Poll: Do you buy, use, then return items?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Do you "Rent" Clothes/Merchandise?

Ok, I have a funeral to attend tomorrow. It's been 5 years since the last one I needed to attend and the only thing that fits is my suit pants.

That said, I ended up having to pay stupid amounts of money for a dress shirt ($30) and Dress shoes ($70). I tried shopping in cheaper places for my shoes but noone had shoes that fit well, as I fit in 10.5 wide shoes.

Anyways, I plan on returning this stuff later in the week as it's too expensive, and I'll likely not use it enough to justify the price value. Clothes maybe harder than me returning, say electric heaters when my furnace broke in the winter, but I'm confident I can get the return.

Does anyone do this? Buy an item, use it, then return it?

There are places that actually rent clothing too....
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    There are places that actually rent clothing too....
    Fancy dress shops do.

OP could go to the funeral as a pirate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I generally prefer my clothing fits me somewhat well, especially for suits.

Then again, I don't go to funerals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Fancy dress shops do.

OP could go to the funeral as a pirate.
    I had to rent a chain for my sporran this year cuz I forgot my other one broke...forgot meaning too drunk to remember...and nobody had the right size for sale D:

10+ Year Old Account
    I had to rent a chain for my sporran this year cuz I forgot my other one broke...forgot meaning too drunk to remember...and nobody had the right size for sale D:
    I expect I may regret this, but why do you have a sporran? And why do you keep it on a chain? I'm considering reporting you to PETA.

I expect I may regret this, but why do you have a sporran? And why do you keep it on a chain? I'm considering reporting you to PETA.
    For my kilt and stuff you shitbag. It's the metal chain with clips and like a leather strap, to hold it up on your weiner space.

10+ Year Old Account
    For my kilt and stuff you shitbag. It's the metal chain with clips and like a leather strap, to hold it up on your weiner space.
    You come from Canadialand.

If you aren't in Scotland, you're just a man wearing a patterned skirt with what looks like unkempt pubes sticking out the front.

I've rented a tuxedo and a suit for a couple different weddings, and I rented a suit for my prom, but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    Ok, I have a funeral to attend tomorrow. It's been 5 years since the last one I needed to attend and the only thing that fits is my suit pants.

That said, I ended up having to pay stupid amounts of money for a dress shirt ($30) and Dress shoes ($70).
    30 dollars for a dress shirt and 70 dollars for shoes is stupid amounts of money? That's extremely cheap.

10+ Year Old Account
    You come from Canadialand.

If you aren't in Scotland, you're just a man wearing a patterned skirt with what looks like unkempt pubes sticking out the front.
    I think he's a Newfie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

So you wear a skirt with a small purse?

Oh you dear thing, thinking $30 is a lot for a dress shirt.

Anyway, you should probably just rent something. Rather than run the risk you're going to spill or tear something and it becomes non-refundable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I think he's a Newfie.
    Oh, I thought he was straight.

How does an adult not have a shirt or shoes that are nice enough for a funeral?
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    How does an adult not have a shirt or shoes that are nice enough for a funeral?
    I don't own any dress shoes or button downs, I also don't go to weddings or funerals.

Since I'm not scum, no I don't do this.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I don't own any dress shoes or button downs, I also don't go to weddings or funerals.
    What would you wear for a job interview?

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Work, any sort of interviews or meetings. Not having shirts with buttons is ok if you are a 3 year old or millionaire and can do whatever you want.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

No, on occasion I have tried items returned them and ended up getting them from somewhere else at a later point.

Check your local thrift shops for things like that. I have several very nice suits I got for under $10, at the salvation army I found 2 complete Brooks Brothers suits for $6 each that fit me exact.