Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Since BC that alliance and horde had simillar player ages, so I'd say it's all about the races and cities you like most as basis to pick a faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    • Any argent tourney rep will not convert so if you have a Sunreaver Tabard that will become a Silver Covenant and you would not be able to equip that.
    • If you are in process of doing the legendary quest line the "A Test of Valor" will reset if not completed ie if you are 4000/6000 VP that will reset to 0
    • any unfinished quests will not carry over
    • Rep/Mounts will carry over to alliance equivalent with exception of some WotLK stuff

Look forward to getting another ally...welcome!

And as far as the community goes it is the the same for both sides. I played horde for five years and changed over. Been alliance for two years now and love it, will never go back to horde.

Deleted
    I'm thinking that, maybe now that everything is linked between all the characters on the account, maybe there won't be any mount issue.

That argent tournament thing is quite worrying though. I see people saying I will lose the achievements, other saying that I won't, so I'm a bit lost here.

Quote Originally Posted by Asheriah View Post
    I'm thinking that, maybe now that everything is linked between all the characters on the account, maybe there won't be any mount issue.

That argent tournament thing is quite worrying though. I see people saying I will lose the achievements, other saying that I won't, so I'm a bit lost here.
    Regardless of the specifics, you will need to do the entire argent tournament "process" over again in order to purchase heirlooms, etc from the Argent Champion of Alliance or whatever. I do remember losing achievements, I think my horde ones were replaced by alliance ones that were incomplete.

I don't know how anyone could say you don't lose achievements. How could an alliance player have the achievement Exalted champion of orgrimmar? I don't remember them converting to the alliance equivalents, I remember having to do them again.

This was pre-mop, and pre account-wide achievements mind you. Maybe things are changed now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Some obvious things. Like many dates of your achievements(including FOS) will be all screwed up.
    You'll lose some achievements, like argent crusade achievements and exploring achievements (around 200-300 points in total).
    You'll lose some mounts and pets.

And you'll lose your horde dignity because of the union with those alliance pigs! FOR THE HORDE!!!

Its really better to just make an alliance alt if you want to have a look of what's going on on the other side.

actually u will gain achievement points, as alliance has more quest points available than horde since the revamp, other than that, don't forget to punt a gnome daily, it helps relieve tension, ironforge is where the pro players hang out, non of this "but stormwind is where all the portals are" crap, and most of all, never use trade chat for chatting until u have learned the basics of being in the alliance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    I don't know how anyone could say you don't lose achievements. How could an alliance player have the achievement Exalted champion of orgrimmar? I don't remember them converting to the alliance equivalents, I remember having to do them again.

This was pre-mop, and pre account-wide achievements mind you. Maybe things are changed now.
    Yeah, maybe. I guess I'll have to see about all this when it's done.

Thing is, on my Alliance alt, the character has all the argent tourny achievements, every single one, including exalted yadda yadda champion of the Alliance while I never did it. (Since I did it while being Horde)

You don't lose the achievements or the titles associated with it. I've switched my paly back and forth 3 times after getting Crusader, she still has it, still sports it, but the progress she made at the tournament via quests has been completely reset.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 05:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    It does. Stormwind -> Orgrimmar
    Darnassus -> Undercity
    Exodar -> Silvermoon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    You don't lose the achievements or the titles associated with it. I've switched my paly back and forth 3 times after getting Crusader, she still has it, still sports it, but the progress she made at the tournament via quests has been completely reset.
    Alright, so basically you keep everything you earned but won't have access to all the pets, items and dailies until you do it all over again ?

Alright, so basically you keep everything you earned but won't have access to all the pets, items and dailies until you do it all over again ?
    Pretty much this. Your source of champion seals disappears until you complete the aspirant phase as well.

*also* something new from the shared account-wide stuff is, Silver Covenant/Sunreavers and faction mounts change over and are available to all toons on the faction even if the toon who earned it is no longer on that faction.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 05:02 PM ----------

It does. Stormwind -> Orgrimmar
    Darnassus -> Undercity
    Exodar -> Silvermoon
    Still, all specifics. The achievements are useless if you can't spend your tokens on the items. All im saying is, if you're planning on scoring some heirlooms, do it before you xfer or you will have to do everything over again to buy them.

Deleted
    Pretty much this. Your source of champion seals disappears until you complete the aspirant phase as well.

*also* something new from the shared account-wide stuff is, Silver Covenant/Sunreavers and faction mounts change over and are available to all toons on the faction even if the toon who earned it is no longer on that faction.
    Interesting.

One weird thing I noticed though, is that I get all the Horde faction mounts (raptors, kodos, etc) on my Horde alts, even if they don't have the associated reputations to exalted. But I don't have the equivalent mounts on my Alliance alt. (horses, nightsabers, etc) It might just be me, but I thought it would work for both factions.

Still, all specifics. The achievements are useless if you can't spend your tokens on the items. All im saying is, if you're planning on scoring some heirlooms, do it before you xfer or you will have to do everything over again to buy them.
    Yep, got it. Thanks.

Interesting.
    One weird thing I noticed though, is that I get all the Horde faction mounts (raptors, kodos, etc) on my Horde alts, even if they don't have the associated reputations to exalted. But I don't have the equivalent mounts on my Alliance alt. (horses, nightsabers, etc) It might just be me, but I thought it would work for both factions.
    When you transfer the toon who got those to Alliance, and they all convert, so too will they become accessible to your Alliance toons.

Deleted
    When you transfer the toon who got those to Alliance, and they all convert, so too will they become accessible to your Alliance toons.
    But won't I lose them on the Horde side, though ?

But won't I lose them on the Horde side, though ?
    You wont
    I still have my Sunreavers Dragonhawk and hawkstrider on my lock even though my paladin is now Alliance

Deleted
    You wont
    I still have my Sunreavers Dragonhawk and hawkstrider on my lock even though my paladin is now Alliance
    Awesoooome.

Thank you !

I lost the argent tournament rep when I changed over, and had to do it for the alliance but that was back in Wrath so not sure if they fixed that. Might want to look it up.

P.S. But had all pets and mounts just were ally skins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    As an Alliance player, I welcome you into civilization. Enjoy real houses, soft beds and best of all:

PLUMBING!
    Hey! Silvermoon is just as good! Do not assume the entire Horde is full of barbarians wearing furs and stone huts without floorboards! Quel'thalas is far more civilized than your stuffy ironforge and peasant-ridden Stormwind!

OT: I'm afraid I did the opposite of what you're about to do a couple of years ago, OP, but I wish you best of luck!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NatureDrake View Post
    Hey! Silvermoon is just as good! Do not assume the entire Horde is full of barbarians wearing furs and stone huts without floorboards! Quel'thalas is far more civilized than your stuffy ironforge and peasant-ridden Stormwind!

OT: I'm afraid I did the opposite of what you're about to do a couple of years ago, OP, but I wish you best of luck!
    Thanks. Can't wait to rock my orb of the Sin'dorei as Alliance.

I wanted to faction change too. I play Horde since I started playing but I always wanted to be Alliance (W3 and Books).

After thinking a little, I decided that I prefer begin all over again because I don't want to do Argent Tournament for the 3rd time. I wish someday blizz fix that. :~