Thread: WarCraft 4?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I think the best bet people, is for Warcraft 3 to be "remade" in the updated Starcraft 2 engine with higher res models and graphics. This is probably most likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    They will make one... they just can't resist... but right now their RTS team is busy with Starcraft... so yeah until starcraft is done with we won't be seeing anything about war4...

WoW won't last forever(actually I don't think it'll last for more then 3 expansions from now) and they'll need something to tie the stories of wow and WoW 2... hence why they will make war4... and then a year or two later release wow 2... just my guess anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Deathrider View Post
    Yes, it was probably just a rumour. Guess i m among the ppl who started playing WoW because of wc3, not because its some MMO game that have good behind story etc and would like to see wc3 (rts) in some new shape

i found some simillar post to this here on forums but im not yet allowed to post links...

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 04:34 PM ----------

Since i cannot post links i just copy-paste text from site where i found

Warcraft IV? Blizzard Entertainment files complaint over HeroesofWarcraft.com

Over the past year, Blizzard Entertainment has made a number of domain acquisitions including StarCraft.com, nearly 15 years after the game's first release. The company also registered the name WarcraftBattles.com just last month for unknown reasons. Now, Blizzard Entertainment is attempting to acquire the domain HeroesofWarcraft.com, only instead of having to pay what may be a lot of money demanded by its current owner, the company has filed a complaint (Case No. 1470639) with the National Arbitration Forum in hopes of the name being ordered transferred to their control. Will "Heroes of Warcraft" be the title of the next Warcraft? (Blizzard Entertainment, PC, WarCraft IV, Warcraft series)
    Unquote
    This just shows that Blizzard wants to prevent paying millions in the future in case they want to make a game, write a book or anything warcraft related.

I'm sure Blizzard already owns the rights to multiply URL variations of (World of) Warcraft, Starcraft and even Diablo (trying going to diablo.com).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I badly want a WarCraft IV. Either as a WC1 remake, or continue after WC3:TFT.
    Continue after WC3:TFT ? You mean continue the story? If so then im afraid u have lost the "train" long ago right when WoW launched. WoW continues the events after WC3:TFT ( some years after ).

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    They will make one... they just can't resist... but right now their RTS team is busy with Starcraft... so yeah until starcraft is done with we won't be seeing anything about war4...

WoW won't last forever(actually I don't think it'll last for more then 3 expansions from now) and they'll need something to tie the stories of wow and WoW 2... hence why they will make war4... and then a year or two later release wow 2... just my guess anyway
    Let say the last expansion for WoW gets a release in 2017, and Warcraft (4?) is released during a year later as RTS game in 2018. Titan could make a release in 2019 making WoW live a 2 year period as the stand alone MMO for Blizzard til Titan takes over in 2019. Same as they managed to keep WoW up for more than 8 years, Titan could have the same age. 7-8 years later, a new WoW era can be announced, since by then Titan is pretty old . The new game could continue the storyline we played in Warcraft 7-8 years ago. Just my fantasy but could work. W8 years for a new game/ or a sequel is nothing when it comes to gaming industri. Bit of topic Still w8 for HL3
    | Lenovo Legion5 17ACH6H | i7 8700K @ 4.7 GhZ| ASUS Rog Strix Z370-F GAMING | 32 GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 3600MHz | 2 x Acer 27" Predator XB271HU | Fractal Design Meshify C | Master MasterLiquid ML360R WaterCooling | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | Samsung 980 PRO M.2 1Tb | Asus RTX 2070 | EVGA 650W GQ | Steelseries Rival | Logitech G815 | Playstation 5 | Xbox Series X | Nintendo Switch

Deleted
    I would love new Warcraft, or at least remake of old ones with SC2 visuals quality.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    I would love new Warcraft, or at least remake of old ones with SC2 visuals quality.
    This is easily the most likely option, as the engine is there alongside the fanbase. Blizzard could re-release Warcraft 3 HD or whatever in the new Starcraft 2 engine and give it to people with Annual pass (we need another promotion like this), or 39.99 otherwise. There's really no reason not to, and if Morhaime wants to add another billion to his net worth he would be all over this.

My idea, while highly unlikely, would be to have an RTS integrated with WoW with gameplay similar to Savage 2 and cross connected like Eve. Imagine, playing WoW and being that Orc grunt on the battle field, while someone with the RTS is up in the sky giving orders and building. I would throw my wallet at this.

Or even another crazy idea is just implement a Warcraft 3 game INTO WoW. We already have pet battles, so why not add another mini-game?

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    I think the best bet people, is for Warcraft 3 to be "remade" in the updated Starcraft 2 engine with higher res models and graphics. This is probably most likely.
    Well as far as i know Blizz dota using Starcraft 2 engine, i dont see problem to make Warcraft 4 with the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathrider View Post
    Well as far as i know Blizz dota using Starcraft 2 engine, i dont see problem to make Warcraft 4 with the same.
    The problem with Warcraft 4 is that WoW is where the storyline progresses, so there's really no way they can cut off into an RTS. They might be able to, but it's unlikely.

I wish for a warcraft 4, maybe I can actually find some Tower Defense games that aren't Wintermaul One.

10+ Year Old Account
    They would consider creating Warcraft 4 only when:
    - The team of Starcraft 2 is done creating the game and it's expansions.
    - If they feel the time is right to make one.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    The problem with Warcraft 4 is that WoW is where the storyline progresses, so there's really no way they can cut off into an RTS. They might be able to, but it's unlikely.
    Blizz never had problem to cut storyline, so far they had alot of unreasonable storyline inputs. (example: implementation of Sunwell, Kil Jaeden as final boss, een if Ilidan was supose to be main baddy, Blizz tho admited they made mistake)

And i dont see why would we not have both WC 4 and WoW at the same time, no matter where based on storyline are they at that moment. Like u wouldnt go buy WC4?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    They would consider creating Warcraft 4 only when:
    - The team of Starcraft 2 is done creating the game and it's expansions.
    - If they feel the time is right to make one.
    yeah, unfortunately thats big problem, since they were busy with SC2 and all the expansions last couple of years. When they will finish with Legacy of the void, then maybe could focus on W4, but it's sooooo mnay years of development, I don't even want to think about it.

You can be pretty sure Blizzard is working already on Warcraft 4 as they did it with Diablo 3.
    Also the Starcraft 2 thing.. to make a addon you don't need the whole team, most of the time you need just a bunch of people.
    The rest is working already on the second addon and here again, i am sure the most stuff is already done. Need just some tweaking and as you know.. Blizzard take years to tweak stuff
    I am also very sure we won't play Titan before 2017..

I would love to see Warcraft4 as a mix of an classic rts game (wc3) and a rpg game ( let's say wowish view).

Really hope they don't need so long this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope Warcraft 4 will be an MMORTS since there are almost none of them and they way it works is kinda interesting.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good luck cleaning up the lore mess WoW made, and at the same time run it paralell to what's going on it WoW. If and by the time WoW becomes obsolete, I doubt there's much left to explore in the warcraft universe, atleast things that are still relevant to the RTS series...

Quote Originally Posted by Iso View Post
    I doubt there's much left to explore in the warcraft universe...

That's because you had the word ''Azeroth'' in you'r head when you typed that.
    There is still much more to explore. We had 8 year's of WoW, Azeroth + Outland, a peace of Draenor. and still there's plenty more outside this world.
    | Lenovo Legion5 17ACH6H | i7 8700K @ 4.7 GhZ| ASUS Rog Strix Z370-F GAMING | 32 GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 3600MHz | 2 x Acer 27" Predator XB271HU | Fractal Design Meshify C | Master MasterLiquid ML360R WaterCooling | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | Samsung 980 PRO M.2 1Tb | Asus RTX 2070 | EVGA 650W GQ | Steelseries Rival | Logitech G815 | Playstation 5 | Xbox Series X | Nintendo Switch

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    I want them to do it when wow as we know it needs a radical change. Make Warcraft IV a bridge between wow and wow 2 in a way. maybe a hundred or so years in the future. We need some fresh story.
    Exactly what I was thinking! I mean they might as well right? Lets say they all of a sudden run out of continent space on the world of world of warcraft...... Warcraft 4 could be like a whole new world with similar and new races or so that would lead into WoW 2..... nice... if only if only

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iso View Post
    Good luck cleaning up the lore mess WoW made, and at the same time run it paralell to what's going on it WoW. If and by the time WoW becomes obsolete, I doubt there's much left to explore in the warcraft universe, atleast things that are still relevant to the RTS series...
    That's why they should make a big time leap and set it centuries after the era of WoW.

When it was announced that the Starcraft 2 campaign would be released in 3 parts, blizzard said in an interview they would use the same system for Warcraft 4.
    Wether they mean it as an "If" statement was unclear.