Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I was popping them on cd, wolves do terrible damage in comparison to your character assuming you aren't afk half the time.
    Mine did 2.4% of my damage on vizier (rank 2) and 3.0% of my damage on blade lord (rank 1). Pretty sure I wasn't afk.

Quote Originally Posted by Defines View Post
    No that's actually about correct. My Spirit Wolves only did 0.44% of my damage on Gara'jal parse (Was only like Rank 8).
    If you're referring to this parse, they did 2.8% of your damage (1174032/41433853).
    Last edited by Nitwit; 2013-01-11 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    Mine did 2.4% of my damage on vizier (rank 2) and 3.0% of my damage on blade lord (rank 1). Pretty sure I wasn't afk.

If you're referring to this parse, they did 2.8% of your damage (1174032/41433853).
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...&e=985#Defines This one ;o. No specific reason I picked it either, just the first one that showed up on my WoW-Heroes page.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Quote Originally Posted by Defines View Post
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...&e=985#Defines This one ;o. No specific reason I picked it either, just the first one that showed up on my WoW-Heroes page.
    2.3% of your damage there. No idea where you got 0.44% from.

Deleted
    Lol people are looking at the damage from their wolfs compared to the entire raid, that's why the crazy low numbers.

wolfs 1198569 0.27% 13210.3 3610.2 90.7s 27.4%
    fire ele 2096940 0.47% 33438.2 6316.1 62.7s 18.9%

Wolfs will be better than fire elemental if this setbonus just doubles their uptime, imagine tripple.

Deleted
    2.3 % is weak. Both our set bonuses togehter in T14 make about or even more than 5% dps. The new ones will be together less than 3%.

I hope they rework them. Otherwise, the UF nerf together with EM nerf + weaker set bonuses will be a massive nerf compared to other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    2.3 % is weak. Both our set bonuses togehter in T14 make about or even more than 5% dps. The new ones will be together less than 3%.

I hope they rework them. Otherwise, the UF nerf together with EM nerf + weaker set bonuses will be a massive nerf compared to other classes.
    Our current bonuses are only worth that much if you have UF. They're worth ~3-4% combined for PE on the PTR (which is on-par with live UF), and the reason our T15 bonuses are worth less than 3% combined DPS is because of how weak the 2p bonus is. The 4p is fine.
    Last edited by Nitwit; 2013-01-11 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post

So they did 2.3% of your damage. The set bonus triples their uptime meaing a 4.6% bonus to damage. + ridiculous survivability.

Yes the 2 set however I have issues with. I really like the idea of being able to generate up to 8 maelstrom procs, this would be phenomenal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Up to 8? Really? I can see 6 to throw us a bone.
    Guatama - Enhancement
    Slowbrah - Retribution/Holy
    Jamespage - Demonology PVP
    Evocati (H - Zul'jin) is recruiting for 25 man.
    Visit our website to apply.

With 3 stacks of MW, how long is the cast time for elemental blast? It look like blizz is trying to get enhancers to test out the talent especially with that agility buff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swarles View Post
    So they did 2.3% of your damage. The set bonus triples their uptime meaing a 4.6% bonus to damage. + ridiculous survivability.

Yes the 2 set however I have issues with. I really like the idea of being able to generate up to 8 maelstrom procs, this would be phenomenal.
    Wolves damage won't even double.

We currently have every 11 seconds a wf procc, with more haste and EM every 10.6 sec according to simcraft. On average it means that we will get (after the first one) every 68.4 seconds another SW ready, instead of every 120 seconds. That's not even doubling the uptime. On a 5min fight, it means you get instead of 3 SW
    4 uses and a little rest of the 5th one now.

In pratice, it will never ever being close to doubling it. On a 6min fight, it will be 3-> 5.
    On a 7min fight, it will be 4 -> 6.

As cou can see, it 's more like a 50% to 70% uptime increase on an ability that does 2.3% dps. So it's more like a 1.5% dps increase on average - whic is weak. It simply is a weak bonus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by withoutaname View Post
    With 3 stacks of MW, how long is the cast time for elemental blast? It look like blizz is trying to get enhancers to test out the talent especially with that agility buff.
    You have to hard cast Elemental Blast it is unaffected by Maelstrom procs, completely overlooked and horrible design.
    Last edited by mmoc20a281d1e5; 2013-01-12 at 02:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You probably have to autoattack to get a 3% dps increase from this bonus. Going off wolves doing 0.8% (highest I've ever seen on my logs) you're looking at closer to 1.5% damage increase. Pathetic for a set bonus and will likely lose out to better itemized offset pieces if they exist.
    Exactly this they are a pathetic cd compared to what they use to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Traffic View Post
    You have to hard cast Elemental Blast it is unaffected by Maelstrom procs, completely overlooked and horrible design.
    Don't spread bullshits, thanks.

EB IS affected by MW.
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by withoutaname View Post
    This is exactly what I was thinking.
    Roboctopus of STAY MAD - Sargeras
    http://staymad.enjin.com/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanda View Post
    Don't spread bullshits, thanks.

EB IS affected by MW.
    Seems to be the case, last time I fucked around on the dummy I was thinking it did not. No idea what I was doing that day.

Our current bonuses are only worth that much if you have UF. They're worth ~3-4% combined for PE on the PTR (which is on-par with live UF), and the reason our T15 bonuses are worth less than 3% combined DPS is because of how weak the 2p bonus is. The 4p is fine.
    When individual set bonuses are meant to be 3% dmg increase 3% combined is pathetic.

When individual set bonuses are meant to be 3% dmg increase 3% combined is pathetic.
    What is your evidence that individual set bonuses are supposed to be a 3% damage increase? From memory, that's almost never been the case for us. I can think of two exceptions - 2p T10 (if you used SR perfectly on cooldown), and 4p T14 (only if spec'd UF - it's worth ~2% for PE and ~1.6% for EB).

Our 2p bonus from this tier is worth ~1.6-1.7%, our 4p bonus from T13 was worth ~1.4%, our 2p bonus from T13 was worth ~2.4%, our 4p bonus from T12 was worth ~2.1%, our 2p bonus from T12 was worth ~1.7%, our 4p bonus from T11 was worth a hilarious ~0.5%, and the 2p was only around ~1.8%.

In this context, the 4p T14 bonus being worth 1.7-1.8% is not out of the ordinary. 2p T15 being worth 0.8-1% is pretty terrible, but even that isn't the worst set bonus we've ever had.
    Last edited by Nitwit; 2013-01-12 at 10:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeonde View Post
    This is exactly what I was thinking.
    I wasn't even thinking about it, just "oh great with the set bonus Unleashed Fury is buffed even more"
    However, even fresh out of MW stacks a quick UE will make an Ele Blast cast non-consequential.
    Guatama - Enhancement
    Slowbrah - Retribution/Holy
    Jamespage - Demonology PVP
    Evocati (H - Zul'jin) is recruiting for 25 man.
    Visit our website to apply.

Edit: Weird things happen when you go to edit a post apparently.
    Last edited by Swarles; 2013-01-13 at 06:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The T15 4pc bonus is underwhelming, in my opinion. Feral Spirits is a low portion of a person's DPS, which is why I personally treat it as a survival CD instead of a DPS increase. Since this is still rather early in the PTR, I'm hoping the bonus gets reworked - otherwise enh shaman are going to stay away from it big time.

Edit: Just to add, I'd love to have Feral Spirits get a buff. I haven't considered it a serious DPS CD post-WotLK.
    Last edited by Alayea; 2013-01-13 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Clarity.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn