Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So warriors still get 3%

So warriors get to keep the 3% healing and we get shit on yet again GG....

Yeah I'm a litte confused about this seeing as how Ghostcrawler just said they wanted to nerf it along with other things.

Warrior defensive stance is being nerfed by 10%, the cooldown of shockwave was doubled, heroic leap glyph doesnt increase the dmg done anymore. Not to mention all the past nerfs, gag order, tfb, avatar, so yeah warriors are being rolled back to cata status, they will be completely useless.
    Why not complain about mages that are OP as hell and frostbolt is being buffed by 24% which will make them even more ridiculously OP...

Yeeeh.... I'm sorry but: Making a QQ post about 1 warrior abillity that ISN'T really that OP, stays as it is while they nerf several others, in the paladin part of this forum?

You do know that if a warrior picks Second Wind, he has no other self heals at all (except for victory rush, which requires a killing blow, which is hard to rely on in arena..... which you obviously are talking about)?

Nerfing Second Wind like they planed was a overall ballkick nerf to all warriors in all scenarios (pvp/pve).... Sure, defensive stance nerf also affects pve but not really in the same way, since tanks still get the full effect from a passive.

And for the shockwave nerf, they should have just nerfed the stunn duration in pvp or something like many other spells work already imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillieB View Post
    Well the shadow-priest ain't a daffodil tooting snuggle bunny either. Besides this is the priest forum not gonna get much love for that line of reasoning here locky-loo - All your sha are belonging to us.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    Warrior defensive stance is being nerfed by 10%, the cooldown of shockwave was doubled, heroic leap glyph doesnt increase the dmg done anymore. Not to mention all the past nerfs, gag order, tfb, avatar,
    Just when I think we're going to have a typical biased discussion of PVP, you go and say something like that...

so yeah warriors are being rolled back to cata status, they will be completely useless.
    AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF.

Look, the change to warriors is better this way, frankly. GC confirmed that % based heals are nerfed by BF, and with Def stance now no longer granting a whopping 25% dmg redux passive, we SHOULD see less warriors sitting in it 24/7. When they do swap defensive for being trained, the 10% less...err...more dmg taken will be on par or more than the 3% heal with BF (esp with pvp power scaling). Warriors have been nerfed to shit, yes. But they are still doing just fine on PTR and certainly still far better than ret and other classes in a "good place".

Why not complain about mages that are OP as hell and frostbolt is being buffed by 24% which will make them even more ridiculously OP...
    If you're going to present facts, at least give the whole story. FBolt was buffed by 24%, but no longer stacks damage. This was done to encourage more hard casting by frost mages (with the changes to FoF talked about), and less jumping around like a jackass fishing for FoF procs. Overall, it's a sustained damage nerf, but a frontload/burst buff...so not sure I understand the point of the change entirely, but then again this whole season has been a bit of a mystery.

OT - I would like to have seen some changes regarding ret's fragility and/or self heals instead of just an increased cast on Repent (THAT'LL SHOW THOSE HPAL's) and a nerf to their 4pc. They'll still be gods, and ret will still be the 1500 hero. And prot? Lolprot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Warrior defensive stance is being nerfed by 10%, the cooldown of shockwave was doubled, heroic leap glyph doesnt increase the dmg done anymore. Not to mention all the past nerfs, gag order, tfb, avatar, so yeah warriors are being rolled back to cata status, they will be completely useless.
    Warriors are never completely useless. However they are seriously OP at the moment and all the nerfs are needed. Even top rated warriors will tell you they are OP. They have turned into the new faceroll class for pvp.

Hahahaha. Mages are being reduced to a sub-par class next patch and warriors will need waaay more drastic nerfs to be brought from mongoloid hero mode to just "op". Even mentioning frostbolt shows how clueless you are, GL breaking the 1500 barrier with kfc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    OT - I would like to have seen some changes regarding ret's fragility and/or self heals instead of just an increased cast on Repent (THAT'LL SHOW THOSE HPAL's) and a nerf to their 4pc. They'll still be gods, and ret will still be the 1500 hero. And prot? Lolprot.
    Rets will be in a much better spot next season. Rets counter rogues really well, and possibly also Monks. On PTR atm people are reporting Ret damage being out of control due to scaling.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigeldruid View Post
    Rets will be in a much better spot next season. Rets counter rogues really well, and possibly also Monks. On PTR atm people are reporting Ret damage being out of control due to scaling.
    Yeah no. There have been no changes to Ret and both rogues and monks are getting huge buffs. Ret will stay in a bad spot unless they do something.

My point is this. Warrior at 35% dose more healing then a ret can do over all. Also it cost them nothing if i want to even come close to how much SW keeps a warrior alive, I would have to use all my all my holy power on WOG and still wont do what SW can. I will also do next to nothing for damage "Need too WOG" I can kiss Templar's Verdict and Inquisition good bye taking more damage from me to live. We get one bubble and it cost us 50% damage. Warrior can do all that shieldwall leap away fear stun... Charge stun. All this and yes I know Ret has a stun and disorienting spell too. If I run away and go heal I get two heals for 24k-55k and out of manna. That whole time I do no damage and still wont mean a thing. I'm so fine with warriors having a heal but really.

I don't think removing 10% from damage reduction which we have ALL the time vs removing 1% unit from an ability which only works sub35% is a fair comparsion. But I still think they did the right choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzski View Post
    My point is this. Warrior at 35% dose more healing then a ret can do over all. Also it cost them nothing if i want to even come close to how much SW keeps a warrior alive, I would have to use all my all my holy power on WOG and still wont do what SW can. I will also do next to nothing for damage "Need too WOG" I can kiss Templar's Verdict and Inquisition good bye taking more damage from me to live. We get one bubble and it cost us 50% damage. Warrior can do all that shieldwall leap away fear stun... Charge stun. All this and yes I know Ret has a stun and disorienting spell too. If I run away and go heal I get two heals for 24k-55k and out of manna. That whole time I do no damage and still wont mean a thing. I'm so fine with warriors having a heal but really.
    They either need to buff Rets healing by 30% (which still might not be enough) or buff sacred shield by 100% when a Ret paladin uses it on themself

Deleted
    This. Times a billion.

Infracted. Post constructively. ~Fhi
    Last edited by Fhi; 2013-01-10 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roguezor View Post
    Yeeeh.... I'm sorry but: Making a QQ post about 1 warrior abillity that ISN'T really that OP, stays as it is while they nerf several others, in the paladin part of this forum?

You do know that if a warrior picks Second Wind, he has no other self heals at all (except for victory rush, which requires a killing blow, which is hard to rely on in arena..... which you obviously are talking about)?

Nerfing Second Wind like they planed was a overall ballkick nerf to all warriors in all scenarios (pvp/pve).... Sure, defensive stance nerf also affects pve but not really in the same way, since tanks still get the full effect from a passive.

And for the shockwave nerf, they should have just nerfed the stunn duration in pvp or something like many other spells work already imo.

Not QQ About SW its self its that I have nothing even like that Not one thing comes close IF i do use all my holypwr to heal i cant even do Templar's Verdict to take 10% less damage

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Yeah no. There have been no changes to Ret and both rogues and monks are getting huge buffs. Ret will stay in a bad spot unless they do something.
    You're missing the point. When you counter a classes or a setup that is very strong, that makes you very strong as well. The last season of Cataclysm we saw a lot of triple DPS setups. You know why? Because it countered the best setup in the game, RLS. Nothing in the current season would mean that different triple DPS setups wouldn't work. But due to Shadow priests being so strong, and therefore common, playing triple DPS isn't as viable. So no, rets don't need buffs to be viable.

You're missing the point. When you counter a classes or a setup that is very strong, that makes you very strong as well. The last season of Cataclysm we saw a lot of triple DPS setups. You know why? Because it countered the best setup in the game, RLS. Nothing in the current season would mean that different triple DPS setups wouldn't work. But due to Shadow priests being so strong, and therefore common, playing triple DPS isn't as viable. So no, rets don't need buffs to be viable.
    What the F Shadow is good so ret cant be?

That honestly made no sense. You are seriously trying to say that because Shadow priests are strong that makes Ret viable?...

I don't know if you have tried to play a Ret paladin in arena this season but it isn't even close to being good. And Rbgs won't even think about taking a Ret paladin because they are so bad.

What i think he is saying is they need ret to be bad so no more trip dps teams. "So lets all go make other classes so that shadow can have a day in the sun" "Better yet seeing is how paladin are are priests sent to the front lines to fight with the light lets all go dk and say F the light"

What i think he is saying is they need ret to be bad so no more trip dps teams. "So lets all go make other classes so that shadow can have a day in the sun" "Better yet seeing is how paladin are are priests sent to the front lines to fight with the light lets all go dk and say F the light"
    That still makes no sense. There are more than 3 dps classes in the game. I wouldn't be surprised if something like Monk, Rogue, Shadow priest doesn't own in 5.2 with all the buffs.

I have no clue what he was trying to say tbh... To me it looked like he thinks ret is fine and SP are op. 5% heal on Templar's Verdict would help imo