Little confused on haste in Heroic Progression 10 man

Hey guys,

I am just a little confused on what haste I should aim for now that I am pushing 10 man heroics.. We are getting ready to do Garj this week on 10 man. For the first two bosses I have kept the same stats I had which was 20% haste in raid, 20 % crit, and 50% Mastery.. I was not pushing out the numbers I liked and I have been reading up on a lot of websites to see what I should do. Some of them pointed to a 2003 (9%) haste build with the rest to crit and mastery.. Would this be the best for 10 man's? And also they mentioned looking into Elemental Mastery and Ancestral Guidance for the fight.. But last I heard Ancestral Guidance was only good for ele or enhance.

Thanks'

Deleted
    What sort of number are you currently pulling? I'm currently have 15% haste, 20% in a raid due to the buff, which if I'm correct gives me an extra tick to my HST and HTT, I then have 50% mastery and then rest into Crit. Here is a link to the breakpoints for each different spell.

Also can you let me know what sort of things you are doing when healing?

Well stone guard around 65-70k but our Hpally is doing 75-80k and i want to be there. I have got my rotation healing wise down its just the stats I am a little confused on how they weigh and what the best is for 10 man Heroic

Deleted
    Well, I've been looking and haven't really found a sort of definite answer for the best haste break-point. I think it's 15% for the first cap which is advised, but going on the link which I linked last post this doesn't give a tick to HTT or HST, and the extra tick in HTT I find to be quite nice.

Currently my guild is only 3/6HC in MSV, and we've had no problems so far. I mainly heal with either a HPala or a Resto Druid. I'd like to try a define a good answer for the best haste breakpoints as I too am quite confused about which I should be running with.

Yes! It sucks because there are so many websites that says this and that, but I would like to know from a Shaman who is full heroic cleared just to see what they say about it.. Also have you used Ancestral Guidance or just Healing Tide?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pothelegitba View Post
    Yes! It sucks because there are so many websites that says this and that, but I would like to know from a Shaman who is full heroic cleared just to see what they say about it.. Also have you used Ancestral Guidance or just Healing Tide?
    Yea, having some input from a person who's been there and done it would be nice.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not doing 10s but in genereal HTT >>> all. The only encounter where that doesn't count is Tsulong.

Decide which haste breakpoint you are going for, get as much spirit as possible, keep about 50% mastery and put the rest into crit. That's like, the basics for "every" shaman. Adapt after healing some encounters and knowing what you need.
    R.A.I.D - Resto at its destiny

10+ Year Old Account
    Up front, my experience is currently 9/16h 10m with several resto ranks this tier (best was H Tayak @ 42, but its since been pushed out).

In order to simplify I do not aim for a specific amount of mastery or haste. My stat priority (excluding int) is spirit>crit>mastery>haste. This prioritizes regen over throughput to a small extent, which supports the kind of play style I prefer.

What madhoof says holds true for Ancestral Guidance (good for tsulong, but trumped by HTT in every other case).

If you are doing everything else right concerning non CDs, the thing that really sets us apart is proper usage of Ascendance and HTT. You need to use them several times per fight and have a good feel for what the best times are to get the maximum throughput. Communicate and cooperate with your healing team; Let them know that you are about to use a CD and to ease off the heals for a bit ("save some mana i'm dropping a big CD"). If you don't communicate with your healing team you can overlap CDs when a large, raid-wide damage spike comes in. This in turn mitigates your most powerful abilities.

Smart use of spirit link can also lead to a surprising amount of healing. Master your CDs I guess is what I'm trying to say. Can give you more advice if you link logs.
    Last edited by edlike; 2013-01-12 at 04:26 AM.

Thank you very much! I would link logs, but guild just transferred so RL is getting the website setup and stuff, but for your future reference i will PM you, is that ok?

The problem with Ancestral Guidance is that, while it can do close to the same amount of healing as HTT, especially given the 2 minute vs 3 minute CD, it requires burning so much mana to do so (effectively it requires Healing Surge spam) that it is significantly worse on every fight except Tsulong.

I recommend taking Ancestral Swiftness and reforging as much haste off as possible and forgetting about Elemental Mastery. Elemental Mastery is an option for more burst healing, but it effectively requires reforging to 3039 haste to get the same 2 breakpoints (for Earthliving and Healing Rain) that you get automatically from Ancestral Swiftness. Sure, you can reforge to only 2015 and get the Healing Rain breakpoint and not the Earthliving breakpoint, but you have to remember that (1) You are giving up output by needing to reforge more Crit and Mastery to Haste (2) not getting the ELW breakpoint is a loss of about 2% output on most fights (3) Elemental Mastery gives more burst and output, but burns more mana to do so (4) The instant cast from AS is a useful emergency option. Outside of being at very high gear levels and on very short fights, I really don't think you would ever come out on top taking Elemental Mastery (outside Tsulong of course).

If you go with the Ancestral Swiftness route, you can reforge out of all haste and, your stat priority should be

Spirit > Int > Crit >= Mastery > Haste

Crit gives more Resurgence regen and even discounting that, outperforms Mastery on targets below about 35% HP for single target direct heals and 65% HP for AOE healing. Most of T14 is predicated around needing the raid to be topped most of the time, so Crit > Mastery in most cases. There is no magical 50% mastery threshold. Mastery is either better than Crit for what you are healing or it isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    tibbee gives some great advice with some actual #'s to back it up and better progression than i can claim.

feel free to pm me or hit me up in game if you are on US servers. my btag is edlike#1346. my armory can be misleading as I am sometimes in my ele gear/spec or in mismatched gear and spec due to switching post raid etc.
    Last edited by edlike; 2013-01-12 at 04:35 AM.

Added you edlike its from Hyperion

yeah go with edlike.
    he does exactly the same stuff than me, and is as progressed as me. just take what stats u get, try keeping as low as possible with haste, with regen being the most important thing.
    The second most important thing is good use of cds.

I have found myself going for max spirit > crit >mastery>haste >int, with AS and htt being core talents.

garajal hc will oom you more than once, i bet , 3 crushes can be negated /migiated by u alone, with a rotation of htt / slt / ascendance + instantheal.
    Last edited by Holofernes; 2013-01-12 at 10:51 AM.