10+ Year Old Account
    Edinburgh, Scotland. You know, that place with the castle.

5.2 - Possible New Archaeology Weapon, a Gun?

Hey guys,

Was just taking a wee look through Wowhead's 'latest additions' for items, spells and whatnot and came across an interesting set of weapons, all recolors of this gun.

What's interesting, aside from the awesome new model, is the title for them: Weapon - Firearm_2H_Rifle_Archaeology_D_01 - Black, also with appropriately named versions for Copper, Green and Red colour schemes.

While these all currently have no real implemented stats or proper naming, the brand new model along with its titling strongly hints towards archaeology getting a new weapon solve - in this case, a gun.

What's more, its appearance doesn't seem to fit either the Mogu or Pandaren, or even the Trolls - instead appearing to fit more with the Tol'vir or Nerubians...so a bit puzzled about that, and not really sure how and where it will fit in with what's going on in 5.2, if it does appear in 5.2 at all.

Anyways, now you're armed with this new knowledge, speculate away!
    Last edited by stuartj1992; 2013-01-10 at 08:44 AM.

Looks very much like Mantid! Perhaps we will see a mantid archaeology set?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

10+ Year Old Account
    Edinburgh, Scotland. You know, that place with the castle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    Looks very much like Mantid! Perhaps we will see a mantid archaeology set?
    Ooh that's a good thought, I totally didn't think about them...this could well be the case. Certainly doesn't fit in with any other faction in Pandaria and I can't see a good reason behind adding in even more weapons to the lower level archaeology factions.

Would be really nice to see them added as a faction for archy - plenty of places for dig-sites and they're certainly a very old culture with plenty of (new) lore behind them. It'd be cool to see them build on this lore within archeology items.

They could sneak it into Nerubian archaeology, they are related to Mantid afterall - Blizzard did it with the Scepter of Ajz'aqir before.

10+ Year Old Account
    It could also be pandaren or mogu for all we know.

Sure, it certainly looks mantid made, but you can find a quillboar artifact through dwarven archaeology. :P

Doesn't explain why there are 4 colors of it, all labeled Archaeology. It definitely looks Mantid though.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

That looks beautiful whatever the source, it would make sense for it to be Mantid but would they add in a set type now? they might put it into Nerubian or one like it to give us a reason go to back and visit zones that's not unlike blizz, hoping it'd be linked in with Pandaren or Mogu to get it while farming those pristine with ease.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

That gun IMO rivals Wolf Slayer for badass gun model.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Alas, sweet prince! You hath received thine own ass handed to ye.

New Dread Wastes item for Lost & Found since there are no ranged ones?
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Deleted
    I so hope it's archaeology rather tnan Lost & Found. No luck whatsoever so far with those rares but I thoroughly enjoy digging up artifacts!

Oh hey, look at front page.... Mantid Archaeology!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

15+ Year Old Account
    I think I am in love.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

If it's a gun, I am going to start playing my hunter again haha.