Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Latest PTR changes

Warrior (Forums, Talent Calculator)
    •Defensive Stance now decreases damage taken by 15%, down from 25%.
    •Impending Victory now heals you for 15% of your maximum health, up from 10%.
    •Second Wind - Whenever you are below 35% health, you regenerate 3% health per second, up from 2%.

Talents
    •Impending Victory now heals you for 15% of your maximum health, up from 10%.
    •Second Wind - Whenever you are below 35% health, you regenerate 3% health per second, up from 2%.

Arms
    •Slam now does 220% weapon damage plus 2,193, up from 190% weapon damage plus 1,894.

Fury
    •Bloodsurge now reduces the Rage cost by 30 of your next 3 Wild Strikes, up from 20 Rage.

Protection
    •Unwavering Sentinel now increases the damage reduction of Defensive Stance by 10%.

I like those changes, although I'm not sure why they're going back to 3% Second Wind. Seems unneccessary with the Victory Rush/Impending Victory changes, as well as the T15 2P Bonus. An active self-healing model is much better than our old pure passive model. I could live with a 2% SW in that case.

Other than that, it's mostly buffs, with a minor (but justified) PVP nerf.

Deleted
    I approve. The reason Second Wind is rolled back up is because 2% was tested and it's amazing what diffrence 1% does. With 2% and the recent buffs to some classes, Warriors fell behind majorly. BUT seeing how the battle fatigue in PvP now affects Second Wind, Second Wind will remain fully viable in PvE and still moderately effective in PvP.

What went to show during testing (Was testing myself) is Second Wind is actualy amazingly balanced, the counters to it are just not super obvious to everyone, so they tried reducing it. Impending Victory is becomming more attractive - granted - but Second Wind should be 3%. Keep in mind, the rage gen from stun is still reduced, it's only the healing.

People just needed to be shown that Second Wind was nowhere near as overpowered as the forums cried for. Can't imagine any informed players complaining about the reinstatement of the +1% =)

Oh, and it's very encouraging to see Warriors getting an incentive again to stop trotting around defensive stance in PvP. If you ask me, they could've made it 10% total with 15% buff while being protection specced. A Warrior should optimally not be trotting around defensive stance unless protection specced. When FC'ing it will now give a fine advantage, but you're not required to be stuck in defensive to gain an edge.
    Last edited by mmoc1f48e0f23e; 2013-01-10 at 08:25 AM.

The Defensive Stance change was absolutely correct. It makes for a lot more balance than a reduction of 1% healing through Second Wind. It's a lot more balanced now.

The Set Bonuses for Arms/Fury on the other hand, absolutely atrocious. Arms has a lot less autoattacks than Fury, and it's chance is going to be a lot less. Furthermore, Fury has Flurry and 2x weapons which means there's going to be a lot more chances to Enrage. For SMF the bonus is better than for the other specs.

The 4pc bonus makes no sense at all. Skull Banner is used more as a Raid CD than as a personal CD. Adding a Critical chance boost to it makes it even more ridiculous that we should use it as a Raid CD. Stupid bonuses.

Look at the other class set bonuses, so much better.

About time they lookced at defensive stance tbh, I've got no idea what it means for Raid tanks, but PvP wise it's a good change, perhaps they should just make it 15% for dmg from other players?

The combination of 25% dmg reduction, + 2nd wind + other CD's was just too good, and defensive stance at 25% + 2nd wind alone was too good imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaljurei View Post
    The Set Bonuses for Arms/Fury on the other hand, absolutely atrocious. Arms has a lot less autoattacks than Fury, and it's chance is going to be a lot less. Furthermore, Fury has Flurry and 2x weapons which means there's going to be a lot more chances to Enrage. For SMF the bonus is better than for the other specs.

The 4pc bonus makes no sense at all. Skull Banner is used more as a Raid CD than as a personal CD. Adding a Critical chance boost to it makes it even more ridiculous that we should use it as a Raid CD. Stupid bonuses.
    the two set is actually really good, although arms has alot less auto attacks its not balanced around having a large enrage up time so having it procs off auto attack will increase its damage more than you think, SMF will get more RB procs and TG RB does more so its not as bad as you think. the four set requires someone to sacrifice their recklessness or you will need a warrior tank other than that its ok.

I think it was restored to 3% because it was too much with a global healing reduction that they did too? something like that.

Or maybe they just shifted that nerf into the defensive stance nerf

Def Stance only got nerfed for DPS specs.

These nerfs are really smart.

Deleted
    I like these changes a lot actually. Only thing that bothers me is the 2p DPS gear bonus because fury benefits way more from it than arms.

EDIT: Actually one more thing. They buffed Impending Victory and it also works well with 2p PROT bonus so they should really show Enraged Regen some love
    Last edited by mmoc905be6ae45; 2013-01-10 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellkung View Post

yea when i read that i was like OMG pls don't nerf my fc.. the shield barrier will hurt us alrdy.
    and they didn't:P almost planned on reroll druid...

Deleted
    The DPS 2 set bonus made me really happy when I saw it, Blizzard are at least attempting to counter the horrible RNG that can cripple Fury Warriors from time to time. At least now when you don't get an Enrage proc from CS or BT, the autoattacks between the two have a chance to allow RB to proc and make the rotation a little more fluid. I would like to have a figure attached to the 'chance' just to work out how often I'll still need to be smashing Beserker Rage to force an RB proc, but nevertheless a good bonus. I do think that it will take some adjusting, because I agree it benefits Fury (and SMF Fury in particular) massively over Arms, and forcing Warriors into going Fury once they pick up the 4set doesn't sound like good design to me.

The 4set I'm still on the fence about, at first glance it's nice to see we get a personal benefit from using it, but when you consider it's used most of the time as a raid CD, it doesn't feel like we're benefitting much when we can't line it up with other CD's we have. I'll have to see some math to make up my mind but overall, I'm happy with them.

imo 2p dps bonus should benefit mastery procs aswell for arms. otherwise its too far behind fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellkung View Post

pvp nerf, yes. doesn't affect pve much

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    pvp nerf, yes. doesn't affect pve much
    An on demand 25% damage reduction with no real cooldown for PvE is pretty insane.

Anyways while everybody saw the D Stance nerf coming, I would have much preferred if it was 25% with shields and 15% without. You still have the option of going very defensive for PvP and it doesn't change a thing for PvE/PvP Prot.

Buff to IV is very good, means PvE tanks can finally consider IV as a better option than SW/ER.

Great changes.

Two drawbacks:
    1) They want us to use Bloodsurge. But RB's DPE still higher than WS's DPE so we'll still use RB during CS. If they don't extend the duration of Bloodsurge we won't use it more than we currently do.

2) 2p bonus is awesome fore Fury spec, really awesome. But it's "meh" in Arms. Enraged is ~+10% damage in Arms when it's ~+50% damage in Fury. Not to mention Fury have more melee strikes (especially SMF) and if it allows RB procs...

This makes it ok for tanks.
    Protection
    Unwavering Sentinel now increases the damage reduction of Defensive Stance by 10%.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein

I completely love the 2 set for Fury. Can't wait for that tbh, with SMF it will rock our world I think. That tier I think we can aim for around 30-35% crit in raids, so our Enrage uptime will be awesome. Might put mastery a bit over crit after some points because of that?

The 4-set however seems meh, I'm not sure if I'll go for that as it makes Reck worse with a skull banner up.

It is over.
    Back to your mains comrades.

Deleted
    hope we are going to see some PvE arms changes. I just dont see how arms is ever going to be a competitve specc in a progress oriented raid environment. Especially considering the new changes to bloodsurge and the new set boni fury should benefit much more from it.

Quote Originally Posted by galvin View Post
    Yeah, GC answered my tweet! o/