Coming back to the class, a little hazy though

So I was a lock 2 years before reroll long to a healer in Firelands (long story). Anyway I'm coming back to locks, and I'm having major WTF moments. So far affliction I get, just need to tweak my timing. So my questions are:

Destro: what is the state of this? I'm guessing its still crit heavy?
    Demo: Best time to morph?
    Addons: any really good ones? (Besides WA)

I am currently a 502 iLvl MW monk, so all raid addons I have. I am in a server with an extreme lack of theorycrafting or anyone that's extremely knowledgable of anything other than our heavily populated classes like rogues and mages. Looking for any and all advice. Tyvm ^^

PS I did read the guides but sometimes they get either super wordy or have personal opinions others may reject.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyse View Post
    PS I did read the guides but sometimes they get either super wordy or have personal opinions others may reject.
    Well Brusalk has a Destro video guide in his signature that you can check for a very good run down of all things Destro. You might find it too "wordy" though, video is hour+ long. Demo we don't have anything much yet. Both Demo and Destro written guides are being worked on so we should have them sometime in the near future.

Addons for Affliction I'd most definitely check Affdots (in combination with OmniCC or the like for timers) it will give you the power of your dots compared to your current situation giving you a great tool to know if you should refresh them or not.
    Your Soul Shall Suffer! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

Quote Originally Posted by Wyse View Post
    So I was a lock 2 years before reroll long to a healer in Firelands (long story). Anyway I'm coming back to locks, and I'm having major WTF moments. So far affliction I get, just need to tweak my timing. So my questions are:

Destro: what is the state of this? I'm guessing its still crit heavy?
    Demo: Best time to morph?
    Addons: any really good ones? (Besides WA)

I am currently a 502 iLvl MW monk, so all raid addons I have. I am in a server with an extreme lack of theorycrafting or anyone that's extremely knowledgable of anything other than our heavily populated classes like rogues and mages. Looking for any and all advice. Tyvm ^^

Welcome back to Warlock. You'll find they are (arguably) better than ever for PvE. They are very enjoyable.

The state of destruction is not the greatest. It is running lower on the sims than both of the other specs and (in my personal opinion) a little more boring than the other specs to play. Personally, I haven't dabbled with Destruction too much, so I can't testify to it's raid performance. However, I do know that the stat priority is: Intellect > Hit (15%) > Mastery > Crit > Haste.

Demonology is also a wearker point for me, but I know enough about it to tell you how to metamorph. Basically, what you'll want to do is metamorph WITH trinket procs and other cooldowns like Darksoul or periods of increased damage in a raid or 5 man. Openers for Demonology still confuse me a bit, but you can definitely follow this rule: Pool Demonic Fury unless a trinket proc, Darksoul or other form of DPS boost is up. During this time, Metamorph and refresh Doom if the current one is stronger than the last and spam ToC until the proc is done. Revert back to caster form and repeat. If you find that you're nearly capping fury, you can switch in and ToC without procs. I like to sit between 800 and 900 fury while I wait for procs.