Auction House bots ?

Wtf is going on, the moment i click bid on the item it's instantly put back to outbid, INSTANTLY thats just not natural at all. wtf!

The way bidding works in diablo 3 is that you set your maximum bid and that amount is taken from you for reserve, whenever someone else bids the bid amount seen in the AH is increased to the new player's bid, but in order to have the winning bid he will have to bid more than the maximum bid of the current winner's maximum bid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpp View Post
    The way bidding works in diablo 3 is that you set your maximum bid and that amount is taken from you for reserve, whenever someone else bids the bid amount seen in the AH is increased to the new player's bid, but in order to have the winning bid he will have to bid more than the maximum bid of the current winner's maximum bid.
    That's exactly the way it works.

The only thing I don't understand is why to take gold from your account and immediately send it to you back. Why not to just show the message "Your bid is too low".

... So the item can be bidded for 20 million while im bidding against myself for 300k which the item is shown at that price ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamez View Post
    ... So the item can be bidded for 20 million while im bidding against myself for 300k which the item is shown at that price ?
    Yes. That's the way it works.

The whole point of this system is to put "fair" bid. You bid the maximum price that you would ever pay for this item.
    You should look at the item and say "Ok, this item is worth 5 million, I would never pay more than that".

What's good about this system? The best thing about it is that you pay SECOND bid price.
    If means that you can safely bid as much as you would maximum ever pay for this item, but you would not "overpay" for item because you pay just as much as 2nd highest bidded would have paid.

By using this system you don't have to waste your time looking at bids and bidding again every time someone overbid you.

So taking your example.
    You see the item with current bid of 50k. You think that its worth 800k and you would pay that much for it. You bid ONCE for 800k. If there was a guy that really bidded for 20m, you would have your money back. As you did your "maximum" bid, there is no reason for you to return for this item and bid again.
    If the real highest bid was, say, 500k, your bid will become highest, and "current", visible, bid will be set to 500k. If no one would bid any more, you will win the item and pay 500k. If there will be another bid, 600k for example, you will pay 600k. If someone would bid 900k, he will be the highest bidder and will pay 800k for this item.

Its pretty simple and very easy to use.