View Poll Results: What will be Blizzard's big thing at Gamescom?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Diablo III

    10 17.86%
  • Heroes of the Storm

    3 5.36%
  • World of Warcraft

    9 16.07%
  • Starcraft II

    1 1.79%
  • Overwatch

    13 23.21%
  • Hearthstone

    4 7.14%
  • Legacy Games (HD remakes/new content)

    12 21.43%
  • New Game (Diablo IV, Warcraft IV, etc.)

    11 19.64%
  • There won't be any major announcements.

    16 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1
    Bloodsail Admiral Andyssian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    #TeamNoMoreOrcs!
    Posts
    1,096

    What will be Blizzard's big thing at Gamescom 2016?

    With about 24 hours left until Blizzard reveals at least some of their shiny new content at this year's Gamescom, I'm really curious to hear what you guys think as to what they are going to announce/showcase this time.

    Which of their game do you think is going to have the biggest presence this year?

    Personally, I'd say Heroes of the Storm.

    First of all - the most likely candidate would be something Diablo-related, but with the core members of the D3 dev team such as Josh Mosqueira, Leonard Boyarsky or John Yang leaving, I believe D3 is going into maintenance mode - i.e. no more expansions are in the works. And the new project they've been posting job offers for, seems to be quite early in the development. If anything, we might get a sneak peak at a 2.5 patch,

    However... Heroes of the Storm is really interesting here.
    Obviously they are going to announce some new heroes. Also, it's been quite a while since we got a new map for HotS. And... At last year's Blizzcon, they've talked about a new game mode. Well, it would be weird to have the same thing be teased at two Blizzcons in a row, so I'd say that it's about time for Blizzard to officially show the Arena mode.

    That + a map + like 2-3 heroes and possibly some other changes is going to be their big thing for this year's Gamescom.
    This is further backed by the fact that originally the "Blizzard at Gamescom" was made on the HotS site and other official sites just redirected to that article. Also, the article itself seems to mention HotS content the most.

    So, what do you guys think?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyssian View Post
    With about 24 hours left until Blizzard reveals at least some of their shiny new content at this year's Gamescom, I'm really curious to hear what you guys think as to what they are going to announce/showcase this time.

    Which of their game do you think is going to have the biggest presence this year?

    Personally, I'd say Heroes of the Storm.

    First of all - the most likely candidate would be something Diablo-related, but with the core members of the D3 dev team such as Josh Mosqueira, Leonard Boyarsky or John Yang leaving, I believe D3 is going into maintenance mode - i.e. no more expansions are in the works. And the new project they've been posting job offers for, seems to be quite early in the development. If anything, we might get a sneak peak at a 2.5 patch,

    However... Heroes of the Storm is really interesting here.
    Obviously they are going to announce some new heroes. Also, it's been quite a while since we got a new map for HotS. And... At last year's Blizzcon, they've talked about a new game mode. Well, it would be weird to have the same thing be teased at two Blizzcons in a row, so I'd say that it's about time for Blizzard to officially show the Arena mode.

    That + a map + like 2-3 heroes and possibly some other changes is going to be their big thing for this year's Gamescom.
    This is further backed by the fact that originally the "Blizzard at Gamescom" was made on the HotS site and other official sites just redirected to that article. Also, the article itself seems to mention HotS content the most.

    So, what do you guys think?
    Would they not be pumping out Overwatch stuff as it's their newest IP?
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

  3. #3
    Bloodsail Admiral Andyssian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    #TeamNoMoreOrcs!
    Posts
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    Would they not be pumping out Overwatch stuff as it's their newest IP?
    Well, I'd say it's also a possibility.
    I'd say that Overwatch will get something regardless, but it won't be their biggest "suprise" at this year's Gamescom.

  4. #4
    Old God Dezerte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    10,324
    Hoping it could be a Diablo 3 expansion.
    To declare that a personal, inner experience gives certainty about the workings of the universe is to assign far too much value to one’s subjective sense of conviction.
    I’m not that arrogant.

    The brain, marvelous instrument though it is, isn’t infallible. It can misfire, seize or hallucinate, and it can do so in a way that’s utterly indistinguishable from reality to the person experiencing it.

  5. #5
    Elemental Lord Haidaes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    BUoE - Bureaucratic Union of Europe
    Posts
    8,914
    I doubt they reveal much. I would love them to make a good single player game again instead of errecting oil drilling platforms on my wallet while trying to paint me blue/gray and throwing me into the sea.

  6. #6
    Crossing fingers for a Diablo expac. I hope they find a way to improve the gear situation. WHen I logged in after season 6 ended I saw how little space I had and how much gear I wanted to keep and I just went . . .oh HELL NO and logged out.

  7. #7
    Sombra reveal for Overwatch alongside the Overwatch Bastion animated short. I don't expect anything else.

    Karazhan just came out for Hearthstone, Legion is coming in 15 days, HOTS just had Auriel release and they'll save a major D3 reveal (if there is one) for BlizzCon.

  8. #8
    Leaning towards nothing, but if they do announce something new it will most likely be for Overwatch.

    If their last earnings call was any indication, I think they're trying to downplay HotS.

  9. #9
    The Lightbringer WarpedAcorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    3,061
    I'm sure my tears will be revealed after watching the Bastion short...just like most of the other Overwatch animations. :*)
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

  10. #10
    Probably some D3 and Overwatch stuff, though I'm only interested to see HD remakes of their old games. WoW gets a new expansion in a few weeks, Hearthstone just got one, SC2 is pretty much finished, and HotS just got a new hero.

  11. #11
    Sombra reveal or new Diablo game. Legion will be the 'we just released, have some art' like the one after cata launched', SC2 is dying on the vine and Heroes of the Storm wasn't even mentioned at the shareholders so i doubt a moba will be their big darling when the genre itself is stagnating outside the big 2.

    Overwatch is their new moneymaker, hearthstone just got its new expansion so thats not going to be the big announcement this time. If its not Sombra then its gotta be that new Diablo project they have been hiring for.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  12. #12
    Epic! Tryuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    The Other Rainy State
    Posts
    1,610
    Sombra probably, Diablo 3 expansion or Diablo 4/whatevertheDiablothingis hopefully (though either of those sound like major notes to be kept for Blizzcon). Maybe Heroes of the Storm or Hearthstone -- though I don't follow Hearthstone enough to know how often they make expansions/adventures and Kara was pretty recent right?
    Shhhhh, he's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

  13. #13
    I am Murloc! UnifiedDivide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,833
    Overwatch cinematic and a hero reveal. Anything else I imagine would come at BlizzCon.

    Could just be showing off some kind of HD remaster of an older game, honestly.

    Sometimes updated...

  14. #14
    Old God Dezerte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    10,324
    Reaper of Souls-expansion for Diablo 3 was announced at Gamescom, so it's entirely plausible that they'd announce the second one this year there as well.
    To declare that a personal, inner experience gives certainty about the workings of the universe is to assign far too much value to one’s subjective sense of conviction.
    I’m not that arrogant.

    The brain, marvelous instrument though it is, isn’t infallible. It can misfire, seize or hallucinate, and it can do so in a way that’s utterly indistinguishable from reality to the person experiencing it.

  15. #15
    Bloodsail Admiral Andyssian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    #TeamNoMoreOrcs!
    Posts
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Reaper of Souls-expansion for Diablo 3 was announced at Gamescom, so it's entirely plausible that they'd announce the second one this year there as well.
    Given there even is another expansion, which - in all honesty - I don't think there is.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyssian View Post
    Given there even is another expansion, which - in all honesty - I don't think there is.
    They have been hiring for a Diablo project. Given the only other game with an 'unkown' being Sombra right now odds are fair its Diablo.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  17. #17
    Bloodsail Admiral Andyssian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    #TeamNoMoreOrcs!
    Posts
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    They have been hiring for a Diablo project. Given the only other game with an 'unkown' being Sombra right now odds are fair its Diablo.
    The project they are hiring for seems much more like a completely new game, not a Diablo III expansion.
    By the looks of it, it's still pretty early in development too.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyssian View Post
    The project they are hiring for seems much more like a completely new game, not a Diablo III expansion.
    By the looks of it, it's still pretty early in development too.
    All they gotta show is a "World of Sanctuary" trailer with no gameplay and people will shit the bed, it is Blizzard after all.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  19. #19
    Bloodsail Admiral Andyssian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    #TeamNoMoreOrcs!
    Posts
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    All they gotta show is a "World of Sanctuary" trailer with no gameplay and people will shit the bed, it is Blizzard after all.
    Well, no doubts about that

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Reaper of Souls-expansion for Diablo 3 was announced at Gamescom, so it's entirely plausible that they'd announce the second one this year there as well.
    Umm, it was announced at Gamescom because they didn't want it to be over shadowed by announcing it at blizzcon when WoD was also being announced.

    Any big announcement this year is going to be at blizzcon... That will be when they drop the "surprise", as they would simply skip blizzcon if they had nothing cool to announce(they have done it before).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •