Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #121
    Scarab Lord Alenarien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Antrim, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    4,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    They wouldn't be at their mercy ,though they sure would have to use all their resources to withstand what Lor'themar is about to unleash.
    Again, that's a matter of opinion. For all we know the Kirin'tor might simply shrug off the assault and send the Forsaken/Sin'dorei packing once more. If that is there approach to trying to get back into Dalaran's good books and take their quarter back, I fear for their skills of diplomacy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It is in no way enough to consider them a different race. Do you have a canon source for the different skin colors, the only time I recall it was mentioned was in the rpg books, which are non canon.




    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5208785474

    Q: How did the blood elven fel eye glint become so widespread? The Warcraft Encyclopedia suggests that Rommath only taught the blood elves of Azeroth about how to siphon arcane magic, as most of the populace would likely be "horrified" if they knew the true extent of Kael’s dealings with Illidan.
    A: The situation regarding blood elf eyes is, in fact, extremely similar to that of the green skin of orcs: just being around heavy use of fel magic turned the eyes of the blood elves green. You could be the most pious of priests or most outdoorsy of Farstriders, chances are, if you were a high elf in Quel’Thalas or Outland following the Third War, you were around fel energies, and your eyes would turn green. Like the orcs’ skin color, such an effect would take a very long time to wear off. Fel magic works a bit like radiation in this sense; it permeates the area and seeps into anything in the vicinity. Anything near a source of fel magic shows signs of slight corruption, it just so happens that high elves and orcs manifest it in a very visual way.
    Ah I had forgotten about the Q&A. Nonetheless, the differences however minor and cosmetic, are strong enough both psychologically and historically for Sin'dorei/Quel'dorei to consider themselves different races; that's what counts. In the same way that Undead consider themselves Forsaken, as opposed to simply Undead Humans.
    "Can your blood atone for genocide, orc? Your Horde killed countless innocents with its rampage across Stormwind and Lordaeron. Do you really think you can just sweep all that away and cast aside your guilt so easily? No, your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you." - Grand Admiral Proudmoore

  2. #122
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    15,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    the Spellbreaker are present from the patch 5.1

    That's one odd looking Spellbreaker, no shield, no glaive, no helm... Bleh.

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  3. #123
    Pandaren Monk Thaladhrun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The land of eternal grey
    Posts
    1,956
    Quote Originally Posted by DFu4ever View Post
    But aren't we specifically discussing war crimes? For example, fire mages are a walking war crime if you try to apply our "how war should be fought" morality to the game. Sure, you can apply very basic morality to the game, but when you start getting into more nitpicky things like war crimes, the comparisons will quickly fall apart.
    I can't see why it wouldn't, even to fire mages, provided fire mages killed innocents.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    If that is there approach to trying to get back into Dalaran's good books and take their quarter back, I fear for their skills of diplomacy.
    I don't think diplomacy is on Lor'themar's mind at this point. He is pretty angry.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade View Post
    Storm, Earth and Fire looks pretty good for fights like Garalon or other fights with 2 or 3 targets, like Will of the Emperor.
    Yeah, the idea was that Windwalkers had 0 options for cleave. It's basically a more permanent blade-flurry. Lower your single target damage, gain damage across a second target. Looking at the OP's post, though, there's the potential that these illusions will be targetable, and they last indefinately (thereby lowering your single target damage on X until the illusion finishes killing it's mark.

    WW's definately needed the cleave though, they do well with SCK on mass-AOE, but had 0 options for cleave fights causing them to seriously get benched for rogues/warriors with some form of multi-targeting (blade flurry, sweeping strikes).

  6. #126
    Pandaren Monk Thaladhrun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The land of eternal grey
    Posts
    1,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Q: How did the blood elven fel eye glint become so widespread? The Warcraft Encyclopedia suggests that Rommath only taught the blood elves of Azeroth about how to siphon arcane magic, as most of the populace would likely be "horrified" if they knew the true extent of Kael’s dealings with Illidan.
    A: The situation regarding blood elf eyes is, in fact, extremely similar to that of the green skin of orcs: just being around heavy use of fel magic turned the eyes of the blood elves green. You could be the most pious of priests or most outdoorsy of Farstriders, chances are, if you were a high elf in Quel’Thalas or Outland following the Third War, you were around fel energies, and your eyes would turn green. Like the orcs’ skin color, such an effect would take a very long time to wear off. Fel magic works a bit like radiation in this sense; it permeates the area and seeps into anything in the vicinity. Anything near a source of fel magic shows signs of slight corruption, it just so happens that high elves and orcs manifest it in a very visual way.
    The skin/hair colour thing could I suppose be gleaned from comparing the Sunreaver NPCs to the SC ones, who are far more uniform in their hair and skin colour. I think there are contradictions here with WC3/TFT, though, where e.g. the high elven sorceresses had dark hair.

  7. #127
    Immortal Combatbulter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hanseatic City of Lübeck
    Posts
    7,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Again, that's a matter of opinion. For all we know the Kirin'tor might simply shrug off the assault and send the Forsaken/Sin'dorei packing once more. If that is there approach to trying to get back into Dalaran's good books and take their quarter back, I fear for their skills of diplomacy.
    That is assuming a lot, what the sindorei mobilized so far in this quest hub is impressive, saying otherwise is foolish as well as to assume the Kirin Tor can just shrug it off, they will counter it of course, but the question is with what.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Ah I had forgotten about the Q&A. Nonetheless, the differences however minor and cosmetic, are strong enough both psychologically and historically for Sin'dorei/Quel'dorei to consider themselves different races; that's what counts. In the same way that Undead consider themselves Forsaken, as opposed to simply Undead Humans.
    I disagree, the only real difference are their political views, the rest is basically the same and unless blizzard decides to declare the encyclopedia non canon I won't budge from that statement.

    http://www.wowpedia.org/The_Warcraft...nd_Blood_Elves
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Do me a favor read it.

    http://www.wowpedia.org/Alliance-Horde_war




    The blood elves fought alone on Quel'danas rebelling against Kael and the legion along with the Draenei and a few adventurers.
    they sure had an awful lot of help for fighting alone

  9. #129
    Immortal mistuhbull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Quel'Thalas
    Posts
    7,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Some may well be, but the quotation that people seemed to agree with was that somehow the Kirin Tor were going to be at the mercy of the Blood Elves/Sunreavers or the Horde. There's no reason whatsoever for presuming that.



    The quotation however, defeats itself. There are physiological/biological differences; the green eyes and generally darker hair/skin hues, in the same way that the Orcs of Orgrimmar are physiologically/biologically different to their Mag'har cousins who refused to drink the blood of Mannoroth.



    I'm not so sure about that. The Sin'dorei are too young and their foray into all things Fel too recent for there to be any descendants with green eyes, as opposed to Orgrimmar Orcs, and there's not a great evidence to support Mag'har having turned green on account of Grom et all having done so via demon blood, so i'm not sure how High Elves would suddenly find themselves with green eyes for being near a source of Fel.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 09:24 PM ----------



    I believe in lore, Thrall was captured due to be unprepared for an Alliance ambush.

    I reckon if Thrall was aware of the enemy at hand he could probably summon an earthquake or two to destroy an entire army; this being the same Orc who with the help of two others, stopped the world from collapsing in on itself with the temporary destruction of the World Pillar.
    Frostwolf clan did not drink the demon blood. Durotan, Draaka, and Drek'thar found their skin turned green just from being near the other Orcs and the Warlocks.
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

    I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

  10. #130
    Pandaren Monk Thaladhrun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The land of eternal grey
    Posts
    1,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post


    I disagree, the only real difference are their political views, the rest is basically the same and unless blizzard decides to declare the encyclopedia non canon I won't budge from that statement.

    http://www.wowpedia.org/The_Warcraft...nd_Blood_Elves
    Why would you say it has no physiological impact on them? How would that ever be the case?

  11. #131
    Immortal Combatbulter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hanseatic City of Lübeck
    Posts
    7,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Thunder View Post
    they sure had an awful lot of help for fighting alone
    Neither the horde nor the Alliance was there in force to stop Kael and the Burning legion so considering the circumstances it was not a lot of help around ;P
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

  12. #132
    Pandaren Monk Thaladhrun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The land of eternal grey
    Posts
    1,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Thunder View Post
    they sure had an awful lot of help for fighting alone
    Considering whom they were up against... no.

  13. #133
    Immortal Combatbulter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hanseatic City of Lübeck
    Posts
    7,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    Why would you say it has no physiological impact on them? How would that ever be the case?
    I am saying they are still the same race and if their eyes change, hell if their hair color becomes purple it is no reason to declare them a different race the differences are just too small.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    I can't see why it wouldn't, even to fire mages, provided fire mages killed innocents.
    Actually, I pointed out fire mages because it is currently frowned upon to use weapons like napalm on an enemy.

  15. #135
    I swear these forums make me hate the Alliance more than any in-game events do.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

  16. #136
    Pandaren Monk Thaladhrun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The land of eternal grey
    Posts
    1,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I am saying they are still the same race and if their eyes change, hell if their hair color becomes purple it is no reason to declare them a different race the differences are just too small.
    I suppose it may take a generation or two before fel has an impact on their evolutionary trajectory, provided it isn't purged from them.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 10:01 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by DFu4ever View Post
    Actually, I pointed out fire mages because it is currently frowned upon to use weapons like napalm on an enemy.
    I see. That is a pretty circumstantial thing though. The principle behind it would be something like not to inflict torture, I guess. So whilst what counts as "torture" may vary due to the presence of magic in Azeroth e.g. blunting the impact fire has on the body, the underlying principle would not change if correct.

  17. #137
    Immortal Combatbulter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hanseatic City of Lübeck
    Posts
    7,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    I suppose it may take a generation or two before fel has an impact on their evolutionary trajectory, provided it isn't purged from them.
    Since the magister don't use fel anymore it will fade over the generations.


    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2721372142
    Q: Why do blood elves still have green eyes?
    A: Corruption from fel energies takes a long time to wear off. It's why most orcs are still green even though Mannoroth is dead.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

  18. #138
    Pandaren Monk Thaladhrun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The land of eternal grey
    Posts
    1,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Since the magister don't use fel anymore it will fade over the generations.


    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2721372142
    Q: Why do blood elves still have green eyes?
    A: Corruption from fel energies takes a long time to wear off. It's why most orcs are still green even though Mannoroth is dead.
    They don't actively drain fel from those suspended crystals anymore. Whether they've stopped using it entirely is a different question. I doubt it. Blizzard need to write some new lore on this, frankly, because if warlocks can corrupt merely by proxy the corruption would be on-going so long as fel usage continued by some amongst the race.

  19. #139
    Immortal Combatbulter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hanseatic City of Lübeck
    Posts
    7,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    They don't actively drain fel from those suspended crystals anymore. Whether they've stopped using it entirely is a different question. I doubt it. Blizzard need to write some new lore on this, frankly, because if warlocks can corrupt merely by proxy the corruption would be on-going so long as fel usage continued by some amongst the race.
    They used fel crystals to power their city those are gone now, they were the primary source of corruption.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Neither the horde nor the Alliance was there in force to stop Kael and the Burning legion so considering the circumstances it was not a lot of help around ;P
    yeah the SSO didn't really need the Horde or Alliance to be there I mean they had the Naaru, I mean it wasn't an easy fight but at the same time there weren't a lot of Blood Elves or Draenei there I mean it was basically just a contingent of Shattrath's forces there and they did fine stopping the legion

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •