1. #1
    Merely a Setback Jtbrig7390's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    28,015

    Death Stranding is in a Playable State and coming before 2019.

    https://www.playstationtrophies.org/...-and-More.html

    Despite failing to appear at E3 2017 following Hideo Kojima stating as much, Death Stranding is apparently in a playable state right now, and Shawn Layden, President of Sony Interactive America, has played it.

    Addressing the game's E3 absence in a chat with The Telegraph and the CGI trailers shown thus far, Layden responded, stating, "it's up and running." This is thanks in now small part to Death Stranding making use of Horizon Zero Dawn's powerful Decima engine.

    "It’s been aided tremendously after Kojima-San decided to co-opt the Decima engine from Guerrilla. And, gosh, that really gave him a leg up to get up and running and test it and have some prototype levels running. I couldn’t explain to you what the game is…" Layden added.

    "I have actually played some of it," Layden then revealed. When asked if Death Stranding is as "revolutionary" as Kojima has being saying it will be, Layden replied: "All that and more!" He then went on to confirm that the game "actually exists," which is good to know.

    Death Stranding is so much more than just ideas and CGI teaser trailers then. It actually exists, and will be coming to PlayStation 4 before 2019.


    I highly expect it to been shown at PSX with a release date of fall 2018 now.
    My PC: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory|1TB WD Caviar Blue|Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE|SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  2. #2
    Assuming that's all not just smoke from Sony, good chance it pops up this December at PSX.

  3. #3
    Merely a Setback Jtbrig7390's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    28,015
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Assuming that's all not just smoke from Sony, good chance it pops up this December at PSX.
    I find it unlikely its smoke from Sony, But there is always that small chance that it is.

    Ether way I'm really interested in what the game could be. I also find it likely it will be at PSX, Shu tweeted out that held back stuff from E3 to show then.
    My PC: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory|1TB WD Caviar Blue|Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE|SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  4. #4
    Titan Eleccybubb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Algo Solar System.
    Posts
    13,376
    Honestly. While my hype has died down a lot the game still has me intrigued. That's all I can really say.

    Maybe this will be at PSX. What really needs to be at PSX this year though is FF7, KH3 and other big stuff. Because they didn't show anything super big at E3 which leads me to believe they are saving the big guns for PSX and from now on doing it that way.
    A life with no changes can’t be called life. You can only call it experience. Lelouch Vi Britannia. (Code Geass)
    I refuse to be a slave of fate! I will be the master of my own future! Shir Gold. (Phantasy Star 2)
    Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose. Ayrton Senna. (3 times Formula 1 World Champion)

  5. #5
    Merely a Setback Jtbrig7390's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    28,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Honestly. While my hype has died down a lot the game still has me intrigued. That's all I can really say.

    Maybe this will be at PSX. What really needs to be at PSX this year though is FF7, KH3 and other big stuff. Because they didn't show anything super big at E3 which leads me to believe they are saving the big guns for PSX and from now on doing it that way.
    Since its Sony's show, I find that quite likely. Shu even tweeted out that they held back for PSX.
    My PC: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory|1TB WD Caviar Blue|Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE|SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  6. #6
    Scarab Lord hellhamster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Thessaloniki, Greece
    Posts
    4,350
    Sony held back at E3, no Death Stranding, no FromSoft game, no nothing. They probably have everything ready for PSX.

  7. #7
    Still expecting this to be the big late summer, autumn going on halloween release for sony.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  8. #8
    I assume it's a renamed or changed Silent Hills, but how much it resembles what they were going to make probably depends on how much was shown/shared with Konami as legalities come into play. If that's the case then I hope they have enough quality ideas leftover.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2017-06-21 at 07:01 PM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Sony held back at E3, no Death Stranding, no FromSoft game, no nothing. They probably have everything ready for PSX.
    I think a fair few devs are considering E3 as going downhill. Nowadays its used more as fodder for cringe compilations not goodwill advertising, nintendos controlled message system works far better. I think sony is saving for PSX from now on as the norm.

    Lets be honest they had to start selling E3 tickets to the public for a reason, shits not pulling in the money like it used to.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  10. #10
    Is this like when MGSV was in a playable state back in 2012?

    Ya, we'll see it in 2020 if we're lucky. Kojima will probably go over budget 10 times over, release a game without a proper 2nd half and ending and his cult followers will blame Sony for it (note: I don't like Konami as a company but the MGSV mishap was entirely on the shoulders of the captain of that ship, he couldn't finish an entire game in half a decade that's his fault)

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Is this like when MGSV was in a playable state back in 2012?

    Ya, we'll see it in 2020 if we're lucky. Kojima will probably go over budget 10 times over, release a game without a proper 2nd half and ending and his cult followers will blame Sony for it (note: I don't like Konami as a company but the MGSV mishap was entirely on the shoulders of the captain of that ship, he couldn't finish an entire game in half a decade that's his fault)
    It's refreshing to see someone actually pay attention to Konami's comments instead of the pro Hideo circlejerk.

  12. #12
    Not too interested in this, but I will wait until gameplay is shown before making any true judgments.
    List of upcoming WoW killers: Crowfall, Ashes of Creation, Path of Fire, Forsaken Legends

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •