Thread: Titan Captured

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Titan Captured

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...anCaptured.jpg

so what does this signify? any ideas?

15+ Year Old Account
    Most likely Ra-Den. I think someone said he shows up in the Dungeon Journal as this portrait.

Lots of Mogu x Titan related stuff coming in 5.2. Looking forward to it

Quote Originally Posted by Godavari View Post
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...anCaptured.jpg

so what does this signify? any ideas?
    Its probably just a titan Construct or peon that was captured by the Mogu and tortured or whatnot. Def not one of the titans.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Most likely Ra-Den. I think someone said he shows up in the Dungeon Journal as this portrait.

Lots of Mogu x Titan related stuff coming in 5.2. Looking forward to it
    Yeah, is just as you say, it´s Ra-den, in the PTR it shows up in the dungeon journal.

It's Ra-Den, the Watcher that the Thunder King got his power from. It's an exciting prospect at first, until you realize that it's just a Watcher and not an actual Titan. All the Titan-style models are labeled as "titan", even though the only Titan ever seen in game was during a brief pre-Cataclysm Wetlands post-quest cut scene type hologram. All the other models labeled as Titans are just Watchers.

A lot of people say they think it's Tyr - who has been missing since the events surrounding Ulduar - but unless they do further changes on the model it can't be, seeing as Tyr has a silver fist for a right hand after losing it in battle.

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought titans would be.. well, titanic. D: Doesn't looke that large. And very humanoid.
    Last edited by Kuja; 2013-01-10 at 07:13 PM.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...rok-etc)/page6

There's at least 3 threads on this already...
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

Deleted
    ok thanks, i havnt been able to get into ptr so just wondering, i really didnt think a titan that wounded and captured by trolls or sth but i didnt rule out the possibility.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    It's Ra-Den, the Watcher that the Thunder King got his power from. It's an exciting prospect at first, until you realize that it's just a Watcher and not an actual Titan. All the Titan-style models are labeled as "titan", even though the only Titan ever seen in game was during a brief pre-Cataclysm Wetlands post-quest cut scene type hologram. All the other models labeled as Titans are just Watchers.

A lot of people say they think it's Tyr - who has been missing since the events surrounding Ulduar - but unless they do further changes on the model it can't be, seeing as Tyr has a silver fist for a right hand after losing it in battle.
    Technically, Hodir and such are Titans. They're just lesser Titans. Beings such as Khaz'goroth and Sargeras are Titans as well, except they're from the Pantheon.

The Pantheon aren't the only titans, they're just the "ruling" council of their race.

If that's Ra-Den, then I am really, really disappointed with that model.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grisset View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...rok-etc)/page6

There's at least 3 threads on this already...
    well im sorry to say i didnt even find one about captured titan through the search future.

Deleted
    see they also have that lizard thing also on the front page is it just me that thinks that through the gashes in the watcher/titan model it looks possible the lizard man could be inside the shell?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    see they also have that lizard thing also on the front page is it just me that thinks that through the gashes in the watcher/titan model it looks possible the lizard man could be inside the shell?
    I doubt it. The Saurok has their own boss in there called the Primordial Saurok, and that's what that model is named.

Technically, Hodir and such are Titans. They're just lesser Titans. Beings such as Khaz'goroth and Sargeras are Titans as well, except they're from the Pantheon.

The Pantheon aren't the only titans, they're just the "ruling" council of their race.
    There are two types of known Titans - Aesir and Vanir - and the only Titans who were ever named as Titans are Aman'Thul, Eonar, Norgannon, Khaz'goroth, Aggramar, Golganneth and Sargeras. All the others are just Titan constructs that people assume are Titans with no actual evidence. Even Chris Metzen himself said in one of the Blizzcasts - like 11 or 12 - eight or nine months after Ulduar was released(and like 16 months after WotLK was released, which had Loken already in game) that we haven't seen a Titan in game yet, but may still one day.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Ask_CDev

If you go down to round two, the question is asked if a true titan has ever been seen before in-game, and they replied with no.

So, I'm just going to throw this idea into all of your heads. What if the Mogu descended from the titans themselves? What if we find out that through some sort of weird titan magic we haven't heard of yet that the mogu are titans but are just much much less powerful? I'm not implying that the Mogu are biological children of the titans, but wouldn't that blow your mind?
    I want to throw that idea into your head, because someone did it to me and now It hurts my head.
    d=(^_^)z

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    There are two types of known Titans - Aesir and Vanir - and the only Titans who were ever named as Titans are Aman'Thul, Eonar, Norgannon, Khaz'goroth, Aggramar, Golganneth and Sargeras. All the others are just Titan constructs that people assume are Titans with no actual evidence. Even Chris Metzen himself said in one of the Blizzcasts - like 11 or 12 - eight or nine months after Ulduar was released(and like 16 months after WotLK was released, which had Loken already in game) that we haven't seen a Titan in game yet, but may still one day.
    You're right, I forgot that they stated the Watchers weren't actual Titans. Lame.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 01:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alahondor View Post
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Ask_CDev

If you go down to round two, the question is asked if a true titan has ever been seen before in-game, and they replied with no.

So, I'm just going to throw this idea into all of your heads. What if the Mogu descended from the titans themselves? What if we find out that through some sort of weird titan magic we haven't heard of yet that the mogu are titans but are just much much less powerful? I'm not implying that the Mogu are biological children of the titans, but wouldn't that blow your mind?
    I want to throw that idea into your head, because someone did it to me and now It hurts my head.
    It's already been datamined, from a Lorewalker Cho speech. The Mogu are Titanic creations.

The mogu tell a legend about Lei Shen, the Thunder King. His followers fell to their knees before him. "We will call you 'The Lightning King,'" they said. It is said that he tore out the very heart of the mogu God. And from that hateful act he gained power over wind and storm.

But Lei Shen did not agree. "Lightning strikes in an instant and is over in a flash," he said. "But thunder. Thunder! Thunder proclaims the coming of the storm." "Thunder quakes the skies long before the lightning strikes, and thunder echoes in the hills long after lightning�s power is spent." "It is thunder that sends animals cowering and fills the hearts of peasants with dread. Let thunder be my herald, so that my power is felt throughout the land." "I will be... The Thunder King." Oh my friend - that awful sound. For a hundred hundred generations the crash of thunder filled the hearts of pandaren with terror.

It is said that after the revolution, the Red Crane of Hope placed the rainbow in the sky, so that pandaren would know not to fear the storms any longer. I do not see any rainbows today. Do you?

Fathers and sons. Mothers and daughters. As parents, we pass our legacy on to our children. What values do we choose to instill in our progeny? What will our children learn from our mistakes? What sort of world will we create and leave behind for our daughters and sons? Parents place their children on a path, but they do not always know where the road will take them.

The mogu were children as well. Children of the Titans. They were once a legion of stone, heartless and obedient. By the Titans' command, they fought the terrible servants of the Old Gods.

They shaped the mountains and carved the rivers of the land. And they created a magical cradle of life in a hidden valley that we now call the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.

But eventually the Titans fell silent. And their creations were cursed with flesh. The mogu grew restless. Many generations later, when Thunder King united them, they seized upon their legacy! I truly believe now that the mogu thought they were doing the work of the Titans. They fought against the mantid and used the powers of the Vale to create new life. Ah, but such terrible works! Parents cannot always be assured of the legacy they will leave behind. How especially true this is, when the parents are Gods. And their children - monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    If that's Ra-Den, then I am really, really disappointed with that model.
    Why?For me it's a great model,and he looks really bad-ass

Quote Originally Posted by Dravelar View Post
    Why?For me it's a great model,and he looks really bad-ass
    Because all it is, is an already-existing titan watcher model with a few gouges on the arms and lightning sparks for eyes. It's lazy. Kind of like how the new troll models use the same skeleton as male night elves. It's lazy. All the money Blizzard makes and they do stuff like re-use skeletons and recolor already-existing models to no end. It may not look "bad" but that doesn't mean it looks great by any stretch of the imagination. A Heroic-only boss that is supposed to be THE source of all of the Thunder King's power and it's just a WotLK watcher model with a few re-skins? Disappointing. And those WotLK watcher models? They share the same skeletons and legs/feet as the AQ40/20 trash. Same exact thing with the constructs in Uldum.

I get that they are all Titan-related, but that does mean they can't update the skeletons. It's been 8 years for god's sake.
    Last edited by Servasus; 2013-01-10 at 11:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Because all it is, is an already-existing titan watcher model with a few gouges on the arms and lightning sparks for eyes. It's lazy. Kind of like how the new troll models use the same skeleton as male night elves. It's lazy.

I get that they are all Titan-related, but that does mean they can't update the skeletons. It's been 8 years for god's sake.
    You will rarely find new skeletons anywhere. The hozen and mantid ones might be new. Those are only new because a humanoid skeleton wouldn't fit them.
    And why should one boss deserve any more attention than others?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    You will rarely find new skeletons anywhere. The hozen and mantid ones might be new. Those are only new because a humanoid skeleton wouldn't fit them.
    And why should one boss deserve any more attention than others?
    If anything a heroic only model should get less attention because few people see it.

Look at games like swtor every freaking race uses the same skeleton. As long as the texture and model is different who cares about an npc skeleton lol.