Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    Death in battlegrounds: Enemy players can loot your corpse and take some of your honor points. 5% durability loss.
    Every time you die, you receive a (stacking) debuff for 10 minutes. Each stack adds 10% damage increase while decreasing movement speed by 10%.
    so you make someone who died even easier to kill?

graveyard camping overgeared premades will definitely not abuse the crap out of it
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Hell no.

People already ragequit after one wipe, I don't want to imagine what would happen if penalty was harsh.
    They would L2play so they wouldnt wipe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    They would L2play so they wouldnt wipe?
    More like they wouldn't even play.

Death in dungeons: Ghostform at entrance, unable to zone in while an encounter is in progress. Standard 10% durability loss.
    Every time you die, you receive a (stacking) debuff for 10 minutes. Each stack adds 10% damage increase while decreasing movement speed by 10%.

Death in battlegrounds: Enemy players can loot your corpse and take some of your honor points. 5% durability loss.

Outdoor deaths: Every time you die, you receive a (stacking) debuff for 10 minutes. Each stack adds 10% damage decrease, while increasing movement speed by 10%. At 100%, you will instantly be returned to the spirit healer and will become a "dishonorable kill" to the enemy faction for 10 minutes.

Killing dishonorable targets will remove %level% honor points and transfer them to the killed enemy player.
    Imagine how annoying the outdoors and pvp death taxes would be for the more famous wow players. Some of the more known streamers/bloggers etc have massive groups of fanbois and hatesquads following them around wherever they go.

Seeing how when Swifty logged in on Stormscale EU last week for a little while, OG instantly became completely useless from the lag and hundreds of fanbois and haters gathering to see their idol/object of unhealthy jealousy. I imagine it would be very difficult for a player this known, loved and hated by many to even play the game if the death taxes were that harsh.

Don't get me wrong, I personally like the idea, I just don't think it would be viable outside of theory without some serious safeguards against griefing.

Quote Originally Posted by winterbark View Post
    would also like to add that corpse looting would be another bad idea for WoW. We all know that the classes are not balanced at all. This will lead to increased whining, rage quitting, and everyone rolling only the ForM to be able to keep their kit.

it will not work on WoW
    I think we were talking about just looting honor points. Not gold or gear. I see nothing wrong with that.

In WoW? No. WoW is a shell of what an MMO should be, and always was. I say this as a person who likes WoW more than any other MMO, so take that for what you will.
    Basically, a world of instanced content with a giant lobby of quests. That's WoW. An MMO would be something more like what Ultima Online was going for. But grander. And probably only 500 people would play it

It would make people better players because it did in other games that had penalties. If you knew that dying meant an exp loss and a long walk back you would think twice about breaking CC or not assisting the tank. Hell can you even die anymore in this game unless you are doing a raid?
    That's a naive thought. We've seen in the harder heroics in Cataclysm that something like that doesn't make people play better, it just makes them more angry and makes them avoid the content or do it with friends only.
    And usually the people who play bad are the ones who start playing the blame-game. I mage breaks cc and wipes the group and immediately starts flaming the tank that he a noob for not having aggro and flames the healer for not doing his job. So that´s the people who are supposed to learn by a harder penalty ?

Death in dungeons: Ghostform at entrance, unable to zone in while an encounter is in progress. Standard 10% durability loss.

Outdoor deaths: Every time you die, you receive a (stacking) debuff for 10 minutes. Each stack adds 10% damage decrease, while increasing movement speed by 10%. At 100%, you will instantly be returned to the spirit healer and will become a "dishonorable kill" to the enemy faction for 10 minutes.

Killing dishonorable targets will remove %level% honor points and transfer them to the killed enemy player.
    There's a big flaw with your logic though... it's impossible to die in 5 mans and in the outside world, except via PvP.

Deleted
    There should really be a serious penalty for dieing other than "Now you have to fly 20 seconds back to your corpse!".
    For people pointing at HC progression and "hundreds of wipes": If the only way to do HC progression is brute-force and getting in as many kills/wipes as possible, maybe the system is just broken? A serious penalty could actually support some smart trying and reward guilds that don't just raid 24/7 until a boss is dead.
    Could even make world-firsts more interesting.

Death already has the most annoying penalty of all.... loss of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleros View Post
    Need the EQ penalty of deleveling if you wipe and having everyone relevel back up to cap to be able to attempt a raid boss again.
    That would be an awesome way to stretch out content and make World First take many months. You try, You fail, You're punished! The way video games were meant to be played!

Quote Originally Posted by Primaliron View Post
    Death already has the most annoying penalty of all.... loss of time.
    loss of what 30 seconds? if a raid maybe 5 minutes?

Deleted
    Im not talking a Diablo 3 HC penalty or even something like in Ultima Online where if you died mobs looted your corpse and if you didnt make it back in time you lost all your gear. But I think death should have some kind of penalty. Also no repairs dont count. Seeing how everyone has thousands of gold and repair costs were nerfed and are now next to nothing unless you penalty rez. Also repairs are usually covered by guild funds anyways. So I dont think thats really a penalty. I just think death should have more of a penalty than it does. It would make people better players because it did in other games that had penalties. If you knew that dying meant an exp loss and a long walk back you would think twice about breaking CC or not assisting the tank. Hell can you even die anymore in this game unless you are doing a raid?

No way, you know why? we already have the qqers moaning and killing off world pvp and world events by whining and whining about `dying` could you imagine how much theyd kick off if it gave more of a penalty? dont give the idiots a chance and theres no reason for it anyway unless your some kind of sadist? what does it possibly bring to the game? christ if your intent on making stuff harder for yourself strip your characters gear off and go run around tol barad...better then giving blizzard damm fool ideas like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Penalties on death cause absolutely nothing but frustration.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

I understand where you are coming from - but this would be sooooo bad if you really think about it. Someone learning the fights for example would have ZERO chance to find a patient group who would help them through it - if a player dies.... they are less useful to the party after that. It would mean you die, you get kicked. Simple.

lol - Everyone would level a healer or tank then...

Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    No.

I played Aion and had xp loss on death and it was by far one of my least favorite aspects of that game. I'm very glad that the other MMOs I've played don't have that and honestly I doubt that Blizzard would ever add that to this game. The player base would not adjust to it unless it had been in the game from the start, and they'd probably even lose a lot of subs over it.

While most people could agree that adding something like aoe looting was an overall improvement, you'd find that adding xp loss on death would have much less agreement among the player base. It's the same concept as removing flying mounts, some people might like it but a lot hate it. People don't like change unless most can agree it's for the better. :P
    Also once you got to max level how would it work? Could you actually "unlevel"? What about your gear then? What if you died in a raid and that took you down to lvl89? There are too many issues for this to even work at max level as far as I can see.

That would only benefit players with good gear and those that do bgs to get honor gear will have a hard time getting the gear. Would lead to too much griefing imo.

No, death penalty is fine.

If anything, they should take the debuff from ressing in the angel, since they cant figure out how to properly set graveyards in every single expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by winterbark View Post
    it will not work on WoW
    Personally this is my feeling too. Not just because I wouldnt like it - but because the game has been around so long now without it. Very very few people would be ok with it I feel.