Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    atleast add it to the cpu one aswell then so we can spot the actual performance of certain overclocks? (sneaky people without HT for example ^^)
    I said CPU OC leaderboard thread. :P Cinebench is all about CPUs.

It would be so that people could see how their 4.5GHz i5-2500K compares to others with the exact same stuff, or how much of a difference there is with the i7-2600K, or losing/gaining a few hundred MHz...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I said CPU OC leaderboard thread. :P Cinebench is all about CPUs.

It would be so that people could see how their 4.5GHz i5-2500K compares to others with the exact same stuff, or how much of a difference there is with the i7-2600K, or losing/gaining a few hundred MHz...
    not my evening, there is also a gpu test thought you wanted to include it there only lol. (guessing this is one of those moments you realize sleep deprivation kicks in)

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    not my evening, there is also a gpu test thought you wanted to include it there only lol. (guessing this is one of those moments you realize sleep deprivation kicks in)
    Sleep is good and I've only used the CPU end of Cinebench, don't think I ever realized it has a GPU test.

But we've used plenty of GPU tests that show their strength well enough: Heaven and 3DMark.

Prime95 sadly doesn't really show the CPU's strength very well.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Sleep is good and I've only used the CPU end of Cinebench, don't think I ever realized it has a GPU test.

But we've used plenty of GPU tests that show their strength well enough: Heaven and 3DMark.

Prime95 sadly doesn't really show the CPU's strength very well.
    actual performance in practical numbers instead of just speeds, sounds like a fine plan.

Have you bothered reading the info about Windows Experience Index (honestly WEI is a shit benchmarking software to begin with) but unless they updated it in Windows 8, 7.9 is the max anything can get.

Also, why did you buy such overkill? What games other than WoW do you play?

Frankly I can point out quite a few things to change in that build that would have actually increased performance per dollar and also gotten you benefits that you'll soon enough wish you'd thought of.

AKA, go for a cheaper CPU and chipset and get a bigger SSD, etc etc.
    The reason is that I bought such an "overkill" PC, is becaus it's not overkill for me.
    I didn't buy it for gaming, i just happen to game on it. I'm doing alot of 3D rendering and design and also really heavy photoshop files, hench the 32GB ram that would be useless for gaming.

I just heard rumors about Windows 8 WEI beeing quite accurate by a mate, wich seem to be wrong. I've been in Kenya for a long time doing charity so I've not had the oportunity to keep myself updated on theese thigns, nor the time.

No need for bigger storage is I most often work on sky disks anyway, and only use it for temp. files =) With 100/100 Mbit connection it's wonders what the world can give you through a cable ;o

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 11:29 PM ----------

Also I unplugged all cables, and put them back in, and everything is fine now - so i guess another cable beside the SLI where a bit loose after driving over the mountain.
    No more fans going berserk or restarting computer =)
    As a response to the crowds whining about PvE beeing too hard throughout vanilla and TBC Blizzard recently hired on Bob the Builder.
    In a recent press confrence on the subject he was quoted as saying "Can we fix it? Yes we can!".