[Balance] Help with my dps

I've seen some great feedback on here lately and was hoping some folks could take a look and give me some pointers on what I might be able to do better as well. I've gone through the EJ guide and the guide here and I think I have a good handle on everything, but I'm still ending up fourth or fifth in the list on many fights, even movement restricted ones. I recently switched back from hitting the haste breakpoint to just going all crit, which was a decent dps increase and more movement friendly because of increased starsurges from the SS procs, but, I still feel like I'm missing something (or more than one thing).

Thanks in advance for any feedback people have. Here's the logs from Tuesday's run this week:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...zyj/details/4/

Quote Originally Posted by brinohm View Post
    I've seen some great feedback on here lately and was hoping some folks could take a look and give me some pointers on what I might be able to do better as well. I've gone through the EJ guide and the guide here and I think I have a good handle on everything, but I'm still ending up fourth or fifth in the list on many fights, even movement restricted ones. I recently switched back from hitting the haste breakpoint to just going all crit, which was a decent dps increase and more movement friendly because of increased starsurges from the SS procs, but, I still feel like I'm missing something (or more than one thing).

Thanks in advance for any feedback people have. Here's the logs from Tuesday's run this week:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...zyj/details/4/
    Your DPS looks fine. Many of the kills in the log you posted showed kill times that aren't too great for moonkin. For example, on the spirit kings kill, you would probably go from last to 3rd if you had an extra 30 seconds to use your 3 minute CD.

Stone Guards, rogues have cleave so he was far ahead. Feng was 5 minutes, if it were 6:30, you would do alot better. Same with Spiritbinder. I already discussed the Spirit Kings. On Elegon and Will, you do alot better because the encounter length is longer.

Quote Originally Posted by happyzod View Post
    Your DPS looks fine. Many of the kills in the log you posted showed kill times that aren't too great for moonkin. For example, on the spirit kings kill, you would probably go from last to 3rd if you had an extra 30 seconds to use your 3 minute CD.

Stone Guards, rogues have cleave so he was far ahead. Feng was 5 minutes, if it were 6:30, you would do alot better. Same with Spiritbinder. I already discussed the Spirit Kings. On Elegon and Will, you do alot better because the encounter length is longer.
    Thanks Happy, I appreciate the feedback and taking a look. That makes me feel better that I'm not too far off the mark.

Brinohm Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...inohm/advanced
    Quick glance at your logs and things seem fine from the few I looked over. However, checking over your armory I can see that you have chosen to go full crit. I would suggest going for the 5273 haste breakpoint (for you DoTs) which also comes with the added benefit of shortening the cast time of your spells remember. A stay priority to follow (before 4p tier 14) is
    Int. > hit | spirit (to 15% or 5100 rating) > haste (to 5273 rating) > crit > mastery > haste (past 5273 rating)

Once you get your 4p the breakpoint is then lowered to 3706 rating and the stat priority then becomes
    Int. > hit | spirit (to 15% or 5100 rating) > haste (to 3706 rating) > crit > mastery > haste (past 3706 rating)

Quote Originally Posted by brinohm View Post
    Thanks Happy, I appreciate the feedback and taking a look. That makes me feel better that I'm not too far off the mark.
    -Np. I just noticed this on Gara'jal, but the person who recorded the logs didn't go into the spirit realm is the correct? That's a significant amount of damage that you did that was not reported in the log.

- Another tip would be to not dot up undying shadows during the spirit kings since they are usually bursted down really fast. It wouldn't have made a huge difference anyways.

- On Elegon don't bother moonfiring/sunfiring the charges.

-For will of the emperor, you only used Nature's Vigil/Incarnation twice, not 3 times on an almost 9 minute fight. Don't be afraid to use ur CD on a strength to get it down faster.

I mean, these are all little things that can maybe improve your dps by a small amount. Overall, it seems that you have the rotation down and the mechanics down.

one thing i can say for sure is on will of the emperor you need to dot everything that moves

here my logs from tonight (cant post links but if you go to worldoflogs and server us executus guild Escaped from Arcatraz and take a look at 1/12/13 logs) you can look at some other nights as well.

also reforge full out crit worked better for me till i had my 4 piece

Quote Originally Posted by primalfears View Post

also reforge full out crit worked better for me till i had my 4 piece
    Yeah I've been flipping back and forth between a full crit setup and a 5273 haste breakpoint setup to see which seems to work better for my play style. I love all the extra starsurge procs will the full crit, but, it can be clunky sometimes. I just recently went (a couple days ago) back to the 5273 haste setup to see if I liked it better and if I noticed any dps change. Honestly I can go either way, the full crit seems more fun though cause you end up proc'ing SS so much.

Good feedback though to everyone, I appreciate it.