Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Switching to Alliance. Anything I should know ?

Hey,

So, I have this toon I've been playing since 2006 and it's always been Horde. I have the intention to switch factions very soon and was wondering if there was anything I should know before moving to the other side, like, any item/mount/achievement/whatever that would disappear or be changed ? Anything I should really get before switching ?

I already play Alliance on one of my toon, so I'm not really looking for any explanation about what's new and how things work over there. (I know that some mounts will be changed because there are no such things as Alliance raptors or kodos) I am just very curious about very specific things that will be affected by the transfer. Please share your experiences and/or knowledge with me !

Thank you !

Some obvious things. Like many dates of your achievements(including FOS) will be all screwed up.
    You'll lose some achievements, like argent crusade achievements and exploring achievements (around 200-300 points in total).
    You'll lose some mounts and pets.

And you'll lose your horde dignity because of the union with those alliance pigs! FOR THE HORDE!!!

Its really better to just make an alliance alt if you want to have a look of what's going on on the other side.

Deleted
    Well .. wash yourself well before doing so , we dont accept dirty crap.. and be prepared for a lot of hordes kiddies trolling you here .

For the rest .. not much difference apart from cities and most of quest lines.

10+ Year Old Account
    As an Alliance player, I welcome you into civilization. Enjoy real houses, soft beds and best of all:

PLUMBING!

Get ready to play with players 17 and younger bro!

From what I have heard we finally learned to PvP. Resubbing right now to see if thats true. I hope the days of losing 15 in a row with a bunch of undergeared players that cant follow simple BG objectives are long gone.

Take care not to call for bloodlust in a bossfight, people will not really be flaming you but something that comes quite close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blue is the new Red. Adjust your transmogs for faction pride!

Yarrr~
    Last edited by Chonar; 2013-01-10 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    Take care not to call for bloodlust in a bossfight, people will not really be flaming you but something that comes quite close.
    I still call for Lust and usually get a few laughs but it just sounds cooler than yelling "HERO".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Some obvious things. Like many dates of your achievements(including FOS) will be all screwed up.
    You'll lose some achievements, like argent crusade achievements and exploring achievements (around 200-300 points in total).
    You'll lose some mounts and pets.

And you'll lose your horde dignity because of the union with those alliance pigs! FOR THE HORDE!!!

Its really better to just make an alliance alt if you want to have a look of what's going on on the other side.
    Any idea on what I'll be losing, more specifically ?

I didn't know I'd lose exploring achievements, I thought they would "transfer" them. Same thing for the argent crusade thingies.

Deleted
    If I remember right, you might need to restart the Argent Tournament questlines if you have done them to the end.
    I am not sure if your battleground reputations gets exchanged (Warsong Outriders for Silverwing Sentinels for example) if that's your thing.

I know some mounts have problems being exchanged, I suggest you make a list with your horde only mounts and see if they get turned into their alliance counterparts.

Besides that, what you need to know... gnome jokes. You can't be alliance without knowing gnome jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Besides that, what you need to know... gnome jokes. You can't be alliance without knowing gnome jokes.
    As a fellow gnome i feel compelled to call Blasphemy, but what gets me really is that you could have given an example. Is he supposed to compse his gnome jokes himself?

XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asheriah View Post
    Any idea on what I'll be losing, more specifically ?

I didn't know I'd lose exploring achievements, I thought they would "transfer" them. Same thing for the argent crusade thingies.
    No you won´t lose exploring archi, but you will lose all faction especific archivements, like the argent crusade archis

If you had the goblin mounts do you still get nothing upon transferring?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    As a fellow gnome i feel compelled to call Blasphemy, but what gets me really is that you could have given an example. Is he supposed to compse his gnome jokes himself?

XD
    How many gnomes does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Just one, who'll invent a bulbscrewermatic.

Who is then punted into the wall.

Haha, punting gnomes.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

15+ Year Old Account
    When I did this switch I lost my whole AT progress.. Now I'm going back to horde will I need to redo?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    No you won´t lose exploring archi, but you will lose all faction especific archivements, like the argent crusade archis
    That sucks a little. :c

I don't get why they can't just give you the Alliance equivalent.

What about Dominance Offensive and Shieldwall Operation ?

If you had the goblin mounts do you still get nothing upon transferring?
    Worgens got two horses, right ?
    Last edited by mmoc63d91da705; 2013-01-10 at 01:40 PM.

Deleted
    be ready for reading about all about "the horde storyline regarding the warcheif, Garosh, and how cool it sounds" then realize we have a wimp for a faction leader. Jaina Has more balls than Varian Wrynn. oh and his Son ? Seriously, he should be found washed up on a beach somewhere with his skull caved in, might actually give some storyline to the alliance.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad I went alliance in mid TBC. Having to start from 0 was a really pain when you think about it, but then again, it was my first ally and it was freaking epic to explore new quests and stuff from 0... left my SSC/TK geared horde (by that time) because my guild and server died and a new spot was open on the alliance.

It was like having the "new to WoW" feeling back but knowing the basic stuff.

I'd encourage you to start from scratch if you'd like to experience such epic moments again. Think that.. the lvl up is sadly ridiculously fast, you'll keep most of your achis and mounts and you'll easily make gold now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    Get ready to play with players 17 and younger bro!
    This statement is so loaded with irony.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"