Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're looking for a fast food burger, only go to Arby's, I think their meat is at least mostly real, and the taste is far superior (opinion yeah yeah). I don't know why McD's is famous for their burgers honestly, but they make some damn good frappes and chicken nuggets are legendary for a reason.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

When you looking for a place to eat you can typically apply the Project Management philosophy of "Pick any two."

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...iangle.svg.png

Your options are: Fast, Cheap, Good. You can only pick 2.

If you picked Cheap and Fast, you picked McDonalds. If you picked Good and Cheap, it's not going to be fast. If you picked Fast and Good, it ain't going to be cheap.

It's a really good law of the land when developing projects, and actually is quite effective when it comes to food.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Totally anecdotal note: I haven't eaten a McDonalds cheese burger in a long time, maybe 5 years, but I forgot to bring my lunch to work today so I asked the person who goes out for food at my work to buy me one (only had a handful of change) and I must say, wtf happened to the size of the meat patty? It's literally wafer thin and easily 1/4" smaller around than the bun.
    They have always been like that.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 05:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    When you looking for a place to eat you can typically apply the Project Management philosophy of "Pick any two."

If you picked Cheap and Fast, you picked McDonalds. If you picked Good and Cheap, it's not going to be fast. If you picked Fast and Good, it ain't going to be cheap.

It's a really good law of the land when developing projects, and actually is quite effective when it comes to food.
    This isn monetary policy, you can pick all 3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post

Interesting hypothesis. I know of a great "fast food" store who sell delicious (as in, tasty) falafel breads with unlimited vegetable refill. All the ingredients are fresh, daily. I'm talking about the Maoz brand (I linked to them before) which was started by Israeli's in Amsterdam, who are slowly but surely expanding their franchises world-wide. I find it quite a bang for the buck considering the freshness of the food, as well as the free refills. There's always a big queue due to popularity though so it can take up to 5 min till they can process your order. The problem with refill is there's a big queue so it isn't easy to refill so at some point you're like whatever. Based on my example I'd say fast should be replaced by convenient with the speed of serving a subset of convenience.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    They have always been like that.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 05:47 PM ----------

This isn monetary policy, you can pick all 3.

Perhaps I'm just having a fond memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    If you're looking for a fast food burger, only go to Arby's,
    Arbys has good roast beef and their ham and cheese melts are tasty too. Plus they have their awesome curly fries, always a winner. That said, I'd take a burger from Whataburger over an Arbys burger.

McDonald's in Japan isn't so bad. The price is low, and the food quality is actually decent.. quite a step up from how I remember it in the states.

McNuggets and Chips with vanilla milkshake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wdmshmo View Post
    McDonald's in Japan isn't so bad. The price is low, and the food quality is actually decent.. quite a step up from how I remember it in the states.
    MOS Burger >>>>> McDonald's. ;D

There isn't anything better than MOS Burger to be honest.

Deleted
    I think McDonalds is just more famous, don't know about it being cheaper though as I rather eat healthy so I try to avoid fast food.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty cheap, yummy while you eat it (lol)

$4.00 dinner if im desperate with free water, and drive through, awesome!