Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    My main priority would be to remove all the combat-enhancing racials. They are broken. At the very least they require major adjusting.

    Ideally they could be replaced with flavour and cosmetic racials. I don't have any suggestions prepared for that, however.

    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Every faction should get the same active racial, just with different names.
    I would be remotely satisfied with this change alone. I would still prefer removing them altogether in order to not prioritise certain races for certain classes.

  2. #22
    I am Murloc! Airwaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Posts
    5,861
    Removed them all. I am sick of seeing people i know go alliance for that 1k extra pvp power. Which in future seasons will go up more and more pvp power which will make even more people go human. As new pvp season gear comes out the human racial gets more and more powerful. If they don't want to remove it at-least give Undead the exact same one to make it fair.
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

  3. #23
    Alliance:

    Dwarf: leave them Stoneform & Explorer
    Gnome: new racial - -=LOL=- - using LOL (3min CD) causes all enemies in a 6yd range to fall over laughing (immobilizing them for 2 seconds); leave them Escape Artist and Engineering prof racials.
    Worgen: leave them Darkflight, Running Wild, Flayer
    Human: leave Diplomacy (but at 5%, not 10%); as for another racial... allow them to be the ONLY race able to be any class... cuz humans adapt to stuff.
    Night Elf: Shadowmeld only
    Draenei: leave them Gemcutting and Gift of Naaru (10%, instead of 20%)



    Horde:

    Orc: Blood and Thunder (3min CD - stun all enemies in 6yd range for 3 sec)
    Tauren: leave Warstomp and Cultivation as is, Endurance to 3% stam (being the ONLY main stat increase as a racial)
    Troll: leave Regen, Berserk, and Shuffle
    Blood Elf: leave Torrent and Affinity
    Goblin: drop Rocket Barrage, Time is Money changed to a 2min CD (5% haste for 20 seconds)
    Undead: Cannibalize stays, Underwater Breathing is 500% longer. drop others.


    Neutral
    Panda: leave Bouncy, and + cooking skill

  4. #24
    There is only one I could think of straight away. This is removing Diplomacy from Humans since it gives a real unfair advantage towards REALM FIRST Achievements for Reputation Grinding. Even though these only come one time per Expansion it is still unfair and anyone saying we can just race change, why should be have to pay money to have the same advantage as someone who happen to be playing Human?

    The question now is change it to what? Well why not a Tailoring boost

  5. #25
    Pit Lord Voyager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    2,325
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    There is only one I could think of straight away. This is removing Diplomacy from Humans since it gives a real unfair advantage towards REALM FIRST Achievements for Reputation Grinding. Even though these only come one time per Expansion it is still unfair and anyone saying we can just race change, why should be have to pay money to have the same advantage as someone who happen to be playing Human?

    The question now is change it to what? Well why not a Tailoring boost
    No. Only active racials are up for discussion. Passive ones should not be changed.

  6. #26
    Over 9000! Haven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Russia
    Posts
    9,437
    I'd just give every race a "Break free" ability, simulating "EMfH". And then give a wild adjustment to stats. Orcs are supposed to be strong, elves - fast, undead - resilient, humans - average. I wouldn't gave any race an active ability. They are supposed to play differently, not have a different escape/powerup button.
    Last edited by Haven; 2013-01-11 at 02:19 AM.
    "A NAME IS A CLOAK OF LETTERS THROWN UPON A MAN. IT MEANS NOTHING." - Transcendent One, Planescape: Torment.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by vgfreak2008 View Post
    I would make all racials either fluff or the profession bonuses, so that min-maxing didn't include paying for a race change.
    This would be my wish, too. Though I'll admit I would miss Shadowforming out when a mob pull isn't going my way, I think it would alleviate a lot of the headaches players and Blizz have with PvP. And there's still plenty of flavor ones they could keep or combat ones they could alter to be more fluffy, less combative.

  8. #28
    I would make Blood Elf racials more aggressive, especially when it comes to magic.

  9. #29
    I'd remove any racials that have a DPS implication, or at least rework them so that they don't.

    Every Man for Himself... hmm probably change it so it only works on certain kinds of CC, bringing it in line with WoTF and Escape Artist.

    Actually I would consider making the "PVP trinket" a baseline ability for everyone as well. Or completely removing it and changing how DR works instead.

    It'd also be nice if the crafting profession benefits were a bit less meaningless somehow... not sure how. Maybe it reduces craft times kind of like how the gathering professions work?

    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    More racials and give players a choice of what racials you use.
    Players DO choose which racials to use... when they choose a race...

    If racials weren't tied to race they wouldn't be racials so why would they even exist?

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 02:40 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    There is only one I could think of straight away. This is removing Diplomacy from Humans since it gives a real unfair advantage towards REALM FIRST Achievements for Reputation Grinding. Even though these only come one time per Expansion it is still unfair and anyone saying we can just race change, why should be have to pay money to have the same advantage as someone who happen to be playing Human?
    Am I missing something? There are no Realm First reputation achievements.

    Also, Realm Firsts are not fair in any way!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  10. #30
    I'd just remove them completely from the game. Players shouldn't have to choose a certain race for a certain class to be optimal. Players should have more options and it be purely a cosmetic choice.

  11. #31
    gc himself said if he could he would remove all racials..

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Racials should be about fluff and aesthetics. Not about bonuses in combat.
    This.

    I would either Remove them (If there was literally no way to give EVERY race a Really interesting fluff/aesthetic racial, which ofc seems ridiculous) or just remove any racial which gives a Combat Bonus and change to something Aesthetic.

    For example Dwarf - Remove Stoneform and replace with 3 Racials (Each basically the same). Each one just allows you to turn from the standard Dwarf, into either Dark Iron, Wildhammer or Frostborn. 1 Hour Transformation with a 1 Hour CD. Would be perfect for RP'ers, and general appearance change stuff is always cool.

  13. #33
    Racial shouldn't be usable/active in RBGs or Arena. Done.

  14. #34
    Another thing I hate about racials is that that looks and effectiveness go vice-versa. For example, a blood elf has useless racials for pve while an orc or a troll can be much better on the matter.

  15. #35
    Scarab Lord Viridiancity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    AFK in Lunarfall
    Posts
    4,575
    Racials changed only to out of combat flavor/aesthetic affects.

    Example ideas... Lower the cooldown on Cannibalize, make it heal up to full health but break on damage and only usable out of combat. It replaces food while leveling.

    Shadowmeld does something sorta similar, healing you up slowly while invisible, but only usable out of combat.

    Gnomes can tinker up something similar to an Eye of Kilrogg-- some sort of robotic critter I imagine.

    Etcetera type things.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by wowcrendor View Post
    lawlz, I like ur sig
    Does this make me internet famous?

  16. #36
    Remove all active racials. Give each race some small passive bonus to one primary stat and one secondary stat + one profession bonus.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    Shadowmeld does something sorta similar, healing you up slowly while invisible, but only usable out of combat.
    That would make shadowmeld entirely more worthless than it already is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belletha View Post
    ---
    Ya, your contribution isn't 100% biased in favour of the horde, not the slightest

  18. #38

    Racials

    I'm guessing this topic has been brought up before however I missed the part if that is the case. Feel free to redirect me if that is the case and redirect me!!!

    With all this, "not being forced into" garbage that GC and other devs are trying to cram into our heads... why are we still forced to play specific race if we want to min/max?

    I propose the following:

    1.) Racials removed and become choosable "perks."
    2.) A different set of perks would be available to each of your dual talents.
    3.) To change your perks, it would cost an absurd amount, ensuring that players will not just flip-flop without cause or reason.
    4.) This would allow all races to have a "human" trinket, berserking, +1% <hit/haste/crit>, etc.
    5.) Allow three perks of choice using the current racials available.

    Voila. Now we can play <insert race here> because we like the way they look instead of <insert race here> because we want to get the most our of our character. What do you guys think about this? I'm sure this had to have been suggested before. I think this fits their current "plan" now more than ever - being "forced" into a race for the racial obviously isn't true, however not being [race] for [class] or [race] for [pvp] can be a moderate disadvantage.

    Think about it: Not being a worgan fury warrior/fire mage on Alliance side is a significant loss to your DPS. Not being a goblin warlock on Horde is the same deal. I hate the idea of racials and would actually perfer them removed over than current design.

    Moderator note: Merging this thread with the other recent thread on racials and what to to about them - ML
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-01-11 at 04:56 PM.

  19. #39
    Not to demean your point of view here, because there are some valid points, but the fact is that this mindset is really a big part of what's wrong with the WoW community right now. Abilities that are unique to classes/races/specs are seen as things that force you to play one way or another. Dailies are seen as "required" becaue they offer a gearing path that is otherwise unavailable. Many people feel they are required to choose certain professions because they offer small benefits over others. I've even seen people who feel "forced" to level cooking so they can get their +300 stat food for raiding.

    The fact is, this mindset stems from the idea that there should be no consequence from any choice you make. There should not be any aspect of the game that gives high level rewards but costs something from the player that they may not enjoy.

    Players need to start thinking in terms of choices and consequences. Those are what makes a game interesting. If you choose to do dailies, you gain access to vendors that will sell you better gear. That's the reward for putting in the time and effort to do the quests. At the same time, you gain extra gear rolls that may improve your gearing rate in raid content. However, again, you put in more time and effort than someone else, so you get better rewards than they do.

    In terms of racials, its also a choice with positive and negative consequences. If you pick worgen as your race, yes, you gain a small amount of dps potential (not the gamebreaking advantage you imply). But the cost is the human pvp trinket racial. On the tanking side, dwarves get a small defensive cd that is great for tanking, but it comes at the tradeoff of a night elf's 1% extra chance to have attacks miss them.

    My point is that players need to stop thinking that choices they make should have no negative consequences. If you choose to play a specific race, you accept the positive and negative implications of doing so. The idea that choices shouldn't have to be choices is going to lead this game in a direction that I don't want to see, because it won't be worth playing.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzior
    In terms of racials, its also a choice with positive and negative consequences. If you pick worgen as your race, yes, you gain a small amount of dps potential (not the gamebreaking advantage you imply).

    My point is that players need to stop thinking that choices they make should have no negative consequences. If you choose to play a specific race, you accept the positive and negative implications of doing so. The idea that choices shouldn't have to be choices is going to lead this game in a direction that I don't want to see, because it won't be worth playing.
    I don't see how I even remotely implied that it's gamebreaking. If you took it that way, I didn't intend for that at all. I believe the term "moderate" and "significant" was used (not OP, ridiculous, or anything like that), because it is moderate to significant for a spec/class like a fury warrior where crit scales with them so well. 1% crit is NOT 1% crit for a warrior. It's 2% chance to crit on Bloodthirst, thereby increasing raging blows, enrage up time and in turn providing a DPS increase not accessible by the other faction.

    I choose to play my Human Warlock for a myriad of reasons, however at the top of the list is because my friends play Alliance. So because I want to play with my friends, I don't even get the choice of a race that is great for my class. Another point, is a lot of people refuse to drop 25$ for it. I'm sure when most if not all people start playing WoW, unless they have a coach, they have no idea how awesome having a human trinket is if their goal is to PvP. Or how much wiggle oom you get for stat allocation for a Goblin Warlock. If I picked a race that is best for my class it would probably be Worgan on Alliance side... but crit sucks for my Warlock. Also; a werewolf using spells and not claws is pretty silly to me.

    Another thing that people have been complaining about is, "lack of diversity" in the new talent trees - this would add more diversity. I think complaints about talent trees are ridiculous because cookie cutters have been used since the beginning of time. Now we're given the cookie cutters and given the optionals. I like options.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •