this game is a good game to pass time

but dont expect more

class balance 0
    encounter desing 0

the only thing it has is

bugs: over 9000

dont get me wrong its fun but its not a game you wanna play long term in this state.. ;X

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    In exactly what area does Marvel Heroes , after stripping away the IPs, shine over Diablo 3? I'm actually curious about this as I thought Diablo 3 was a deeply flawed game with near crippling issues, and still it outshines Marvel Heroes, which though it doesn't have things like poisonous AH's to distort and infect it's gameplay still manages to provide an overall dull and lackluster experience.
    We are all entitled to our opinions but I'm curious to what elements inspired you to your "it's everything D3 should have been" when it manages , from my perspective, to do what Diablo 3 does but worse.

Just as you said, it's a matter of perspective. I was disappointed with d3 from almost all points of view. From the story to the RMAH, it's just not what I expected. As for Marvel Heroes, I absolutely love everything about it so far. I enjoyed the first boss fight with Green Goblin way more than any bosses in d3. Even Diablo. I think that says a few things about said game. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    In exactly what area does Marvel Heroes , after stripping away the IPs, shine over Diablo 3? I'm actually curious about this as I thought Diablo 3 was a deeply flawed game with near crippling issues, and still it outshines Marvel Heroes, which though it doesn't have things like poisonous AH's to distort and infect it's gameplay still manages to provide an overall dull and lackluster experience.
    We are all entitled to our opinions but I'm curious to what elements inspired you to your "it's everything D3 should have been" when it manages , from my perspective, to do what Diablo 3 does but worse.
    I won't say that, outside of the IP, that every aspect absolutely outshines what D3 offers, but two things do stand out - for me, the gear itemization and crafting are both more interesting. With the gear, being able to augment specific skills, or add ones that I didn't spend points in, adds an interesting aspect that I believe was in D2 but isn't really present in D3 (skill adjustment affixes, such as cooldown reduction, are obviously in and feel like a similar design - that of the gear itself being tied to a particular playstyle rather than based on getting only specific stats - but I don't think there are enough options there to make it feel like a prominent part of the system like it is in MH).

With the crafting, I've always been a fan of systems where you can take the "almost there" or "has potential" items, sink some wealth/items into it, pray to the gods of RNG, and produce something better. D3's one shot per craft, where it's either what you want or can use, or it's not (and then you destroy it for a terrible return compared to how many materials it takes to craft) feels like a crafting system that was never fully fleshed out of one reason or another, and it's obvious that it was supposed to complement whatever the Mystic brought to the table. While the UI still needs work, and having crafting materials stack is a much requested and almost necessary feature, crafting in this game brings more with it and feels like it's better tied to the other systems in the game, namely the farming and loot acquisition aspects.

Also, you can punch T-Rex's in the face in a later chapter. So...there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    I have to ask.... where is the marketing for this game? I had never even heard of it until a few days ago. I am enjoying it so far, but damn they need some sort of advertising campaign.
    I don't think they had much of a marketing budget, not being one of the bigger publishers.

Also, just saw this brought up in a thread - free Iron Man costume skin (Edit: you can redeem the key and get the costume without needing to have Iron Man first - thanks Jtbrig7390) over at the Alienware site. Limited keys, all that jazz, have to register with the Alienware site - the usual.

Link: http://www.alienwarearena.com/giveaw...ource=facebook
    Last edited by Berethos08; 2013-06-05 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    Also, just saw this brought up in a thread - free Iron Man costume skin (you need to already have him unlocked as a hero for it to work, apparently) over at the Alienware site. Limited keys, all that jazz, have to register with the Alienware site - the usual.
    Awesome! Thank you!
    I'm still thinking about it...

Also, just saw this brought up in a thread - free Iron Man costume skin (you need to already have him unlocked as a hero for it to work, apparently) over at the Alienware site. Limited keys, all that jazz, have to register with the Alienware site - the usual.

Link: http://www.alienwarearena.com/giveaw...ource=facebook
    Thx for that I don't have ironman unlocked but I was able to redeem that key

I wish someone would do a give away of ether The Punisher/Gambit/Ironman/Deadpool because I want to play those but not pay 20$ each LOL.

kinda wish I could switch out my choice for Hawkeye for The Thing.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    kinda wish I could switch out my choice for Hawkeye for The Thing.
    I was actually thinking of grabbing The Thing but I have my eyes set on Hulk and don't want to spend too much time on multiple melee character. And Hawkeye seems to be doing pretty well at low levels. I just need another costume for him. Never like the whole purple and giant H thing going-on.
    I'm still thinking about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Tuqui-tuqui View Post
    I was actually thinking of grabbing The Thing but I have my eyes set on Hulk and don't want to spend too much time on multiple melee character. And Hawkeye seems to be doing pretty well at low levels. I just need another costume for him. Never like the whole purple and giant H thing going-on.
    I believe Hawkeye is currently one of the highest single target DPS heroes in the game. Early on AoE skills seems to be the area where he is lacking the most, though I hear that leads to more annoyance when getting swarmed by certain types of enemies (smoke bomb dropping annoying ass teleporting Ninjas come to mind) than any real difficulty.

I believe Hawkeye is currently one of the highest single target DPS heroes in the game. Early on AoE skills seems to be the area where he is lacking the most, though I hear that leads to more annoyance when getting swarmed by certain types of enemies (smoke bomb dropping annoying ass teleporting Ninjas come to mind) than any real difficulty.
    Ya that is what is annoying me a bit is he dose not have any AOE at low level.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

So far better than D3. No buy to win auction house huzzah!

anyone else (still) experiencing downtime? I seem to get a message saying "the game is currently offline", while the game is officially online and a friend of mine just logged out and logged back in only to find that his account/password combination is incorrect....

Marvel Heroes MMO Question...

So, I haven't been able to find anything on this. What's the explanation they give for me, Peter Parker, to be teamed up with 6 other Peter Parkers? I haven't downloaded the game yet, simply because I'm terrified that I'll have to ignore that fact. Is there an explanation, like, say, you have your own universe where you're the only Wolverine/Spider-Man/Hulk, and you go on some interdimesional quest, or are there just 10,000 of myself walking around? Is Multiple Man playable? Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantastic View Post
    So, I haven't been able to find anything on this. What's the explanation they give for me, Peter Parker, to be teamed up with 6 other Peter Parkers? I haven't downloaded the game yet, simply because I'm terrified that I'll have to ignore that fact. Is there an explanation, like, say, you have your own universe where you're the only Wolverine/Spider-Man/Hulk, and you go on some interdimesional quest, or are there just 10,000 of myself walking around? Is Multiple Man playable? Haha.
    There explanation is they did not want players to feel limited to who they can play based off what others are playing and I agree with it.

When I get deadpool I want to be able to play him not be limited to who I can play based off what others are playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    There explanation is they did not want players to feel limited to who they can play based off what others are playing and I agree with it.

When I get deadpool I want to be able to play him not be limited to who I can play based off what others are playing.
    Wow. ...That's crappy. I much would have rather had Marvel make a game like City of Heroes, where you make your own superhero. Probably wont play. Too much of a lore nerd.

Wow. ...That's crappy. I much would have rather had Marvel make a game like City of Heroes, where you make your own superhero. Probably wont play. Too much of a lore nerd.
    I personally like it this way because DCU tryed that setup and to me personally failed at it hard.

This way they can make the story without having to fit in "The unknown hero"

Ya i'm very much enjoying this game. Been playing as Scarlet Witch (got storm to drop off of GG but only played her to 3) and I love her so far. I really want to get Rocket Raccoon and Iron Man but fuck that store. would be 35 bucks for just the characters and not any of the outfits (I did get heartbreaker from Alienware but still). Really want Nova to come out too but so far the character drops seem ridiculously low. I know its a f2p game and they need to make money but at least LoL lets you earn currency so you can eventually buy heroes. This just seems like a horribly flawed system.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelmart View Post
    Ya i'm very much enjoying this game. Been playing as Scarlet Witch (got storm to drop off of GG but only played her to 3) and I love her so far. I really want to get Rocket Raccoon and Iron Man but fuck that store. would be 35 bucks for just the characters and not any of the outfits (I did get heartbreaker from Alienware but still). Really want Nova to come out too but so far the character drops seem ridiculously low. I know its a f2p game and they need to make money but at least LoL lets you earn currency so you can eventually buy heroes. This just seems like a horribly flawed system.
    It's probably priced so high because it's a buy one, its yours forever thing plus you can get them as a drop.

I'm not saying its reasonable, frankly it's shit overpriced but since it's a one time thing I think its ok.

Now $3 to respec? No fuck no.

I'm honestly, OK with the price of the characters. I'm NOT ok with you CAN'T earn currency in game (such as LoL) and/or the drop rates being terribly low (much less than 1% from bosses). Also skins should only be like 5 dollars, not more than some of the characters. They keep these prices they won't have a lot of profit b/c of the high price scaring away customers (me and everyone I know playing it that refuses to buy them at this price).

Their explanation is the cosmic cube.

But really, this is a rather odd thing to worry about, yet I see people constantly bring it up on boards. It's a comic, the concept of clones (Clone Saga and Spider Island) isn't new or strange to comics, nor is it unexpected in the ARPG genre. Nobody seemed to care about multiple necromancers or monks running around together in Diablo 2 or 3, even though they were a specific individual, not just a random representation of the class (particularly in D3).

If the clone thing's an immersion killer, so should having Hulk, Thor, and Rocket Raccoon just casually fighting thugs in Hell's Kitchen or Madripoor, which is completely out of place for them. Or having to team up with 10 other heroes just to beat Venom or Electro, who are regularly beaten by solo guys like Spider-man.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It's probably priced so high because it's a buy one, its yours forever thing plus you can get them as a drop.

I'm not saying its reasonable, frankly it's shit overpriced but since it's a one time thing I think its ok.

Now $3 to respec? No fuck no.
    Well for this there is really no wrong spec unless you really just want to feel like your topping charts. I do disagree with respecting costing money in any game but I overlook it in this one because as I said there is really no wrong spec just build them the way u want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not sure if my computer is having a hard time running things or if its just a bug on there end. Sound seems to skip sometimes. The graphics seem to glitch sometimes as well. Almost like my monitor refresh rate isn't good. While moving sometimes the character seems like it freezes for a half a second but it is really noticeable. Don't have these issues in other games.

computer specs are
    intel e6750 (stock clock speeds)
    gtx 550 ti
    8gb ram
    monitor is asus VS247H-P

Does anyone else have problems like I do? Hoping it's just because the game is buggy and not my computer. i also am not running the graphics on high. Going to update my video card driver and see if it helps anything.
    Last edited by Stevecow; 2013-06-06 at 04:13 AM.