokosan View Post
    If I continue playing my Shaman, I'm going Disc priest because I'm tired of Blizz being ok with resto shaman being nearly useless in 10m raids.
    Ok, so first off this sentence doesn't even make sense. I do see what you are trying to say but I have to disagree. If you are solely looking at meters then you may have the correct thought process. Meters do not really mean too much to a healer, if your guild kills the boss that's all that really matters. Now shamans output is a little lower than it should be but its not shit at all you have the most utility of any healer and the most amount of cool downs to counteract huge chunks of damage.

You job is to keep people alive and shaman have the biggest tool box to do so. Stop your crying or continue to cry roll disc priest then cry in their forums after the 5.2 nurf to shell
    Last edited by Lostep; 2013-01-10 at 10:31 PM.
    - Lostep -

Quote Originally Posted by Biotics83 View Post
    Meters do not really mean too much to a healer, if your guild kills the boss that's all that really matters.
    So if the boss dies and the healing meters read "Disc priest- 40% Holy pally - 40% Rsham- 10% Blood DK - 10%" that doesn't matter too much?

Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    So if the boss dies and the healing meters read "Disc priest- 40% Holy pally - 40% Rsham- 10% Blood DK - 10%" that doesn't matter too much?
    Then u must go and l2p shaman. we have lower numbers but we have low overhealing compare to other healers our numbers drop each week because all gwt more gear and understand fights beter so we have less to heal . i heal together with hpal he now on farm out heals me because i have less to heal in sted i spam lvb and lbs

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    Don't know where you get those numbers from, I'm guessing you are pulling them out of thin air or some other bodily orifice, but they make no sense. I heal in with that setup Disc/Pala/Sham (ok no DK tank) and it's never 40-40-10. On the worst encounters when we 3 heal some normal mode the difference with all that shielding and absorbing is around 10%. On most other encounters we 2/3 heal depending on hc/norm/encounter the difference is never that great. On most of them it's rarely more then around 2% between each healer so from top to bottom perhaps around 5%; some encounters are obviously worse. But never as bad as in your imagination the numbers to be. Do they suck at healing? No. Am I superduperawesome? No. We all have about the same gear (~500 ilev) The difference just isn't that great as you imagine it to be.

The worst so far, this week, was some 3 heal normal mode where the difference between the disc/pala and the sham was 13%. Why do we 3 heal them? Cause we are lazy and we don't need the extra dps so we dont bother changing spec.

Would I like it to be even closer? Sure. But it is what it is and you adapt to it. I'm guessing if they (blizz) didn't have to take shaman pvp healing into account and tweak for that they might be able to make is closer and more even. But still with this sort of setup the shaman mastery becomes a bit meh! since people don't drop down to much due to their double hitting of both heal and shield. Perhaps we'll see a difference when 5.2 rolls around.

To get back on topic:
    T15:2: seems interesting. Stream is a fair chunk (12-15%) of healing with fairly low (10-20%) overheal.
    T15:4: somewhat less interesting really. eartliving is just around 4% of my healing for an entire evening of raid with a horrible 50-60% overheal.

2xT14, 2xT15 seems to be the ticket really.
    Last edited by looorg; 2013-01-11 at 06:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does the 4pc follow all the same proc rules as Ancestral Awakening, just works on noncrits, or can it proc from Chain Heal jumps and Healing rain?... if I'm not mistaken, they're direct heals.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.