Disable Incoming Damage and Healing Combat Text

Hi,

I've been playing for years and finally decided it was time to reduce the amount of scrolling spam that clutters the center of my screen. I recently picked up msbt and I have it set to only show incoming damage and healing. I'd like to keep everything else that is incoming set to the default blizzard combat text.

My question is, how do I turn off incoming damage and healing in the default Blizzard combat text?

Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by jhurley713 View Post
    Hi,

I've been playing for years and finally decided it was time to reduce the amount of scrolling spam that clutters the center of my screen. I recently picked up msbt and I have it set to only show incoming damage and healing. I'd like to keep everything else that is incoming set to the default blizzard combat text.

My question is, how do I turn off incoming damage and healing in the default Blizzard combat text?

Thank You.
    I'm not in game atm but there should be the options to turn damage and healing off in the default settings.
    esc -> interface -> floating combat text.

I thought there would be as well, but there is no option for that. The list of options for default floating text is:

enable,
    scroll type,
    dodge/parry/miss,
    damage reduction,
    rep changes,
    spell alerts,
    friendly healers,
    enter/leave combat,
    combo points,
    low mana/health,
    energy gains,
    periodic energy gains,
    honorable kills,
    auras gained/lossed

even with all of those turned off, incoming damage and healing still show.

Quote Originally Posted by jhurley713 View Post
    I thought there would be as well, but there is no option for that. The list of options for default floating text is:

enable,
    scroll type,
    dodge/parry/miss,
    damage reduction,
    rep changes,
    spell alerts,
    friendly healers,
    enter/leave combat,
    combo points,
    low mana/health,
    energy gains,
    periodic energy gains,
    honorable kills,
    auras gained/lossed

even with all of those turned off, incoming damage and healing still show.
    Above that is

"Floating Combat Text on Target"
    uncheck
    -Damage
    -Healing

*edit*
    NVM i don't think you can disable only damage and healing incomming. All or nothing

If you're just trying to reduce the clutter then it's just easier to have it all displayed within MSBT. You can move/add more scroll areas and fine tune where you like specific things to show up in the Events part of the options. An example is i made a new area just for my outgoing crits and all my crits display in 1 spot.
    Last edited by bOOURNS; 2013-01-10 at 04:49 PM.

Code:
    /run local t=COMBAT_TEXT_TYPE_INFO;t.HEAL.show=nil;t.HEAL_CRIT.show=nil;t.PERIODIC_HEAL.show=nil;t.DAMAGE=nil;t.DAMAGE_CRIT=nil;t.SPELL_DAMAGE=nil;t.SPELL_DAMAGE_CRIT=nil
    Use this macro to disable Damage and Healing, I think the rest can be toggled by the interface option, if something is missing (you would like to remove), just say what it is.

Thanks, this macro is very helpful for this situation. There is one thing I could use further advice on.. is there a combat_text_type for absorbs? Some of the current end game fights involve a lot of damage absorbing (*cough* Malkorok). It floods the screen with combat text even with the provided macro and I've been unsuccessful in adding a line or two to /kick absorb-type text.

Quote Originally Posted by sshika View Post
    Code:
    /run local t=COMBAT_TEXT_TYPE_INFO;t.HEAL.show=nil;t.HEAL_CRIT.show=nil;t.PERIODIC_HEAL.show=nil;t.DAMAGE=nil;t.DAMAGE_CRIT=nil;t.SPELL_DAMAGE=nil;t.SPELL_DAMAGE_CRIT=nil
    Use this macro to disable Damage and Healing, I think the rest can be toggled by the interface option, if something is missing (you would like to remove), just say what it is.
    Thank you so much man. I doubt you will see my reply but you'r the man ! I have search how to disable Blizzard incoming Damage (and keep all the rest ofc) for 1H! THX THX