Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodaway View Post
    Why wouldn't you want a more convenient method of getting where you're going?
    Too much convenience eats away immersion and can make playing a game a fast-food experience.

That's not to say that this is what would happen with portals on the island. I wouldn't know since I haven't even been on the island yet on the PTR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    there is a HUGE difference between taking a portal to an island, and taking a portal to each individual boss in a raid. i just wanted to add that. since people are confusing the two. its nice to get to the action faster, but once im there let me make my own way from spot to spot, or boss to boss. having a portal from the mainland to an island 20 mins away, is a convenience, while a portal after every single boss inside an already tiny raid.. is just bad design.
    That's all well & good when you're clearing a raid in one go without wipes. But having to run from Stoneguard to Will of the Emperor every single wipe, for 5 nights a week, just for the sake of continuity, seems like terrible foresight to me.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    You can fly (or swim) straight to the Isle of Giants, that's not a problem but Thunder Isle is still blocked off by fog and invisible walls and doesn't appear to be where the map suggests it should be.

You can see in the distance an island but that appears to be the same old 'placeholder' island which has been there for months. I do believe that the true Thunder Isle is in fact instanced, which IS a shame - there's no reason for it.
    Anyone glitch into thunder isle and see what's going on. Could just be that it's unfinished and thereby not open for testing.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Anyone glitch into thunder isle and see what's going on. Could just be that it's unfinished and thereby not open for testing.
    Wowinsider just posted a column. Access is available and you can test the first round of dailies for the factions and explore.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keoren View Post
    Too much convenience eats away immersion and can make playing a game a fast-food experience.

That's not to say that it's what would happen with portals on the island. I wouldn't know since I haven't even been on the island yet on the PTR.
    Okay you do the slow thing I'll do the portal thing; You have fun and I have fun.

Not hard.

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Okay you do the slow thing I'll do the portal thing; You have fun and I have fun.

Not hard.
    I did not take a stance regarding the portals on the island since I haven't even been there. I was talking about the designing of games in general. If you were as well then I have to ultimately disagree. Shooting oneself in the leg might sound like a valid suggestion if he or she doesn't like walking on two feet, but it doesn't really work out.

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post

Not hard.
    Thing is like with most other things, IF there is an easy way around no way you will waste time to fly there. Its the same argument as ground versus flying mounts. Sure portal is convenient but pandaria is so small with the faction hubs litterally in the middle of it all, that i just cant see the problem with flying there. IF it is a problem, set your hs up there (Hearthstones arent always bound to main cities despite many ppl doing so )

All in all, if you got a problem with spending a few minutes maybe less flying there, thats kinda sad. Flying made it so easy that demanding theese portals is atrocious when you use an argument such as "slow thing".

Quote Originally Posted by Halaberiel View Post
    That's all well & good when you're clearing a raid in one go without wipes. But having to run from Stoneguard to Will of the Emperor every single wipe, for 5 nights a week, just for the sake of continuity, seems like terrible foresight to me.
    Whatever, goblin glider races down the stairs are all that keep MSV entertaining!

That and punting AFK fuckers into Elegon's hole.

On topic: If you've gotten Gold on Siege of Niuzao Temple you can just use the Challenger's Path to port out there
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    It's already on the map since 5.0 :')
    Quote Originally Posted by dezaroth111 View Post
    but tol barad is on the map i think you mean the molten front firelands zone
    I should have explained better, but waht I mean is that this island is going to be istances even if you actually see it on a map. We watch Tol Barad next to Gilneas but it really is an istanced zona because noone can arrive there flying. The transport system to the island is going to be exactly the same like Tol Barad and also without flying mounts, they are not going to test a zone with ground perspective and introduce flying mounts later.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zirp View Post
    The transport system to the island is going to be exactly the same like Tol Barad and also without flying mounts, they are not going to test a zone with ground perspective and introduce flying mounts later.
    I hate such kinda zones! Baradin Isle, Molten Front and Isle of Quel'Danas was already bad enough, don't they learn from their mistakes? No-fly zones should never exist in PvE daily quest areas, at least not on PvE servers.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Seemed faster than taking a flight path.
    that's only because flight paths are required by law to circle the continent twice and make pit stops every 30s to feed the gryphons :P

but yeah I don't see how alt tabbing while flying is any better for the game than portals
    can the OP answer this question for me?

10+ Year Old Account
    What exactly is so rewarding about flying there instead of a portal? Seems like some people want their video games to become a second life rather than a game.