Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Never had any issues at all interrupting the menders. Are you hitcapped?

Never had interrupt issues on wind lord apart from the odd derp, and I am usually one of the primary interrupters.

No longer need to be hit capped for interrupts, believe this was changed sometime during cata?

never had any problems.
    make sure the one you're interrupting is in front of you / not out of range

Deleted
    Seems like it's a bug of sorts with RSA. It happened when another interrupter got to my add before I did. Case solved.

Quote Originally Posted by NotPrepared View Post
    What if you have no mass dispel for wind-lord? Which adds would you prefer to CC? We do have 2 paladins in the group who could hand of protection people out of the amber traps.
    Mass dispel isn't needed albeit it makes the fight alot easier. We had a 2 players, ele sham and hunter, on dispel duty with the hunter focusing on the boss and sham focusing on add (glyphed = 2 targets with 1 dispel).

The fight is about execution rather than a gear check and as such each person needs to handle his role near perfectly.

Interrupt all Mending (focus macro works wonders, and since the add always spawn in the same location you can assign each add to a specific interrupter), dispel all Quickening, don't die from Whirling Blade, implement CDs for rein of blades (not really needed if healers are quick at topping people off).

Like most of the guilds that did windlord, we cc'd all 3 trappers.

Dps priority was Menders > Boss > Blademasters > Boss > Menders > Boss till he's dead. The hardest part of the fight was when we had to kill the second set of menders.

Bc we had the ele sham on dispel duty we had the boss at around 10% before the last reck wore off.

I had to handle dispells at as mage before due to our priest not being able to make it on that night.... and it was awful, but managable.

Just prioritize dispelling the 3 blademasters or if rain of blades is about to go off, dispell the atleast 2 blademasters and the boss before rain happens.

With invocation you can get 3-4 spellsteals off and then evo. Not fun in the least but doable if no other choice.

We do also CC all 3 trappers. Menders -> Blade Lords -> Menders -> Blade Lords -> Boss dead. Everybody should use personal CDs on Korthik strike + it's great if you have a discipline priest with shields. Use raid CD on rain of blades during recklessness phase. And you should of course purge stacks created by menders.
    Using a mage to dispell is no good idea because for mages it costs a ton of mana. We have two priests actually so no problem :P

Deleted
    We are using a realy different stratedy.

2 CC on healer, 1 CC on Blade lords and focus trappers, then blade lors then trappers again.
    0 chance of getting killed on Korthik strike, only 1 CS required, 1 dispell. Trapper are useless if your raid know how to move fast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouletos View Post
    We are using a realy different stratedy.

2 CC on healer, 1 CC on Blade lords and focus trappers, then blade lors then trappers again.
    0 chance of getting killed on Korthik strike, only 1 CS required, 1 dispell. Trapper are useless if your raid know how to move fast.
    Works, but you don't really die to korthik strikes anyway. All you need is a minor cd, heck even without cds you survive if you're topped.

Deleted
    I have a question to Windlord HC.
    As I understood one type of adds is focused. Let's we would like to kill the menders first and assume all 3 trappers are cc'd. How should the DDs deal dmg? AoE or single target? A shadow could dot all 3 targets, but should DDs also use AoE spells similar to Mind Sear?

You have less of a chance of dying by taking the amber trappers out of the fight. The strike will not kill anybody as long as people are on top of dispels, if their job is to dispel but they want to pad the meter instead /2 LF <insert class here>, and tell them to find a new guild.

Garalon is a huge DPS check for most guilds and you should first get the kite order/rotation down first before you worry about a kill. The debuff lasts twice as long and it's important that you pass them before the crush happens. A few tips:

- Always make sure a healer ends up with it at 30% so you don't have to cut into some DPS.
    - At about 45% stop "killing" the legs and get them to about 30% and move on. Thus when he swaps over you can kill them and knock off a bunch of HP right at the start.
    - Make sure a healer is always with the melee that is running around as they will be out of range for most heals and will end up dying because of a crush.

I hope some of this helps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by samsine View Post
    I have a question to Windlord HC.
    As I understood one type of adds is focused. Let's we would like to kill the menders first and assume all 3 trappers are cc'd. How should the DDs deal dmg? AoE or single target? A shadow could dot all 3 targets, but should DDs also use AoE spells similar to Mind Sear?
    Dps should be aoeing down ads all the time unless boss is frenzied

If you aren't already, try doing Wind Lord with 1 tank. For us it worked quite well as long as your tank is good with active mitigation!

For Garalon, just optimize your kiting and keep an eye on crushes. You need alot of dps for him.
    Kunglight of Fractured - EU Twisting Nether
    Current progress 12/12 NM 1/12 HC

Best Advice I have on these 2 fights: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...ature=view_all
    Gamer, Nerd, Physicist. What more could you want?! Well fine, I have a youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaidyadvice and a stream: www.twitch.tv/shaidyadvice I'm currently spending my free time with the fine fellows and ladies over at Death and Taxes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Dps should be aoeing down ads all the time unless boss is frenzied
    If the adds are AoEd the whole time, don't the die pretty close to each other? Meaning for example the mendors/healers die, and the boss gets a buff. 5 secs later the blade-adds die, and the new buff is without sense. or does the buff stack?

Once the Menders die, you should immediately switch off to the boss and blow him up. Only incidental AoE damage that's part of a player's main rotation should be hitting the remaining adds at that point. If they're so close together that they die from that, then you need to focus the menders more closely.

Is it possible to solo the dispels as a Priest while spec'd healy? I've been bringing in an alt Priest that's geared like shit as Shadow so I can spam VT every now and then to keep up mana. I'd prefer to go in as a heal spec, as I'm barely doing ~115k effective DPS and feel utterly worthless outside of the dispels.

If you have a monk healer, Mel'jarak is a joke.. since you chain Recklessness, my eminence heals were keeping the full raid alive with the 600% damage buff and I ended the fight with 90k dps as a healer.

Key to this fight is to have reliable dispellers and interrupters.. that's it. 2 tank, 3 healed, it was a 3 shot.

Deleted
    why would you use 2 tanks on this fight ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by samsine View Post
    If the adds are AoEd the whole time, don't the die pretty close to each other? Meaning for example the mendors/healers die, and the boss gets a buff. 5 secs later the blade-adds die, and the new buff is without sense. or does the buff stack?
    There will be some direct damage on the menders, ideally you want the blademasters at ~20% when the menders die, this way they should be close to death when recklessness runs out and you can chain 2 recklessness buffs back to back, this is very useful as it means you can get full use of heroism/bloodlust with the boss buffed for 60 seconds straight; I believe we have the boss at about 25% when the second recklessness drops off.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have tried Wind Lord HC yesterday, before we've even tried Stone Guards HC

Edit: my raid group has 16/16 nh since one week and we're just starting heroic modes.
    I've read this thread and your comments about the Wind Lord motivated me to try it first before doing a boss in MSV hc, as our Heart of Fear raid was yesterday and MSV is on Monday or Tuesday.

He is definetly not really 'hard', and the majority of my raid group (including me as the raid leader) likes the heroic mechanic even more than the normal one. The Kor'thik strike also didn't cause many problems. We'd be happy about a second mass dispell but it's not really necessary.

Our healers were also "happy" with the damage of heroic Rain of Blades compared to the 3-stack-rain on normal mode.
    The tank damage is far more 'interesting', which is a good difference to the normal mode.

We've tried Wind Lord for not even an hour, got him to about 40%. Two adds group killed, then mostly wiped because of some wind bomb errors while picking up the respawning Blade Masters or Battle Menders.. So nothing difficult to fix

We're all confident to kill him next week when changing a few things, even before we've seen Stone Guards HC (though, we'll take a look at them on Tuesday). Haha.
    Last edited by Pippo89; 2013-01-18 at 09:09 AM.
    We are as God intended. Fallible, yet capable of great things.