1. #1
    Mechagnome Lufi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Algarve
    Posts
    545

    Shadowburn delay

    Hello, I am experiencing a 1-1.5 secs delay against other players. It seems better against mobs. I have seen some players report the same but is it normal? Should it be intended? Is it an internet problem with the packets?

    Thank you
    Last edited by Lufi; 2013-01-11 at 04:24 PM.

  2. #2
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,628
    You're not the only one with a small delay on it.
    It's not as bad as a while ago, but still pisses me off when I see someone drop to below 20% health and gets healed before I can execute.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    You're not the only one with a small delay on it.
    It's not as bad as a while ago, but still pisses me off when I see someone drop to below 20% health and gets healed before I can execute.
    Definitely an old issue that has never been adjusted. It's not the same as Shadow Word: Death and countless other instant cast executes. There is a relatively large delay for it being an "instant" cast.

  4. #4
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Femto1 View Post
    Definitely an old issue that has never been adjusted. It's not the same as Shadow Word: Death and countless other instant cast executes. There is a relatively large delay for it being an "instant" cast.
    How is it not the same as shadow word: death?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    How is it not the same as shadow word: death?
    I'unno, maybe I'm wrong. My wife plays shadow/disc priest and warlock and claims that SW: D is much closer to instant that Shadow Burn; that there is much less delay. I, personally, do not play Priest. Is this not the case?

  6. #6
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    France, Illidan-EU
    Posts
    1,742
    This used to be worse but there is still a little delay yeah. What is more annoying is that it often doesn't do any damage if the mob dies shortly after the cast, don't know why this particular spell takes time to apply its damage...
    -1 Ember... +1 Ember... and no damage
    NEW Android App : World of Quizzcraft
    Test your knowledge of WoW with more than 1100 questions and 80 achievements!

    Web Apps : Deaths Analyzer, WoL Timeline, Megaera Dps Calculator
    WoW-Heroes

  7. #7
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Femto1 View Post
    I'unno, maybe I'm wrong. My wife plays shadow/disc priest and warlock and claims that SW: D is much closer to instant that Shadow Burn; that there is much less delay. I, personally, do not play Priest. Is this not the case?
    Unglyphed shadow word: death works exactly like shadowburn. When it's glyphed you can always cast it, but the extra damage will only hit in if the target is below 20% health.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Unglyphed shadow word: death works exactly like shadowburn. When it's glyphed you can always cast it, but the extra damage will only hit in if the target is below 20% health.
    that's not what we're talking about, it's about the delay when the player reaches 19% before Shadowburn becomes available. Kill Shot suffers from the same delay but I've never had it with SW or Execute
    I think i can give up choose talent in this level?
    because if i am not choose this level。 i can have 20% blood more than choosen..
    GREAT BLZ.
    warlock now became a guy use 5 level talents VS other 6 level.

  9. #9
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,080
    Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    that's not what we're talking about, it's about the delay when the player reaches 19% before Shadowburn becomes available. Kill Shot suffers from the same delay but I've never had it with SW or Execute
    I know what we are talking about. I have a shadow priest and warlock both in lvl 90 whom I've both pvp'ed on... And shadow word: death and shadowburn have the exact same features with the exact same delay.

    I'm not gonna derail this thread further... I'm sorry.
    Last edited by Funkthepunk; 2013-01-10 at 11:46 PM.

  10. #10
    Mechagnome Lufi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Algarve
    Posts
    545
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    I know what we are talking about. I have a shadow priest and warlock both in lvl 90 whom I've both pvp'ed on... And shadow word: death and shadowburn have the exact same features with the exact same delay.

    I'm not gonna delay this thread further... I'm sorry.
    Really? Then it might be my connection because both my spriest and hunter get it off almost instantly :/
    I can probably fit 2 SD:smiley's or 2 kill shot's in one shadowburn.
    Last edited by Lufi; 2013-01-10 at 10:15 PM.

  11. #11
    The issue is latency related..it takes time before a the server register that your target has 20% HP.

    This effects every spell with some sort of condition (like the old conflag) and honestly it is annoying as hell.

    A easy fix would be to allow those spells to be cast before 20% (or whatever condition) but at a reduced damage (like 10% dmg).

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    The issue is latency related..it takes time before a the server register that your target has 20% HP.

    This effects every spell with some sort of condition (like the old conflag) and honestly it is annoying as hell.

    A easy fix would be to allow those spells to be cast before 20% (or whatever condition) but at a reduced damage (like 10% dmg).
    I can't come up with any better fix for it, but that one sucks imo. If you could Shadowburn in PVP on targets above 20% HP you'd never chaos bolt, ever, if the loss is only 10% damage. Also imagine if you did decide to cast chaos bolt and coupled it up with two Shadowburns.
    Well, seeing as Chaos Bolt hits (crits) for 50k in PVP nowadays, I guess it wouldn't really do anything, but still...

    The execute delay applies to all classes and all specs. It's the server brainlagging hard and I really don't understand how it can be difficult to fix. It's one condition on a spell, which is displayed on your target health bar. So it's a matter of path A or path B, how can this delay for several seconds?? How? I suppose it might be blizzard's way of preventing executes from being too powerful in PVP, that wouldn't surprise me.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    I can't come up with any better fix for it, but that one sucks imo. If you could Shadowburn in PVP on targets above 20% HP you'd never chaos bolt, ever, if the loss is only 10% damage. Also imagine if you did decide to cast chaos bolt and coupled it up with two Shadowburns.
    Well, seeing as Chaos Bolt hits (crits) for 50k in PVP nowadays, I guess it wouldn't really do anything, but still...

    The execute delay applies to all classes and all specs. It's the server brainlagging hard and I really don't understand how it can be difficult to fix. It's one condition on a spell, which is displayed on your target health bar. So it's a matter of path A or path B, how can this delay for several seconds?? How? I suppose it might be blizzard's way of preventing executes from being too powerful in PVP, that wouldn't surprise me.
    To me it sounds like he meant that Shadowburn should only deal 10% of its total damage above 20% and not 10% less.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulljin View Post
    To me it sounds like he meant that Shadowburn should only deal 10% of its total damage above 20% and not 10% less.
    What do you think happens if you Shadowburn somebody below 20% before the execute range has actually triggered, as in the normal shadow burn would be useable? Would Shadowburn 10% do it's regular 100% or would it be considered before execute and do 10%?
    A 10% Shadowburn would confuse casual newbies and MOP has been all about making the game more straight forward, so it doesn't sound likely, although it could be a good fix.

  15. #15
    Many people dont understand the way it works, lets say the target is at 21% hp and a dot brings your target below 20% if your are on global it wont light up until your global cd is done.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Kriix View Post
    Many people dont understand the way it works, lets say the target is at 21% hp and a dot brings your target below 20% if your are on global it wont light up until your global cd is done.
    Pretty much this, I some times see a delay but not often, and if there is, its defiantly not the best bit of 2 seconds, then again I've only just started my warlock again on my main raiding char this last week, and I don't pvp on her

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •