Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    He is supposed to be sort of the Pandaria version of Thorim. The difference is that while Thorim existed with many other keepers at Ulduar, due to the large threat posed by Yogg-Saron should he have escaped Ulduar, it seems Ra-Den was left to guard the Engine of Nalak'sha all by himself.

    This became a problem when the Mogu, former servants of the Titans that were transformed by the curse of flesh, turned twisted over time and one of them, Lei Shen, entered the vaults and did battle with Ra-Den, somehow winning and ripping out the titan keeper's heart, which is what has given the Thunder King his power.

    Since then, he was taken to Thunder Isle and locked inside the Thunder King's fortress, his "flesh" taken and used in experiments in fleshshaping. Likely when the Thunder King was killed during the rebellion, the mogu abandoned the island and Ra-Den was kept locked deep and alone below the fortress, possibly going mad.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post

    stop getting mad because something you're into is being made fun of

    isn't that why you counter-culture folks do all that stupid, weird ass shit? to get attention? well here it is, you got it.

    you know why you don't see many adults who are into that shit? because when you get older you realize how fucking dumb it was

    Honestly, I don't know where to start,but I am pretty sure where to end, though and its at the part where I say that not only you prove me right by generalizing tendencies, but you dare to judge a person you know nothing more than his avatar and mmo champ nickname? Seriously?
    I don't think its about me being counter-culture when ignorants like you even say that Dr. Manhattan is emo, so get your facts straight and don't even try to mention adulthood in this, you are far from it and even worse if you are practically an adult indeed.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    hair covering your face is emo
    "i'm so sad i don't want the world to see me"
    Seriously? hair covering your face is emo now?

    | Warrior Moderator | Protection Warrior Weakaura Group |

  4. #24
    Warchief Vayjir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    2,249
    He reminds me a lot more of Kratos from God of War tbh.
    DA(>^-^)>Dont Click on this. <(^-^<) Steamz Sig&Ava By Elyssia

  5. #25
    I thought Thorim was the emo one since he was all QQ my Sif.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    stop getting mad because something you're into is being made fun of

    isn't that why you counter-culture folks do all that stupid, weird ass shit? to get attention? well here it is, you got it.

    you know why you don't see many adults who are into that shit? because when you get older you realize how fucking dumb it was
    hahah its so true. would read again.

  7. #27
    My apologies, my goal was not to focus this thread around the specific term "emo." I probably should have been more careful with my adjectives.

    My first thoughts when I saw the model were "look at all of those cuts" and "why does he have sweeping hair covering only one eye" and "he looks like he could be quite angry or filled with inner turmoil." For some reason the vocab word that came to mind was emo. In looking at the wiki entry for emo, I find: "The emo fashion is also recognized for its hairstyles. Popular looks include thin, flat and smooth hair with lots of hair on the sides and back of the head with long side-swept bangs, sometimes covering one or both eyes...Short, choppy layers of hair are also common...Emo has been associated with a stereotype that includes being particularly emotional, sensitive, shy, introverted, or angst-ridden"

  8. #28
    The Patient Roguezor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    307
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    hair covering your face is emo
    "i'm so sad i don't want the world to see me"

    emo mainly just means you look like a little shit. i think a lot of you guys think emo is goth anyway

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 09:42 AM ----------



    stop getting mad because something you're into is being made fun of

    isn't that why you counter-culture folks do all that stupid, weird ass shit? to get attention? well here it is, you got it.

    you know why you don't see many adults who are into that shit? because when you get older you realize how fucking dumb it was
    Yeh! Because it's soo much better to be a sheep.... right?

    Anyway: Emo =/= cutting yourself, people using the term that way have no idea what it actually is...
    Imagine some who is an expert at computer stuff, then you place an old person who never used a computer next to him/her. Yeh, those screaming emo at everything/everyone dark and mysterious = that old person.

    Now on topic/the picture: First thing that came to mind for me was a wounded kolagarn kind of dude... Except this one seems to have blood/flesh under that stone layer, which kolagarn did not (exploding stone arms/head...)

    Kinda looks more "mortal" than the one in the picture to the left. And not only because of the wounds, but because of the face/eyes etc.
    You know... less stone even tho he looks more like a stone hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillieB View Post
    Well the shadow-priest ain't a daffodil tooting snuggle bunny either. Besides this is the priest forum not gonna get much love for that line of reasoning here locky-loo - All your sha are belonging to us.
    Pokémon Y FC: 3866 - 8569 - 5310 (Fire safari: Larvesta - Ponyta - Braixen) PM with your code if you deside to add me

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Seriously? hair covering your face is emo now?
    (//o) is a very cliched and stereotypical goth/emo look.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    hair covering your face is emo
    "i'm so sad i don't want the world to see me"

    emo mainly just means you look like a little shit. i think a lot of you guys think emo is goth anyway

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 09:42 AM ----------



    stop getting mad because something you're into is being made fun of

    isn't that why you counter-culture folks do all that stupid, weird ass shit? to get attention? well here it is, you got it.

    you know why you don't see many adults who are into that shit? because when you get older you realize how fucking dumb it was
    who are you to decide whats dumb and what not ? I could say.. in my opionion the way you live is dumb in 30 years you realize that

    seriously what wrong with freaks like you ?

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Honestly, I don't know where to start,but I am pretty sure where to end, though and its at the part where I say that not only you prove me right by generalizing tendencies, but you dare to judge a person you know nothing more than his avatar and mmo champ nickname? Seriously?
    I don't think its about me being counter-culture when ignorants like you even say that Dr. Manhattan is emo, so get your facts straight and don't even try to mention adulthood in this, you are far from it and even worse if you are practically an adult indeed.
    I like how this is your argument, but literally has nothing to do with anything. Gee Geeeeeeee!

    On Topic: I don't really think this new WoW model looks Emo, but perhaps the meaning of the word emo has changed in the last 10 or so years since I last saw/heard anyone actually call anything emo.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Roguezor View Post
    Yeh! Because it's soo much better to be a sheep.... right?
    I believe South Park put it best: "If you want to be non-conformist all you have to do is wear the same clothes as us and listen to the same music we do".

    Anyway: Emo =/= cutting yourself, people using the term that way have no idea what it actually is...
    Imagine some who is an expert at computer stuff, then you place an old person who never used a computer next to him/her. Yeh, those screaming emo at everything/everyone dark and mysterious = that old person.
    And anyone that gushes about something being "dark and mysterious" sounds like an emo/goth kid, or at the very least, a poser.

    (And in case it gets lost in all of the side discussions, in no way shape or form do I agree that the actual picture related to the OP is "emo".)

  13. #33
    Two pages in and thread is already derailed. lolololololololol

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Two pages in and thread is already derailed. lolololololololol
    Not a big surprise.

    The OP started the thread by mis-using a term, which then got everyone crawling all over the term itself.

  15. #35
    If you look the img is called titan-captured.jpg which suggests something fairly big going down. Missing Tyr perhaps?

  16. #36
    The lore theory is that the Mogu discovered that Titan/Keeper (is it Tyr?) and imprisoned it. He was guarding some sort of weapon/artifact. When the Tunder King discovered this, he defeated the Keeper and used its power to rule.

    The mogu then went about using his blood to do stuff (it's in the strings) and empower themselves.

    Supposedly, Lei Shen constructed something to guard what the Keeper was originally guarding - this is probably Ra-den.

  17. #37
    He could be tyr and they just decided to call him Ra-den because he wouldn't give his true name or something, idk.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I'm amazed of the detail he has. I mean those wounds actually have depth.
    Some of those wounds might be chunks of his flesh stripped away to craft the Divine Bell.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 05:19 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Liha View Post
    If you look the img is called titan-captured.jpg which suggests something fairly big going down. Missing Tyr perhaps?
    Not Tyr, no Silver Hand, connected to Storms/Lightning, and Tyr was an inspiration patron and paragon for early humans. This guy is in Pandaria and has been trapped there for over 12000 years, before the Pandaren revolution.

  19. #39
    Looks more like Kologarn but okay?

  20. #40
    Lol, he does look similar :P
    "Not one moment for granted". - Steve Cortez

    Currently playing World of Warcraft and the Mass Effect trilogy. Not at the same time, of course. I'm not an octopus.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •