Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

My first 72 hour ban on the wow fourms..

nothing great either, was a post on page 16 on another thread that 6 other threads I were following were deleted?

Mods over there going a bit loco?

*didn't even get in any name calling or rage just got it because I said I was posting on thread moderation under the section of Ban Type:
    "other"

Chances are you did something which breaks their rules, hence the ban. Their site, their rules. I won't say post it here, because if it got you banned there it's probably not allowed or good here either.

English forum mods are a bit of crazy, yes. Portuguese forum mods can lock a lot of threads, but they rarely put people on a ban. And those people TRY HARD to deserve the ban.

I broke the rules I guess but really just commenting that some threads I was following were deleted was viewed as discussing their moderation (seems like someone really had a bug up the back side to press that one)

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Chances are you did something which breaks their rules, hence the ban. Their site, their rules. I won't say post it here, because if it got you banned there it's probably not allowed or good here either.
    I think I could post what I posted on a Disney forum and I don't think anyone would give it a sec thought.
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2012-12-27 at 01:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The blizzard mods ban for almost anything.

I got a 30 day ban randomly 4 no reason gg

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Only for breaching their rules, which I'd be willing to bet very few people actually take the time to read. I know that because -I'm- like that. If someone is in a situation where they don't believe that they've broken any rules, it's up to that person to message the moderators about it (privately), not come to a fan-site complaining about it to people who can't do anything, and who most likely don't give a damn to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got a month ban for saying the word fuck. I'm fucking Australian, the word fuck is up there with my most commonly used. I was using it in adjectival sense too, fucking assholes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

been posting for years and never had an issue till now, seems they've (for better term for it) got a bit over sensitive..

Was not even questioning a certain thread just 6 of the threads I was following were deleted
    ban read as, the following
    "72 hour suspension from the World of Warcraft forums for discussing forum moderation or reposting threads & replies that have been removed for Code of Conduct violations. Threads may be locked or deleted for violating Forum Guidelines, being redundant, or to consolidate multiple threads talking about the same issue."

And again it was not my thread I was posting on page 16 when I commented.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    yup enough said. Show's over! Nothing to see here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementalkin View Post
    Only for breaching their rules, which I'd be willing to bet very few people actually take the time to read. I know that because -I'm- like that. If someone is in a situation where they don't believe that they've broken any rules, it's up to that person to message the moderators about it (privately), not come to a fan-site complaining about it to people who can't do anything, and who most likely don't give a damn to begin with.
    I got banned once for something not even listed on here rules. They answered with " blizzard can ban you for anything read the tos."

So yes they do ban for anything. Emailing them about why you were banned = no answer or a template replay.

---------- Post added 2012-12-26 at 07:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    been posting for years and never had an issue till now, seems they've (for better term for it) got a bit over sensitive..

Was not even questioning a certain thread just 6 of the threads I was following were deleted
    ban read as, the following
    "72 hour suspension from the World of Warcraft forums for discussing forum moderation or reposting threads & replies that have been removed for Code of Conduct violations. Threads may be locked or deleted for violating Forum Guidelines, being redundant, or to consolidate multiple threads talking about the same issue."

And again it was not my thread I was posting on page 16 when I commented.
    I had a similar issue over the real id uproar. I quoted someone and said I could not agree more and was banned for 30 days for "trolling"

Blizzard will forum ban anyone who isn't a regular retard on their forums. Like those idiots who make /Hug threads and who's the most sexy race, and everyone's favorite Sha of Happiness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Blizzard will forum ban anyone who isn't a regular retard on their forums. Like those idiots who make /Hug threads and who's the most sexy race, and everyone's favorite Sha of Happiness.
    ^This.

Hell one of their mvp's makes tons of troll post and is still mvp

For some things it's good to keep the forums clean but you start going after gray area things their just going to drive people to other outputs like twitter and Facebook or fan sites to air out their issue and instead of just mostly customers seeing it, you're going to have potential customers seeing it and possibly driving them away.

Be honest the official forums have become almost useless, need to follow twitter or some other site now to keep up on anything not like it use to be.

The WoW forums are pretty meh now a days. If all the mods did their duty most of the people posting would be banned. There is so much trolling on there it's ridiculous.

Banned for discussing locked topics etc is perfectly legitimate, every forum does that.

You poor dear! Here's a hanky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    nailed! :>

I have received several bans on the german forums because of <insert random bullshit reason here> aka trolling or you use a specific word that blizzard don't like. Regardless in which context it was used... blizz likes buzzword bans.

I got banned once for something not even listed on here rules. They answered with " blizzard can ban you for anything read the tos."
    Do you have any evidence of the incident, like maybe a screenshot or some other record of it? Otherwise, all we have to go on is your word that whatever you were banned for wasn't within the ToS. Unfortunately, you go on to say:

I had a similar issue over the real id uproar. I quoted someone and said I could not agree more and was banned for 30 days for "trolling"
    ...Which is against the ToS. Posting that you agree with someone and adding nothing else would count as a non-constructive post, which is listed under spamming or trolling. Sorry.
    Last edited by Elementalkin; 2012-12-27 at 03:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The WoW forums ban all the moderately harsh posts, while leaving tens of useless unrelated threads up and going. It really pisses me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementalkin View Post
    ...Which is against the ToS. Posting that you agree with someone else and adding nothing else would count as a non-constructive post, which is listed under spamming or trolling. Sorry.
    Mate, if the blizzard mods banned every person when they posted something not constructive, the forums would have roughly no people left. Its a fucking cesspool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Tbh I think it depends on their mood or something, I've written several times stuff that I'm quite sure would have deserved me a ban but nothing ever happened.

...then again, they probably don't go into class forums. >_>