Returning to SWTOR, a year later...

Ok, well i've downloaded and been playing for a few hours and I am thinking about re-subbing.

But I am very confused about what a sub actually gets you. I have seen the page which illustrates the "perks" www swtor com free features (cant post real links)

However I am unclear as what else I get. As the Cartel Market looks cool, but do the unlocks such as crew member customisation, playable races and so on, unlock as a subscriber?

Thanks in advance

With an active subscription you need no unlocks...all features are available to you

Uhm... you won't be able to play properly without subscription. ftp/preferred is too restrictive. 350k credit cap being probably the worst out of all because you would not be able to buy unlocks with credits, they usually cost more than your credit cap.

And paying for unlocks with $ will cost you even more than subscription. Well, unless you play few hours a week.

You get 500 or 600 coins a month, the day after your sub payment for the upcoming month goes through. Other then that, you just get what you had. You don't get any addition, you have to still buy things on the coin market like F2P players. You will also get coins for how long you did sub before. I got 1200 coins when the game went F2P, but it varies on how long you had been subbing before the game went F2P.
    But as far as features and such, it is just the game you knew before, nothing more. F2P people actually don't get all the features. They need to pay for action bars, fleet passes, mission, Ops, and so forth. but Subs more or less just get the game they always had by subbing. Which is not a bad thing. just makign sure you don't think there are extra perks for being a sub.

You basically get some free coins per month in addition to the basic service you had before F2P went into effect. There's no bonuses or premiums that subscribers get other than the coins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Uhm... you won't be able to play properly without subscription. ftp/preferred is too restrictive. 350k credit cap being probably the worst out of all because you would not be able to buy unlocks with credits, they usually cost more than your credit cap.

And paying for unlocks with $ will cost you even more than subscription. Well, unless you play few hours a week.
    350k cap being the worst? Omg I have never ever even got near to 100k. The max amount i've builded up in 41k.
    The worst about being f2p is the gigantic reduced exp gained. That is just beyond. If you are a subscriber and your xp bar is on status rested. You get massive amount of xp. For f2p, you'll have to do about 50% of the planets side quest to level up ONCE while subscribers are like gone 2-3 levels past you. I have added friends that are at my level and on my position. The next day they are 2 levels above me and im struggling
    F2P isn't really bothered about money if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by BonniiSage View Post
    350k cap being the worst? Omg I have never ever even got near to 100k. The max amount i've builded up in 41k.
    The worst about being f2p is the gigantic reduced exp gained. That is just beyond. If you are a subscriber and your xp bar is on status rested. You get massive amount of xp. For f2p, you'll have to do about 50% of the planets side quest to level up ONCE while subscribers are like gone 2-3 levels past you. I have added friends that are at my level and on my position. The next day they are 2 levels above me and im struggling
    F2P isn't really bothered about money if you ask me.
    yeah... 350k sucks, when i logged back onto my level 50 main they had taken about half his credits so down to 350k

but levelling a new character now, and i'm really enjoying it. on a diff server so im not tempted to send myself credits.

i've actually unsubbed from wow today, and thinking about subbing swtor

thanks for your input guys